District 11-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2020-2021

StingEmALTO

Scores from this week. 

Grapeland 50- Alto 28

Leon 44 - Centerville 14

Normangee  54 - Groveton 20

So Leon who has been kind of left out of a lot of conversations, and who I had picked earlier this week to win but changed it, made a pretty big statement. Getting a great win over Centerville. Not surprised they won but by that margin should really turn some heads. Normangee continues to win and Grapeland wins for the first time since ‘91 against Alto. 

Going to be a great week, I believe, every week in this district. I feel all 6 teams can win on any night against each other. I expect some good ball and a tight race for the playoff spots as the year moves along. 

• Like 1

Grapeland wins this district with ease if they keep them together and have no major injuries. Have way more athletes than any of the other teams.  Idk which district is the strongest but from what I have seen is SA is still the team to beat in this region. I haven’t seen Joaquin this year but saw them last year and feel SA is better this year than Joaquin last year. Timpson is very strong but think SA running back gives them the edge. I go SA, Timpson, Grapeland, Joaquin, Carlisle, the top 5 in this region. After that it doesn’t really matter.  Alto is better than their record show’s but they must open their offense up more. Very slow paced and do not utilize what speed they do have. Also Leon is better than most think. But still going wit SA in this region until someone knocks them off.   

• Like 1

11-2A Week 6 Results:

* Grapeland 50 - Alto 28
* Leon 44 - Centerville 14
* Normangee 54 - Groveton 20

11-2A Week 7 Schedule:

* Alto (0-1 | 0-5) @ Centerville (0-1 | 4-2)
* Groveton (0-1 | 2-4) @ Grapeland (1-0 | 5-1)
* Leon (1-0 | 4-1) @ Normangee (1-0 | 5-0)

11-2A Standings:

* (1-0 | 5-0) Normangee
* (1-0 | 5-1) Grapeland
* (1-0 | 4-1) Leon 
* (0-1 | 4-2) Centerville  
* (0-1 | 2-4) Groveton
* (0-1 | 0-5) Alto 

On 10/4/2020 at 7:16 PM, Star4life said:

Grapeland wins this district with ease if they keep them together and have no major injuries. Have way more athletes than any of the other teams.  Idk which district is the strongest but from what I have seen is SA is still the team to beat in this region. I haven’t seen Joaquin this year but saw them last year and feel SA is better this year than Joaquin last year. Timpson is very strong but think SA running back gives them the edge. I go SA, Timpson, Grapeland, Joaquin, Carlisle, the top 5 in this region. After that it doesn’t really matter.  Alto is better than their record show’s but they must open their offense up more. Very slow paced and do not utilize what speed they do have. Also Leon is better than most think. But still going wit SA in this region until someone knocks them off.   

Most likely Normangee and Grapeland will compete for district title and Leon is the dark horse. Both may lose a game In the district but I think one of these two will be the #1 out of the district. Normangee’s schedule has been tougher then Grapelands IMO.  Grapeland’s best win is Shelbyville and Normangee’s is Bremond and New Waverly. I feel Normangee has a slight edge so far in SOS. Carlisle I don’t believe is a top 5 in the region. They are a solid team no doubt but not sure if they are quite top 5. No doubt until someone knocks off SA they are the top dog. Them and Joaquin will play that out on Friday though. As of right now I put Hawkins in the top 5 over Grapeland and Carlisle. They are playing good ball right now. 

PREP FOOTBALL PREVIEW: 

• Oct 7, 2020

Alto Yellowjackets (0-5, 0-1) at Centerville Tigers( 4-2, 0-1)

7:00 p.m. Friday at Tiger Stadium in Centerville

Last Week: Grapeland 50, Alto 28; Leon 44, Centerville 14

Next Week: Alto vs. Leon; Centerville at Groveton

Game Analysis — The 'Jackets and the Tigers both know they need a win this week, after each dropped its district lid lifter last week … The Tigers had a four-game winning streak snapped last week … Offensively, Alto had its best night of the year a week ago and will be looking to build on that.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/prep-football-preview-jhs-to-host-nederland-on-sat/article_3a949dd2-0745-11eb-9ddb-4b94c5347801.html

E23C0173-AF8B-4F3F-8254-09BC41E41C79.jpeg

JV

(0-4 / 0-2) Groveton 8, Grapeland 0  (Love watching this team.  A bunch of tough and scrappy guys with a lot of heart).

JH

(4-0-1 / 2-0) Grapeland 34, Groveton 16  (Best JH group I've seen come through Grapeland in the last 15 years).

*StingEm - I stole your format lol

4 hours ago, Washington76 said:

JV

(0-4 / 0-2) Groveton 8, Grapeland 0  (Love watching this team.  A bunch of tough and scrappy guys with a lot of heart).

JH

(4-0-1 / 2-0) Grapeland 34, Groveton 16  (Best JH group I've seen come through Grapeland in the last 15 years).

*StingEm - I stole your format lol

Good deal!

That JH bunch from Grapeland is impressive. 👍