District 11-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2020-2021

StingEmALTO

Groveton over Leon 22-14

Normangee over Alto 35-22

Centerville over Grapeland 38-34

Alto is officially eliminated from the playoffs. Groveton needs to win vs Alto next week and Grapeland to beat Leon to advance. 

Centerville clinches a spot and Normangee will play Centerville next week to decide district champ. 

Grapeland is in. They hold the head to head over Groveton. So even if they lose to Leon they are in.  Leon must win or have Groveton lose to get in. 

• Thanks 1

So here’s the seeding run down.

Normangee with a win gets #1 or #2 with a loss. 

Centerville can get the #1 seed with a win, #2 seed with a loss and Leon loss or the #3 seed with a loss and a Leon win. 

Grapeland gets the #3 seed with a win or #4 with a loss. 

Leon with a win gets the #3 seed or #2 seed with a win and a Centerville loss. If they lose and Groveton loses they get the #4 spot. If they lose and Groveton wins they are eliminated. 

Groveton can get the #4 seed with a win and Leon loss. 

Alto can spoil their rivals chances of getting in the playoffs with their first win of the season. 

• Thanks 1

Normangee 56 -36 Centerville 

Leon 30 - 8 Grapeland 

Alto 48 - 38 Groveton 

# 1 Seed - Normangee 

# 2 Seed - Leon

# 3 Seed - Centerville 

# 4 Seed - Grapeland 

Alto is out

Groveton is out. 

On paper this district may not seem that strong but I believe that all 4 clubs could be dangerous in the playoffs. Good luck to each of them. 

TONIGHT: Bonus game! The Jackets will wrap up the season tonight when Ore City travels to Alto. Kickoff is 7:00 p.m. This game takes the place of the one cancelled by Winona earlier in the season. I applaud Coach Meeks and Coach Burnham for scheduling this game to conclude the season. Says a lot about both programs wanting to play ball and see continued  improvement. For me it’s almost like a pre-pre-district game for 2021! 😂

20968026-C0D6-41CF-A10D-D8970144740E.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 11:39 PM, jacketgrad06 said:

As of now it sits like this - Dist 12 still has some games next week so subject to change. 

Normangee vs Thrall

Leon vs Thorndale

Centerville vs Holland

Grapeland vs Hearne 

So if this holds up I think District 11 has a great shot of going at least 3-1 and maybe even 4-0 next week. Grapeland is a dangerous 4 seed. Not sure if they have had some guys missing the past few weeks or what. Normangee is a dark horse to make a deep run and maybe be in the the regional championship. Centerville and Leon both are solid squads. Leon I believe already beat Holland this year. Centerville won vs Thorndale.  Hearne looks like they may have a deep squad like years past.  Should be interesting to say the least. 

6 hours ago, Washington76 said:

The Sandies have been playing with a lot of Soph and Freshman over the last three games do to some key injuries at starting positions prior to the Normangee game and in the early part of the Leon game. 

Does it look like they will be getting any of them back for next week?  I know that they have some talent and was surprised at the last few games. 

11 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Holland 28 - Centerville 20

Leon 40 - Thorndale 34

Centerville made it a game! They were down by 3 touchdowns at one time and battled to pull within 8. (Sounds familiar. 😩)

I think Leon had a big lead also but held on to win. Congrats to them. 

Now for Normangee and Grapeland. Good luck!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Was supposed to be us and Normangee in 2012 but I think thrall snuck up on em...we played thrall on a really windy night in Waxahachie and snuck by em,down 23-0 at half and beat them 42-23...that locker room at halftime was loud and pointed...lol 

Dadgum, I can imagine. Whatever they said worked BIGLY. Gonna be interesting next week.