11 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Hope so.  I think the talent is there, but I need to see the QB play to be more confident.

Hampton is the truth...I haven't seen the Boulter QB but if he's as good or better than Hampton like some of you have said....yall should be good at QB for the future.

Legacy set at QB for the future too with 2024 QB Luke Wolf (6'2 170) out of Hubbard.

13 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

After what happen with JT last year we need everything we can get lol. We don’t have the luxury of the one school system like Longview 😁.

I hear ya on that first part but being in a multi HS district is not an excuse for low depth lol

Lot of schools out there in multi HS districts with plenty depth.

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Hampton is the truth...I haven't seen the Boulter QB but if he's as good or better than Hampton like some of you have said....yall should be good at QB for the future.

Legacy set at QB for the future too with 2024 QB Luke Wolf (6'2 170) out of Hubbard.

Cujo83 said he like the qb from Boulter better and it appears right now Coach Holmes does too.  I believe the kid is on varsity and has a shot at starting...although I think Pinkard is going to be the starter.   

Don't know much about Hubbard QB, but I know Hubbard wasn't very good last yr at any of the levels. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

I hear ya on that first part but being in a multi HS district is not an excuse for low depth lol

Lot of schools out there in multi HS districts with plenty depth.

for whatever reasons...depth at JT has never been deep.  Even during the Coach Wilson era in the 90s there was only 50 to 60 players on varsity.  

This yr, the depth will be much better.  Should be about 50 players each on all three squads...which is very good for JT. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Cujo83 said he like the qb from Boulter better and it appears right now Coach Holmes does too.  I believe the kid is on varsity and has a shot at starting...although I think Pinkard is going to be the starter.   

Don't know much about Hubbard QB, but I know Hubbard wasn't very good last yr at any of the levels. 

You have to realize Hampton just got back. Coach Holmes is just not going to hand the keys over to him. He will have to earn it. But rest assure Hampton is not the #2 qb in his class for no reason. He will be starting unless something happens. You don't place that type of of talent on the sidelines when he's being recruited to play qb. If he doesn't play qb his mother doesn't have a problem enrolling him somewhere else. We already seen that.

4 hours ago, VonG said:

You have to realize Hampton just got back. Coach Holmes is just not going to hand the keys over to him. He will have to earn it. But rest assure Hampton is not the #2 qb in his class for no reason. He will be starting unless something happens. You don't place that type of of talent on the sidelines when he's being recruited to play qb. If he doesn't play qb his mother doesn't have a problem enrolling him somewhere else. We already seen that.

Yea Holmes better not mess this one up!! He should learn from last year. 

22 hours ago, kingwolf said:

Wow....I hope we get a full season....going to be great...

This wide state...2 of these 2024 QB's are in this district alone:  Warren Peck (Highland Park) and Aeryn Hampton (Tyler).

Ladarius Franklin also at Tyler. Longview has a pair of long term FBS potential QBs arriving to the Lobo Den tomorrow in Andrew Tutt (5'10 160) from Judson and Campbell Williams (6'3 170) from Foster. Williams already highly ranked and regarded on the baseball side of things. 

I think Tyler does at QB what Legacy did a few years back with that 2022 RB pair. One played on varsity (Jamarion Miller) and the other on the 9th grade (Bryson Donnell). 

Similar to Longview's 9th WR pair last year. Jalen Hale went to varsity, while JT Wright, also 6'3 180, stayed as the go to guy on the freshmen team.

6 hours ago, VonG said:

The freshman qb for Legacy is also nice. 

He is, but big question is what will be around him in a few years.

Next year won't be a problem since that 2022 class is good but Legacy didn't have a good 9th team this past year, went 2-8. And doesn't sound like there's a lot going on in this incoming 9th group, outside of Wolf. 

Just now, ANTI said:

Next year won't be a problem since that 2022 class is good but Legacy didn't have a good 9th team this past year, went 2-8. And doesn't sound like there's a lot going on in this incoming 9th group, outside of Wolf. 

FACTS!

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

Legacy has a nice freshmen class. Everybody didn't end up at Tyler High. 

9 hours ago, VonG said:

Legacy has a nice freshmen class. 

We'll see.

I know they have a 6'3-6'4 WR out of 3 Lakes with FBS potential long term..couple others...just don't know about them being a 'nice' class as a whole.

Now, that 2022 (JR) class was nice. '23 (sophomores)...not so much.

I'll get to see em 10/8 at Lobo.