4 hours ago, CUJONATION83 said:

Aeryn Hampton will most likely not be the starter for Tyler high as of right now. Trust me on that. With that being said, next year very possible. If I was a betting who the starter will be it would be Keyontae Pinkard. The uncertainty at qb the true issue right now. I see Tyler high definitely making the playoffs either way. 

Hearing he may be on Fresh or JV. The Boulter QB may be in mix too.  I kinda think Pinkard might be the guy too.  

If they can get qb situation together, it could be a decent yr.  They return alot of players on offence and def. I kinda like 5-5 or 6-4, if no qb its going to be another down yr.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Talk about being optimistic. I think that would be an unbelievable season for this Tyler squad.

Personally, think it's realistic to see Tyler losing to Texas High, Legacy, Horn, North, Highland Park and Longview.

Y'all just got done losing to Sherman so another possible loss there. Can't see y'all losing to Nac to Wylie East. West Mesquite and Sherman games will decide y'all's playoff fate imo.

Interesting season for sure for y'all. Though, I agree with ANTI, next season y'all should be back to normal.

Yea I know it’s not the most realistic thing, but if we can just enough production from the QB to get the job done, then I could possibly see 8-2 7-3. But I don’t this season being no worse than 6-4 which would still be good for this young squad

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yea I know it’s not the most realistic thing, but if we can just enough production from the QB to get the job done, then I could possibly see 8-2 7-3. But I don’t this season being no worse than 6-4 which would still be good for this young squad

I agree totally with this statement 

5 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

They return 4 of 5 starters on the Oline and all the skill positions except Kitan Crawford. On Def they return entire D line and like 3 guys in secondary. But they got to replace all the LBs.

If Ford was back,   I could see 8-2 or 7-3.  I do think the talent coming up is much better, but the qb is very key in JT's offense.  Pinkard can run, but I don't know how good he can throw the ball.  I know 5-5 ain't good for JT, but if the qb situation isn't good its probably realistic. 

I know other teams in district are breaking in QBs too so that could help. But a team like LV who usually runs the ball very well, can be very good with average QB play.  When JT has avg or below qb play, they haven't did well recently.  I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see any of the qbs being better than Ford this yr. But next yr I think JT could be very good. 

7 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Here is my prediction for JT schedule

week 1 vs Texas High - Tyler wins by a surprising margin.

Week 2- Vs Legacy- Tyler High will just find a way to lose this game, I actually think legacy will be pretty good this year. 

Week 3- At Nac- Tyler wins big on the road

Week 4- At Horn- Toss up can go either way but Tyler rides off of momentum from  Nac and wins.

Week 5- At North- Tyler gets a revenge win after close one last year.

Week 6- Bye

Week 7- Vs West Mesquite- Tyler High feasts on early easy start of the district schedule and wins. 

Week 8- At Wylie East- Another W Easy win for Tyler

Week 9- Vs Highland Park- You know a lot of people think I will be crazy for this one but I will give the unpopular opinion that Tyler High wins this game! I think with winning streak that they would bring into the game and being at home will bring a lot momentum for Tyler to pull off the upset!

Week 10- At Sherman- Tyler keeps it rolling but get small scare in the first half but blows it open in the second half.

Week 11- for the district chip and the number one seed the game will be a close one early but Tyler just won’t have the horses to roll past Longview unless a someone has a major breakout game, Longview wins this one. 

so regular season projection for Tyler?

8-2 or 7-3 if they lose to highland park. 
I think that’s pretty good for this unproven team.

we will know alot about this team from the T-High game.   I agree with you on North.  They had their best team last yr, and JT without Ford for 90 percent of the game had a chance to win. Their sub varsity squads have been terrible for past couple of yrs, so I can see JT winning.  WM is a tossup to me and I just don't know about Sherman. Im shock they beat JT last yr. I hope revenge is on their mind vs them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

we will know alot about this team from the T-High game.   I agree with you on North.  They had their best team last yr, and JT without Ford for 90 percent of the game had a chance to win. Their sub varsity squads have been terrible for past couple of yrs, so I can see JT winning.  WM is a tossup to me and I just don't know about Sherman. Im shock they beat JT last yr. I hope revenge is on their mind vs them. 

McKinney North and Sherman didn't have good subvarsities at all last year. Tyler high will definitely be back to what we're accustomed to 2021 and after. Like I said playoffs are definitely in cards.

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Hearing he may be on Fresh or JV. The Boulter QB may be in mix too.  I kinda think Pinkard might be the guy too.  

If they can get qb situation together, it could be a decent yr.  They return alot of players on offence and def. I kinda like 5-5 or 6-4, if no qb its going to be another down yr.

You can pretty much say the same for North.

If they find a QB, its over....because pratically everything else returns for them including one of the best WRs in the state, JJ Henry.

Sherman subvarsity were turrible and Charles Barkley's voice....but the experience they return on the varsity level is why they could be a playoff team in 2020. 

The 9th grade race in this district may be even more entertaining.

Longview, JT and HP expected to have good 9th classes this year. And McKinney North has maybe the best 2024 WR in TX, Taylor Offord.

Believe Sherman 8th squads were successful in 2019 as well.

On 8/30/2020 at 5:08 PM, JTFAN99 said:

I agree with you on north because they nearly lost to probably the worst JT team of the decade and thats with what you would consider one of north’s best team in their schools history. Also the Sherman I wasn’t suprised because that JT team by then had zero confidence and was probably just ready for the season be over no urgency at all. 

6 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I agree with you on north because they nearly lost to probably the worst JT team of the decade and thats with what you would consider one of north’s best team in their schools history. Also the Sherman I wasn’t suprised because that JT team by then had zero confidence and was probably just ready for the season be over no urgency at all. 

STRAIGHT FACTS! Tyler High was DONE MENTALLY after that game. The preseason schedule plus mounting losses plus ZERO DEPTH killed last year's team. The Ford situation just was icing on top. I can all involved were ready for it to end. The key 🔑 will be trying to make something out of this season. 

6 hours ago, CUJONATION83 said:

STRAIGHT FACTS! Tyler High was DONE MENTALLY after that game. The preseason schedule plus mounting losses plus ZERO DEPTH killed last year's team. The Ford situation just was icing on top. I can all involved were ready for it to end. The key 🔑 will be trying to make something out of this season. 

Has that improved, like, at all?

47 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned concerning McKinney North...

A lot of people seem to be pointing out that North's QB graduated as to the reason that they'll fall off...

Alright...but Kitan Crawford rushed for over 300 yards in that one. He was perhaps the sole reason JT was even in that game, and he's at UT now. Ford didn't play half of the night and he's at Chapel Hill now. How do you replace that production? 

Just now, ANTI said:

A lot of people seem to be pointing out that North's QB graduated as to the reason that they'll fall off...

Alright...but Kitan Crawford rushed for over 300 yards in that one. He was perhaps the sole reason JT was even in that game, and he's at UT now. Ford didn't play half of the night and he's at Chapel Hill now. How do you replace that production? 

We got kids who can run the ball. Not worried about rbs. Freshman Derrick McFall, Sr Keyontae Pinkard(my guess to be qb), sophomore Demarion Dewberry(sp),Sr Josh Hudson, and junior Jakyrin Lacy. We have options. Qb is the concern. 

9 hours ago, ANTI said:

Well I also believe it’s more than that they lost literally 90 percent of there offense. The same offense that struggled to move the ball mostly on an OK Tyler defense. But to get your point it’s not easy to replace that production, I know , but I feel like what Tyler has coming back vs what north has coming back on paper Tyler SHOULD win this game. But we will see. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Well I also believe it’s more than that they lost literally 90 percent of there offense. The same offense that struggled to move the ball mostly on an OK Tyler defense. 

For disclaimer, the big names that they loss offensively were RB Manny Fincher, TE Brandon Frazier and 7-5A's MVP...QB Dillon Markiewicz. All moved on to play D1 ball.

Now Dylan Frazier, Brandon's little brother, is a 6'5 250 JR who started at DE for McKinney North last year as a sophomore. Major P5 recruit and sounds like he'll be taking over at TE as well. So TE is covered.

Then add to the fact, they have JJ Henry back at WR....one of the best in Texas. Had 1400 yards last year...owns all of McKinney North's receiving records. 23 offers. With so many teams in the district replacing players at the CB position, this is a heavy advantage for North. And they'll have a top 3 OL in the district with LT Brandon Nelson (6'4 300), RG Seteye Akpabio (6'3 315) and RT Seth Holmes (6'2 285) all returning. All were all-district, all in contact with college coaches. 

I highly doubt they have a replacement for Fincher at RB, but if they find a QB...they won't need a RB of his caliber because of everything else on that offense. Especially since they'll have a very good OL.