The Smoakhouse Forums

District 11-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2020-2021

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe Centerville has a move in at QB and they are actually letting him throw the ball a lil.    Grapeland played without a few starters last night.     I have watched Westwood and b

You trying to stir stuff, Greezy? 🤣🤣

He prolly saying he unashamed of the 5-5. I see ya Greezy! 😂😂😂

Posted Images

So a little crazy this week. 

Alto gets cancelled on. Not sure if it get the W via forfeit, but as of now is still 0-3 in my eyes.

CV wins over Westwood 36-10 seems like a decent win.  Westwood seems a tad better then years past. 

Grapeland gets thumped by Kirbyville 61-18. Have no idea about Kirby this year but they have been down a few years for sure. 

Normangee wins handily over Lovelady 50-12. I believe lovelady is down a little this year but good win for Normangee regardless. 

Groveton drops one to Shelbyville 54-27  Not sure how this one is  Shelbyville seems to be up and down some.  Sure doesn’t help Groveton afte the loss last week. 

Haven’t seen Leon vs. B-E score.    - Cancelled  not sure on anything other then that  

So it looks like Normangee is now the only undefeated team so far in the district. I still feel this will be a competitive and wide open district. A lot of tradition in most all of these schools and always tough teams to play year in and year out. May be interesting how this one shakes out. 

• Like 1

Normangee may have the best win over Bremond so far. Grapeland may still be the favorite, we shall see. Centerville beating Westwood may be a sign they are getting it together over there. Leon - tonight would’ve told a lot about them. Looking at a bit of their stuff they have some decent size on that squad.  Groveton seems to be falling down some. Alto, well 0-3 says it all as of now. A lot of talent just need to get it going. 

I believe Centerville has a move in at QB and they are actually letting him throw the ball a lil. 

Grapeland played without a few starters last night.  

I have watched Westwood and buffalo. So Centerville must have something. 

• Like 2

11-2A Week 4 Results:

* Alto 2 - Winona 0 (forfeit lol)
* Centerville 36 - Westwood 10
* Kirbyville 61 - Grapeland 18
* Shelbyville 54 - Groveton  27
* Leon 40 - Hamilton 22
* Normangee 50 - Lovelady 12 

11-2A Week 5 Schedule:

* Alto (0-3) @ San Augustine (1-1)
* Centerville (3-1) @ Bremond (3-1)
* Burkeville (1-3) @ Grapeland (3-1)
* Garrison (1-2) @ Groveton (2-2)
* Cayuga (1-3) @ Leon (3-1)
* Normangee (3-0) @ New Waverly (2-0)

11-2A Standings:

* (3-0) Normangee
* (3-1) Centerville
* (3-1) Grapeland 
* (3-1) Leon 
* (2-2) Groveton
* (0-3) Alto 

5 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

So a little crazy this week. 

Alto gets cancelled on. Not sure if it get the W via forfeit, but as of now is still 0-3 in my eyes.

CV wins over Westwood 36-10 seems like a decent win.  Westwood seems a tad better then years past. 

Grapeland gets thumped by Kirbyville 61-18. Have no idea about Kirby this year but they have been down a few years for sure. 

Normangee wins handily over Lovelady 50-12. I believe lovelady is down a little this year but good win for Normangee regardless. 

Groveton drops one to Shelbyville 54-27  Not sure how this one is  Shelbyville seems to be up and down some.  Sure doesn’t help Groveton afte the loss last week. 

Haven’t seen Leon vs. B-E score.    - Cancelled  not sure on anything other then that  

So it looks like Normangee is now the only undefeated team so far in the district. I still feel this will be a competitive and wide open district. A lot of tradition in most all of these schools and always tough teams to play year in and year out. May be interesting how this one shakes out. 

Some good games coming up this week with Normangee and New Waverly both being undefeated and Centerville’s only loss being to New Waverly. Then you have Centerville playing Bremond with Bremond’s only loss to Normangee. Confused yet? Lol

Garrison/Groveton is usually a good game. Both seem to be struggling some so it will be a needed win for somebody.

I see Burkeville won over Mt. Enterprise last night. That has to feel good to a team that has not won a game outright since October 10, 2015 vs. Sabine Pass (Sabine Pass DID forfeit to Burkeville in 2018). That’s almost 5 years without winning a game. Too bad they have to play Grapeland this week. 

And then there’s Alto/San Augustine. Gonna be a real challenge for Alto but not impossible. There’s no quit in those boys and they are getting better each week. We’ll see how SA handles playing the week after a loss. The last time that happened in the regular season was 2018 when Garrison beat them 48-39 in Week 2. Then SA fell the very next week to Tenaha 14-0. Who knows! These are high school kids learning each week with new personnel for both teams. It’s Week 5 but Alto has played only 3 games with SA playing only 2. Always a good game when these two meet. I wouldn’t expect it to be any different this year!

• Like 1

My picks

Alto (0-3) *@ San Augustine (1-1)
Centerville (3-1) @ Bremond* (3-1)
Burkeville (1-3) @ Grapeland *(3-1)
Garrison (1-2) @ Groveton* (2-2)
Cayuga (1-3) @ Leon *(3-1)
Normangee *(3-0) @ New Waverly (2-0)

looks like a good slate of games. Never pick against my jackets. 

• Like 1

I’m going with these as my picks:

Alto (0-3) @ San Augustine (1-1)
Centerville (3-1) @ Bremond (3-1)
Burkeville (1-3) @ Grapeland (3-1)
Garrison (1-2) @ Groveton (2-2)
Cayuga (1-3) @ Leon (3-1)
Normangee (3-0) @ New Waverly (2-0)

8 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

My picks

Alto (0-3) *@ San Augustine (1-1)
Centerville (3-1) @ Bremond* (3-1)
Burkeville (1-3) @ Grapeland *(3-1)
Garrison (1-2) @ Groveton* (2-2)
Cayuga (1-3) @ Leon *(3-1)
Normangee *(3-0) @ New Waverly (2-0)

Heard Grapeland tried picking up JH game versus Mart or Shiner. Ended up getting game with Frankston this week.  So, JH won't be playing Burkeville I guess.  No JV game again this week.

• Like 1

#bEASTTexas Fabulous 15

(9/22/2020)

Team Points Record Last Week

1. Carthage (10) 206 1-0 1

2. Gilmer (3) 197 4-0 2

3. Pleasant Grove (1) 185 3-1 3

4. Lindale 144 2-2 4

5. Daingerfield 142 3-1 6

6. Malakoff 120 2-2 7

7. Center 118 3-1 13

8. Gladewater 95 2-2 12

9. Henderson 84 1-1 8

10. Tatum 74 2-0 10

11. Chapel Hill 62 3-1 5

12. Waskom 59 3-0 14

13. Kilgore 40 2-2 9

14. Rains 31 3-0 15

15. Athens 29 4-0 NR

DCTHF poll has 3 teams in the top 25 in this district. Grapeland, Normangee, and Centerville. None in the top 15 but that shows this district still has some pop to it. Of course it just a poll and there’s no way of really seeing the strength until later in the year but I felt this district was a pretty good one when it was announced. Idk what effect COVID has on some teams across the state. It’s been a weird year for sure but for this district here I think we will see a really good year next year. From what I can tell most of the teams are pretty young. 

Prep Football Previews:

Alto Yellowjackets (0-3) at San Augustine Wolves (1-1)

7:30 p.m. Friday at the Wolves Den in San Augustine

Last Week: Alto had an open date (COVID-19-opponent); Winnsboro 37, San Augustine 6

Next Week: Grapeland at Alto; San Augustine at Saratoga West Hardin

Game Analysis — The Wolves fell victim to a formidable Winnsboro outfit last week, in a game that was played at Lobo Stadium in Longview. Look for SA to come out fired up for redemption this week following the upset, which may not bode well for a winless Alto team … 'Jackets have got to find a way to get the ball into the end zone, with the district opener on tap for next week.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/prep-football-previews-jacksonville-crandall-to-meet-for-first-time/article_0320e638-fe73-11ea-a556-dbaca57837d1.html

11-2A Week 5 Results:

* San Augustine 48 - Alto 20
* Centerville 36 - Bremond 32
* Grapeland 49 - Burkeville 8
* Garrison 60 - Groveton 21
* Leon - Cayuga (cancelled)
* Normangee 40 - New Waverly 24 

11-2A Week 6 Schedule:

* Grapeland (4-1) @ Alto (0-4)
* Centerville (4-1) @ Leon (3-1)
* Groveton (2-3) @ Normangee (4-0)

11-2A Standings:

* (4-0) Normangee
* (4-1) Centerville
* (4-1) Grapeland 
* (3-1) Leon 
* (2-3) Groveton
* (0-4) Alto 

Really surprised by the garrison/Groveton score this last week. Figured that would be a closer one. Centerville got a good win over Bremond. So I actually changed my pick on them and Leon. That will probably be the game of the week in this district. Normangee should take Groveton and I feel if alto gets 4 good qtrs this week they can pull this one out against Grapeland. Should be some exciting games in district this week. 

• Like 1