9-5A Div II Football Thread

Mavchamp

4 minutes ago, VonG said:

The size of a stadium shouldn't determine if it's the nicest or not. Nice is nice regardless if it has a small visitor side or not.

I absolutely disagree. 

If a stadium can't adequately supply seats for the fans that want to be there... that is a NEGATIVE.   I don't mind a sell out that keeps out some stragglers.... but WH could in NO WAY accommodate the fan bases for JT, Lufkin, etc..... same with Jacksonville before the renovation.  Longview when they went to Sulphur Springs.... list goes on and on.....

If I recall correctly.... I remember some JT fans having a stroke about having to play down in Whitehouse back in.... 2012? 13?

Same with Lufkin back in 2015-ish.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I absolutely disagree. 

If a stadium can't adequately supply seats for the fans that want to be there... that is a NEGATIVE.   I don't mind a sell out that keeps out some stragglers.... but WH could in NO WAY accommodate the fan bases for JT, Lufkin, etc..... same with Jacksonville before the renovation.  Longview when they went to Sulphur Springs.... list goes on and on.....

If I recall correctly.... I remember some JT fans having a stroke about having to play down in Whitehouse back in.... 2012? 13?

Same with Lufkin back in 2015-ish.

What does that have to do with being nice. So let me get this straight. You have an 1800 sq ft house that's nicely kept up and you have this 5000 sq ft house that needs some work. Just because this 5000 sq ft house is bigger it automatically makes it nicer because it's larger. No it doesn't. Size has absolutely nothing to do with something being nicer just because it's larger. 

2 hours ago, VonG said:

The top 3 football stadiums in East Texas.....

45 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Best stadiums in East Texas 5A Div II...IMHO.... PROS AND CONS

34 minutes ago, VonG said:

The size of a stadium shouldn't determine if it's the nicest or not. Nice is nice regardless if it has a small visitor side or not.

7 minutes ago, VonG said:

What does that have to do with being nice. 

I never said I was listing them according to size..... or which ones I thought were the nicest to look at.

There are things that may be best at one stadium... and worst at another.  

I said I was going to list the best stadiums.... which is multi-faceted.  Many aspects determine it.

Atmosphere.... seating....visual.....concessions....parking.... traffic, etc, etc......

I just considered overall experience.... which includes seating availability.  

8 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I never said I was listing them according to size..... or which ones I thought were the nicest to look at.

There are things that may be best at one stadium... and worst at another.  

I said I was going to list the best stadiums.... which is multi-faceted.  Many aspects determine it.

Atmosphere.... seating....visual.....concessions....parking.... traffic, etc, etc......

I just considered overall experience.... which includes seating availability.  

I understand. I was looking at everything from a eye candy perspective. 

I do know every Stadium is not going to have the same atmosphere as Rose Stadium.

2 minutes ago, VonG said:

I understand. I was looking at everything from a eye candy perspective. 

I do know every Stadium is not going to have the same atmosphere as Rose Stadium.

eye candy.....

Jacksonville wins it hands down.  And no one is even close IMHO.

• Like 1

The last time we played at Texas High there (2010??) I could not believe how nice the grass was. I thought it was tough when we drove up and then when I get out on the field, grass. Very nice. But, I understand with the way they are building the new kind of turf that it’s the best way to go as far as economics the grass. It also helps late in the season. But that was the best Grass field I’ve ever been on

Texas High always had the BEST grass in the state of Texas in September.

Unfortunately.... seems like by the time we always got there... (late October)... and in the rain.... it was mud.

But definitely the best early on.

Haven't been there since the turf...... I can't remember if the scoreboard was there yet.  We haven't been there since 2017.

But the renovations were impressive no doubt!!! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tiger4Life93 said:

Have you all not seen Tiger Field since the new turf....the concessions and massive screen is off the charts....Not to mention how close you are to the field ..no track....i do hate the concrete stands 

460.jpg

Concrete stands - the positive is that they are pretty steep and thus, easier to see over the people in front of you better than most stadiums. 

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

I’ve been to every single one of those stadiums in the last football season. 

Can you say that?  Have you been to the Tomato Bowl? 

Who’s is better?  Just wondering. 

I been to the Tomato Bowl. I've been before you. I said it's one of the nicest. From the inside of the Stadium it's the nicest. The outside of the Stadium is still the same. All of that goes into consideration. 

6 minutes ago, VonG said:

I been to the Tomato Bowl. I've been before you. I said it's one of the nicest. From the inside of the Stadium it's the nicest. The outside of the Stadium is still the same. All of that goes into consideration. 

Not sure why it matters who was there first.....  and I'm not picking Jax because it's the "nicest".  It's the total package.  Minus parking.  Every stadium has it's issues.  

Where is the best stadium in East Texas?

48 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Not sure why it matters who was there first.....  and I'm not picking Jax because it's the "nicest".  It's the total package.  Minus parking.  Every stadium has it's issues.  

Where is the best stadium in East Texas?

I told you. Pine Tree, Jacksonville, and Sulphur Springs is my top 3.

1 minute ago, VonG said:

I told you. Pine Tree, Jacksonville, and Sulphur Springs is my top 3.

You mentioned Lindale too..... still can't understand that one.

But Sulphur Springs is TERRIBLE unless you are on the home side.

JMHO.

I agree......PT is great.

6 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

You mentioned Lindale too..... still can't understand that one.

But Sulphur Springs is TERRIBLE unless you are on the home side.

JMHO.

I agree......PT is great.

I mentioned Lindale because it's nice. I also said Lindale and Rose Stadium rounds out my top 5. How many stadiums you know have a great visitor side in East Texas?

18 minutes ago, VonG said:

I mentioned Lindale because it's nice. I also said Lindale and Rose Stadium rounds out my top 5. How many stadiums you know have a great visitor side in East Texas?

I take that back. I forgot about Henderson Lions Stadium. I'll replace them with Lindale. 

6 hours ago, VonG said:

I take that back. I forgot about Henderson Lions Stadium. I'll replace them with Lindale. 

Stadium itself is great. Pressbox is top notch. Parking is good but visitors side is a tad small especially for a 5a team. I am sure teams like PT , Hallsville, Whitehouse would be fine. My opinion Pine Tree followed by Jacksonville is as good as it gets. 

5 minutes ago, tomlandry said:

Why is everyone so high on Nac and Whitehouse? Both teams graduated multiple playmakers on both sides. 

Nac. isn't losing anything more then anyone else in the district.They are replacing a QB, WR and a few OL.  I think they are top 4 in the district based on what I know is coming with Sophomores who were on varsity last year but hurt and the freshman team coming up to be sophomores. Nac played nothing but close games last year, entered the 4th Qtr with a chance to win all but 1 of their games. Several of the coaches in the district even said in Pre and post game interviews that Nac was the best 2-8 team they have played. Nac just found ways to lose games. 

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

Nac. isn't losing anything more then anyone else in the district.They are replacing a QB, WR and a few OL.  I think they are top 4 in the district based on what I know is coming with Sophomores who were on varsity last year but hurt and the freshman team coming up to be sophomores. Nac played nothing but close games last year, entered the 4th Qtr with a chance to win all but 1 of their games. Several of the coaches in the district even said in Pre and post game interviews that Nac was the best 2-8 team they have played. Nac just found ways to lose games. 

I can respect that. Always athletic for sure

2 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

We do have a QB coming back with varsity experience and playing time. That helps tremendously.