9-5A Div II Football Thread

Mavchamp

22 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Yes it was very encouraging!!! You are not going to change 100 years of losing overnight. Our penalty yardage was down and the undisciplined penalties all but went away. Our defense was actually one of the top statistical defenses in the district. Short fields and offensive turnovers killed us. We had no system in place all the way down to middle school and that is changing. We should see a jump this coming year with the returning players being in this system for entire year and a full spring. We were within one score entering the 4th qtr of every game except for the Lufkin game. The next step is for this program to learn how to win close games. We have a lot of talent all the way down to 7th grade, we just need someone to put it together and this staff is poised to do so. 

I like the current coaching staff, they have brought discipline to a program that has historically had very little. I said it all year last year, we are going to break out and it will be fun when we do. I don't know if it will be this coming year or the year after. We could start this next season off 0-3 and still be a better team. Our non-district schedule is a gauntlet of teams we have NEVER had success against. Kilgore, JT, LP

JT and Lufkin no the Kilgore game for the past few years have been back and forth.