Non-District Schedules

uniballer

On 2/3/2020 at 8:55 PM, BlahBlah said:

Maybe that was their bye week in district play, and have Week 1 or 2 as a bye.  Just guessing here.

I have Lovejoy vs John Paul Week 1, Sulphur Spring Week 2 and the only district game I've seen announced is Denison Week 10.  No idea why Lovejoy keeps playing Sulphur Springs.  After the playoff BS they pulled a few years back I wouldn't schedule them.

Edit:  Play Denison Week 4, not Week 10 

31 minutes ago, Leopard4Life said:

I have Lovejoy vs John Paul Week 1, Sulphur Spring Week 2 and the only district game I've seen announced is Denison Week 10.  No idea why Lovejoy keeps playing Sulphur Springs.  After the playoff BS they pulled a few years back I wouldn't schedule them.

What happened in the playoffs?

Just now, dillonpanthers said:

What happened in the playoffs?

They refused to agree to a neutral site and forced a coin toss.  Guess they figured they were the underdog and getting home field advantage might help.  It almost did too.  We had them down and were subbing and they started to make a comeback.  In the long run the strategy didn't work, but I wouldn't have ever scheduled them again.  Instead they were on the next alignments pre-district schedule and now looks like they are on it again.  If we see them in the playoffs they still owes us a home game, but unless they are drastically improved I see that time limit running out...

1 minute ago, Leopard4Life said:

They refused to agree to a neutral site and forced a coin toss.  Guess they figured they were the underdog and getting home field advantage might help.  It almost did too.  We had them down and were subbing and they started to make a comeback.  In the long run the strategy didn't work, but I wouldn't have ever scheduled them again.  Instead they were on the next alignments pre-district schedule and now looks like they are on it again.  If we see them in the playoffs they still owes us a home game, but unless they are drastically improved I see that time limit running out...

Gotcha. Yeah, I'm not sure you have to worry about seeing them in the playoffs for awhile. But you never know. 

Just now, dillonpanthers said:

Gotcha. Yeah, I'm not sure you have to worry about seeing them in the playoffs for awhile. But you never know. 

Not worried about seeing them.  I think there is a 5 year limit on having to repay a HOME/HOME and we might be going into year 3.  The UIL had just passed the rule about the district winner/runner-up getting the home field, so even if we play them it's most likely we would get the home game anyway.  They knew they would never have to fulfill their end of the HOME/HOME, that's why they forced the flip, and that's why I would have never scheduled them.  We switched coaches since then, but the AD should have said "NO".  Plus, why would we drive that far for a pre-district game when their are dozens of teams we could play that are a lot closer and aren't in our bi-district...  I haven't confirmed that is who we are playing, but if it is, it's not a logical team to schedule.

25 minutes ago, Leopard4Life said:

Not worried about seeing them.  I think there is a 5 year limit on having to repay a HOME/HOME and we might be going into year 3.  The UIL had just passed the rule about the district winner/runner-up getting the home field, so even if we play them it's most likely we would get the home game anyway.  They knew they would never have to fulfill their end of the HOME/HOME, that's why they forced the flip, and that's why I would have never scheduled them.  We switched coaches since then, but the AD should have said "NO".  Plus, why would we drive that far for a pre-district game when their are dozens of teams we could play that are a lot closer and aren't in our bi-district...  I haven't confirmed that is who we are playing, but if it is, it's not a logical team to schedule.

Interesting.  Yeah, i would think at some point y'all would say no more and find someone closer. 

On 2/3/2020 at 5:48 PM, BlahBlah said:

LONGVIEW  2020

W1 - Temple (AT&T Stadium)

W2 - at Marshall

W3 - vs Tyler Lee

W4 - West Monroe (Independence Stadium)

W5 - vs West Mesquite*

W6 - at Wylie East*

W7 - vs Highland Park*

W8 - at Sherman*

W9 - Bye

W10 - vs McKinney North*

W11 - at John Tyler*

Saw on twitterverse the other day that week one is a road game the following season for the winner. 

6 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

So the winner gets rewarded with an away game? Lol

18 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Saw on twitterverse the other day that week one is a road game the following season for the winner. 

The Longview-Temple winner gets to host in 2021