3AD2 District 10

EastTxFinest

6 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Don’t let him bully you. Swap DF and Hooks and you had it right. 👀

Not sure what hooks brings to the table but after dropping down they should feel confident... NB98 ain't raising no hell, I never pay him any mind

46 minutes ago, Cannon85 said:

i know Dfield, PP, Dkalb, and RW pretty well. what does Pairiland and Chism have?

They shouldn't be anything for y'all to worry about.  Prairiland was 3-7 and Chisum was 2-8.  Both were in the same district that wasn't the strongest.

14 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

Its mine that melissa is just as good of competition as gunter imo. They are a 4a up and coming powerhouse. That game will be tough. The rest wont be easy tbh. Except against them yard birds. Maybe another shutout? 

Funny we hear it was DF that decided to go elsewhere.  But Melissa is not much closer.  Gunter will be shortening the distance but suburb Sunnyvale is hard to get to  in rush hour.  They were 12-1 in 4AD2 last year so they should be in the same league as Daingerfield.

I'd rather go the distance and keep Daingerfield on the schedule myself.

• 7 months later...
On 9/22/2020 at 10:36 AM, Bearliever said:

District play begins, this week's schedule 9/25/2020:

Prairiland @ Paris Chisum

Redwater @ Hooks

Daingerfield @ DeKalb

Paul Pewitt - Open

Thought maybe a little more conversation would come out of this.

Opening district, D-Field for the win, although Dekalb should put up a good fight initially.  They have to control the line of scrimmage and hang onto the ball to stay in it.

I lean towards Hooks waking up, their non-district run of MV, Winny, & Jefferson was a tough gauntlet to go thru. 

As far as P-Land/Chisum goes, Who knows what you'll get there.  Big rivalry where Chisum has won 4 of the last 5 (I believe), plus it's Chisum Homecoming.  Prairiland has done just enough to win their 3 games (even with 2 of them being blowouts) - defense stepped up when it needed to in those contests and the offense broke thru to put points on the board, but couldn't move the ball in their 1 loss.  Chisum has looked really good on offense with big play capabilities from multiple kids.  From an outsider looking in though, Frankston putting 60 points on them would worry me some but they were probably tired from all the running around they did to Frankston in scoring 75.  For this game though, it's going to be who can hang onto the ball and control the line of scrimmage.  Should be close, but I'll take Prairiland for the win.

For Pewitt, I do have a question - is it the youth of skill players that has slowed them down?  I firmly believe that they'll still be Top 2 in the district at the end of the year.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PatsFan said:

Thought maybe a little more conversation would come out of this.

Opening district, D-Field for the win, although Dekalb should put up a good fight initially.  They have to control the line of scrimmage and hang onto the ball to stay in it.

I lean towards Hooks waking up, their non-district run of MV, Winny, & Jefferson was a tough gauntlet to go thru. 

As far as P-Land/Chisum goes, Who knows what you'll get there.  Big rivalry where Chisum has won 4 of the last 5 (I believe), plus it's Chisum Homecoming.  Prairiland has done just enough to win their 3 games (even with 2 of them being blowouts) - defense stepped up when it needed to in those contests and the offense broke thru to put points on the board, but couldn't move the ball in their 1 loss.  Chisum has looked really good on offense with big play capabilities from multiple kids.  From an outsider looking in though, Frankston putting 60 points on them would worry me some but they were probably tired from all the running around they did to Frankston in scoring 75.  For this game though, it's going to be who can hang onto the ball and control the line of scrimmage.  Should be close, but I'll take Prairiland for the win.

For Pewitt, I do have a question - is it the youth of skill players that has slowed them down?  I firmly believe that they'll still be Top 2 in the district at the end of the year.  

Pewitt will be fine, they always are. Their schedule has been brutal thus far.

The jury is still out on Hooks, I didn't expect the Hornets to win against the aforementioned teams but I did expect them to compete a little better. The game this week should give a little better insight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bearliever said:

Pewitt will be fine, they always are. Their schedule has been brutal thus far.

The jury is still out on Hooks, I didn't expect the Hornets to win against the aforementioned teams but I did expect them to compete a little better. The game this week should give a little better insight.

I agree, nobody needs to sleep on PP - they'll get on track and be tough like usual.  For Hooks it's hard to gauge where you stand when MV throws the ball all over the field week 1 and then Winny runs it down your throat the next week.  If they struggle with Redwater, then that opens the door to these other teams that weren't expected to even have a shot at sniffing the playoffs (i.e. the Lamar County teams!!).  It should make it interesting if that happens.

50 minutes ago, PatsFan said:

I agree, nobody needs to sleep on PP - they'll get on track and be tough like usual.  For Hooks it's hard to gauge where you stand when MV throws the ball all over the field week 1 and then Winny runs it down your throat the next week.  If they struggle with Redwater, then that opens the door to these other teams that weren't expected to even have a shot at sniffing the playoffs (i.e. the Lamar County teams!!).  It should make it interesting if that happens.

I don't expect Hooks to struggle with Redwater.  Whitewright lost to Clarksville and beat Redwater by 21

2 hours ago, ObiOne said:

I don't expect Hooks to struggle with Redwater.  Whitewright lost to Clarksville and beat Redwater by 21

I wasn't too sure by the look of Redwater's previous scores.  I really don't expect them to struggle either - just wishful thinking.  Sure would like for that last game of the season against Hooks to be a battle for a playoff spot or a better seed. 

• 2 weeks later...

District Standings:

Chisum          2-0

Daingerfield  1-0

Pewitt            1-0

DeKalb           1-1

Hooks             1-1

Redwater        0-2

Prairiland         0-2

This weeks schedule:

Prairiland @ Daingerfield

Paul Pewitt @ Chisum