Cameron Yoe - Week 2 Game Needed

Yoe09

Cornerstone is a private school so it's tough to get a good feel on them.  They did beat a school last year which did beat Dallas Skyline.  Cornerstone also beat Midland Christian, which generally beats or plays Wall a very competitive game. 

The goal for Cameron in 2020 should be to end up like the 2011 team.  The 2011 team was extremely young and took their lumps early, but ended up winning district.  Now, this district is going to be substantially tougher than that one, but this team needs to get into the playoffs and look somewhat impressive.  In 2011, Cameron was an area finalist and lost a competitive game with Tatum and was a top 15ish team.  I want to see something similar with this group.  It will set up everything for the next 2-3 years. Cameron won state in 2012-2014.  Cameron (2020) < Cameron (2021) < Cameron (2022) IMO. 

Last season Yoe had their open date after the 2nd game.   Now I see it's at the end of the regular season before the playoffs begin.   Last season on Coach Brashear's radio show he said he prefered the open date before district started.  So what's up with this open date for the next 2 years?   I feel like a majority of coaches would prefer not having that open Friday before going into the playoffs.   Ten straight weeks of football is great for us Yoe fans but you think Brashear would be able to control where in the schedule that open date would be more beneficial for his team. 

52 minutes ago, Yoe09 said:

Cornerstone is a private school so it's tough to get a good feel on them.  They did beat a school last year which did beat Dallas Skyline.  Cornerstone also beat Midland Christian, which generally beats or plays Wall a very competitive game. 

The goal for Cameron in 2020 should be to end up like the 2011 team.  The 2011 team was extremely young and took their lumps early, but ended up winning district.  Now, this district is going to be substantially tougher than that one, but this team needs to get into the playoffs and look somewhat impressive.  In 2011, Cameron was an area finalist and lost a competitive game with Tatum and was a top 15ish team.  I want to see something similar with this group.  It will set up everything for the next 2-3 years. Cameron won state in 2012-2014.  Cameron (2020) < Cameron (2021) < Cameron (2022) IMO. 

I believe they also have Carthage on the schedule. 

5 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Last season Yoe had their open date after the 2nd game.   Now I see it's at the end of the regular season before the playoffs begin.   Last season on Coach Brashear's radio show he said he prefered the open date before district started.  So what's up with this open date for the next 2 years?   I feel like a majority of coaches would prefer not having that open Friday before going into the playoffs.   Ten straight weeks of football is great for us Yoe fans but you think Brashear would be able to control where in the schedule that open date would be more beneficial for his team. 

When you are in a 7 team district, your coach has NO say in when the bye happens(unless you have less than 10 games).
7 team district leaves one team not playing each week during district.  Luck of the draw gave Yoe the bye the last week.