8. Gladewater 95 2-2 12

9. Henderson 84 1-1 8

10. Tatum 74 2-0 10

11. Chapel Hill 62 3-1 5

12. Waskom 59 3-0 14

13. Kilgore 40 2-2 9

14. Rains 31 3-0 15

15. Athens 29 4-0 NR

DCTHF poll has 3 teams in the top 25 in this district. Grapeland, Normangee, and Centerville. None in the top 15 but that shows this district still has some pop to it. Of course it just a poll and there’s no way of really seeing the strength until later in the year but I felt this district was a pretty good one when it was announced. Idk what effect COVID has on some teams across the state. It’s been a weird year for sure but for this district here I think we will see a really good year next year. From what I can tell most of the teams are pretty young. 

Prep Football Previews:

Alto Yellowjackets (0-3) at San Augustine Wolves (1-1)

7:30 p.m. Friday at the Wolves Den in San Augustine

Last Week: Alto had an open date (COVID-19-opponent); Winnsboro 37, San Augustine 6

Next Week: Grapeland at Alto; San Augustine at Saratoga West Hardin

Game Analysis — The Wolves fell victim to a formidable Winnsboro outfit last week, in a game that was played at Lobo Stadium in Longview. Look for SA to come out fired up for redemption this week following the upset, which may not bode well for a winless Alto team … 'Jackets have got to find a way to get the ball into the end zone, with the district opener on tap for next week.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/prep-football-previews-jacksonville-crandall-to-meet-for-first-time/article_0320e638-fe73-11ea-a556-dbaca57837d1.html

11-2A Week 5 Results:

* San Augustine 48 - Alto 20
* Centerville 36 - Bremond 32
* Grapeland 49 - Burkeville 8
* Garrison 60 - Groveton 21
* Leon - Cayuga (cancelled)
* Normangee 40 - New Waverly 24 

11-2A Week 6 Schedule:

* Grapeland (4-1) @ Alto (0-4)
* Centerville (4-1) @ Leon (3-1)
* Groveton (2-3) @ Normangee (4-0)

11-2A Standings:

* (4-0) Normangee
* (4-1) Centerville
* (4-1) Grapeland 
* (3-1) Leon 
* (2-3) Groveton
* (0-4) Alto 

Really surprised by the garrison/Groveton score this last week. Figured that would be a closer one. Centerville got a good win over Bremond. So I actually changed my pick on them and Leon. That will probably be the game of the week in this district. Normangee should take Groveton and I feel if alto gets 4 good qtrs this week they can pull this one out against Grapeland. Should be some exciting games in district this week. 

• Like 1

Dave Campbell’s state computer rankings for this district.

Centerville - #14

Normangee -#17

Grapeland - #45

Leon - #51

Alto - #56

Groveton -#64

Not sure why Grapeland has fell so far. Kirbyville being their only loss who is #63 in 3A D1. Maybe the rest of the wins weren’t that strong. Not sure. This district will be interesting down the stretch. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Dave Campbell’s state computer rankings for this district.

Centerville - #14

Normangee -#17

Grapeland - #45

Leon - #51

Alto - #56

Groveton -#64

Not sure why Grapeland has fell so far. Kirbyville being their only loss who is #63 in 3A D1. Maybe the rest of the wins weren’t that strong. Not sure. This district will be interesting down the stretch. 

That might be my only knock on Grapeland is their SOS. Shelbyville is down. Burkeville isn't great this year. Elkhart is a nice win because they are 3A DI, but the Elks aren't what people expected either. 

I think Grapeland is very good. I think they should beat Alto, but this is going to be a four quarter slugfest. 

1 hour ago, Washington76 said:

How has Alto's JH and JV done this year?

The JV (1-2) has been competitive in each game. The win was over Carlisle with losses to SA and Timpson; the Troup game was cancelled because of weather. They are a salty group and fun to watch. The SA game was back and forth before SA put it away with 2 minutes left and the Timpson game they literally lost in the last seconds....with an opportunity to score from the 3 when time expired. They’ll give you all they got. Most of their sophomore classmates are playing on the varsity so lots of freshmen getting playing time. 

The 7th and 8th grade have played as one squad in their two games, both losses. A 7th grader is the QB and he’s going to be great, just learning right now. They improve every time they hit the field.

• Like 1