UIL Realignment 2021-23

Panther89

Celina came out a huge "winner," dropping to Div. II and getting placed in Region I. Unless Greenwood brings back a ton, or Iowa Park/Graham have something special coming up the pipeline, the Bobcats are almost a shoe-in for back-to-back semifinal appearances. I don't think anyone in Celina will be thrilled about being in Region I, but it will definitely mean playing football post-Thanksgiving for the next two years.

3 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Celina came out a huge "winner," dropping to Div. II and getting placed in Region I. Unless Greenwood brings back a ton, or Iowa Park/Graham have something special coming up the pipeline, the Bobcats are almost a shoe-in for back-to-back semifinal appearances. I don't think anyone in Celina will be thrilled about being in Region I, but it will definitely mean playing football post-Thanksgiving for the next two years.

Agree 100%. I think Bobcats beat everybody in district except maybe Aubrey by 40+ in 2020. I was told Celina's first 2 games are against Melissa and Paris so will start out a little tough then Cupcake city later.

Looking at 4A D1 I'm kinda shocked Argyle was not placed in R1 with Decatur, Lake Worth, Springtown. Instead they are in R2 with 100+ mile, 2.5 hr + trips to Paris, Kaufman looming the next 2 years....not to mention LaVega to make it out of R2.

37 minutes ago, Texski said:

Agree 100%. I think Bobcats beat everybody in district except maybe Aubrey by 40+ in 2020. I was told Celina's first 2 games are against Melissa and Paris so will start out a little tough then Cupcake city later.

Looking at 4A D1 I'm kinda shocked Argyle was not placed in R1 with Decatur, Lake Worth, Springtown. Instead they are in R2 with 100+ mile, 2.5 hr + trips to Paris, Kaufman looming the next 2 years....not to mention LaVega to make it out of R2.

I also thought Argyle would land in Region I, but I can see the sense in them staying with essentially the same District 7, just dropping Celina, Sanger and North Lamar for Kaufman, Terrell and Ranchview. Eagles still win that district handily, in my opinion.

I haven't heard anything about Celina's schedule yet, but I'll be very glad if they keep Melissa on the docket. I can't imagine they'd drop the annual matchup with Argyle, either, unless the Eagles' schedule was practically filled already and the logistics just didn't work. Either way, I hope the Bobcats pack in plenty of pre-district competition, because they won't get much until late in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

West Hardin got put in a raunchy district 

and lost a LOT of seniors this year.....lol.......next year is not looking fun at all.....with the exception that I might finally get to meet a few more of our SDC loyal posters........

2 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Winner-

Celina

Every contender in Region 2 that avoided Carthage. 

Loser-

North Lamar- finally got away from Paris,  Celina, Argyle and are welcomed by Gilmer, PG, etc. 

Having to beat Argyle, Melissa, Celina, and Paris to even be a 4th seed versus simply having to get through Pittsburg, LE, and/or Spring Hill? I’d say North Lamar is in a much better position to make playoffs, unless we have another situation like 2018 where PG, Pitt, LE, and Gilmer were all top 10 ranked teams most the season.

1 hour ago, mTex said:

Having to beat Argyle, Melissa, Celina, and Paris to even be a 4th seed versus simply having to get through Pittsburg, LE, and/or Spring Hill? I’d say North Lamar is in a much better position to make playoffs, unless we have another situation like 2018 where PG, Pitt, LE, and Gilmer were all top 10 ranked teams most the season.

Yeah but they had to be hoping to go west instead.  

20 hours ago, mTex said:

North Lamar will still have to battle for a playoff spot in this new district.  Spring Hill , Pitt & LE ain’t gonna roll over and hand then the spot.  I think they get 4th best case but realistically probably end up #5 or #6.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

North Lamar will still have to battle for a playoff spot in this new district.  Spring Hill , Pitt & LE ain’t gonna roll over and hand then the spot.  I think they get 4th best case but realistically probably end up #5 or #6.

Agreed, if LE and Pitt are both better than last year (which is the safe assumption) I think North Lamar will still be dead last. They got a better deal but not by much, since it really all depends on who improves in that district and who doesn’t.

2 hours ago, mTex said:

Agreed, if LE and Pitt are both better than last year (which is the safe assumption) I think North Lamar will still be dead last. They got a better deal but not by much, since it really all depends on who improves in that district and who doesn’t.

Maybe they lose by 10-14 points instead of 35-42 points.  Either way a loss is a loss.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 4:28 PM, mTex said:

NL new district is ranked 1 if 16  in 4AD2. The district they most likely would have been in in 4AD1 is ranked 8 out of 16. So I'll stand by what I said the other day. 

57 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Carthage will drop at least one pre-district game, possibly two.

To which team? I don't see Croby, Cornerstone, Gilmer or Marshall beating Carthage. I give PG the best chance. Yes I know we lost 10 starts on defense. But the offense will hold it down especially with the abundance of offensive Talent we have coming up.

• Mr. P locked this topic