My 3A DI Preseason Top 20

Yoe09

53 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

This is the season I have been saying for 2 years that we would peak. This junior and senior class combined has a lot of talent. Last year was a bonus year. It has nothing to do with goggles. If I thought we were losing too much talent to do well I would say it. Season before last I thought we would fall off and I said so. This isn’t the season we fall off. We are not cupcakes. You guys can keep that role 😂 

I think y’all move Allen back to QB. 

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

What cost us the game against gv in 18 was throwing the ball.... Pick 6 did us in

False starts, holding calls, lack of a passing game, plus the wide splits the Grandview big offensive line had y’all’s D spread out  creating mismatches. IMO 

1 hour ago, player73 said:

False starts, holding calls, lack of a passing game, plus the wide splits the Grandview big offensive line had y’all’s D spread out  creating mismatches. IMO 

Grandview won by 3.... You make it sound like we got dominated which would be false.... Grandview didnt run or pass all over us.... Dont forget the 3 false starts before we even got down or set called on us and even had Grandview coaches and fans say they didnt why those were even called... It happen when we would be moving down the field.... It was a great game imo

3 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

What cost us the game against gv in 18 was throwing the ball.... Pick 6 did us in

Yes an the couple years before that losing to Teague in round 3 and 2 bc y’all couldn’t throw the ball. At least in D2 it won’t matter Paul pewitt made it to state just running the ball and y’all were better than them. 

4 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Yes an the couple years before that losing to Teague in round 3 and 2 bc y’all couldn’t throw the ball. At least in D2 it won’t matter Paul pewitt made it to state just running the ball and y’all were better than them. 

Coach fannin had us running some spread last year tryin to get some transition to passing.... He will have us more balanced.... Btw i think Grandview has a 3 peat

6 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Coach fannin had us running some spread last year tryin to get some transition to passing.... He will have us more balanced.... Btw i think Grandview has a 3 peat

They very well may do it but anyone who makes it out of Region 2 will earn it. Going to be some tough teams in Region 2. 

2 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

They very well may do it but anyone who makes it out of Region 2 will earn it. Going to be some tough teams in Region 2. 

No doubt that region 2 will be tough and have been for the last 2 years as well especially after adding grandview but i dont think anyone from region 3 will lay down either

Guest Tiger03lb
Just now, lionpride08 said:

No doubt im not sure if he has any offers to play at the next level

If he does get any, it'll be for defense. Not offense. I believe he was named one of the top secondary in small school football. 

On 2/7/2020 at 9:11 AM, KellyLeak said:

Considering Pottsboro played G’View closer than anyone in region 3, and Pottsboro playing 2 other region 2 teams down to last play of game... I’d like to think there’s a little more to region 2 than you think. 

Umm... you're forgetting they lost to Whitney who is also in Region 2 now.

Guest Tiger03lb
6 minutes ago, JustAnotherDude said:

Umm... you're forgetting they lost to Whitney who is also in Region 2 now.

Unfortunately, you beat them when it didn't count. GV still won state. But hey what do I know. Congrats on the victory, Btw

On 2/4/2020 at 6:25 PM, Yoe09 said:

1. Grandview – 7 all-district players return from a 15-1 state championship team.
2. Brock – 13 all-district players return from a state semifinalist team.
3. Gladewater – 10 all-district players return from a 10-4 state quarterfinalist team.
4. Troy – 15 all-district players return from a 12-2 state quarterfinalist team.
5. Wall – 12 all-district players return from a 12-1 regional semifinalist team.
6. Pottsboro – 6 all-district players return from a 15-1 state finalist team.
7. Hallettsville – 15 all-district players return from a 11-3 state quarterfinalist team.
8. Rockdale – 14 all-district players return from a 8-3 bi-district finalist team.
9. East Chambers – 10 all-district players return from a 10-2 area finalist team.
10. Malakoff – 5 all-district players return from a 11-2 regional semifinalist team.
11. Pilot Point – 9 all-district players return from a state quarterfinalist team.
12. Columbus – 9 all-district players return from a 12-3 state semifinalist team.
13. Dallas Madison – 12 all-district players return from a 9-3 area finalist team.
14. Jourdanton – 17 all-district players return from an area finalist team.
15. Cameron Yoe – 5 all-district players return from a 11-2 regional semifinalist team.
16. Industrial – 11 all-district players return from a 11-2 regional semifinalist team.
17. Bushland – 7 all-district players return from a 12-1 regional semifinalist team.
18. Winnsboro - 3 all-district players return from a 9-5 regional semifinalist team. 
19. Fairfield -  4 all-district players return from a 7-5 area finalist team.
20. Comfort – 13 all-district players return from a 10-3 regional semifinalist team.
21. Sabine – 7 all-district players return from a 10-2 area finalist team.
22. Crockett - 7 all-district players return from a 9-3 area finalist team. 
23. Denver City – 12 all-district players return from a 10-2 area finalist team.
24. Shallowater - 6 all-district players return from a 7-5 area finalist team. 
T25. Lorena - 4 all-district players return from a 5-5 team. 
T25. Jefferson - 5 all-district players return from a 9-3 area finalist team. 
T25. Mt. Vernon - 8 all-district players return from a 8-3 bi-district finalist team. 

Overall, solid 25. The big questions are:

1. How will the former 4A teams perform now that they're in a smaller division? i.e. Lorena, Fairfield and Caldwell etc...

2. Most important - Is there anyone out there who can knock off the Champs and their MVP QB/DB?

42 minutes ago, CMat79 said:

Overall, solid 25. The big questions are:

1. How will the former 4A teams perform now that they're in a smaller division? i.e. Lorena, Fairfield and Caldwell etc...

2. Most important - Is there anyone out there who can knock off the Champs and their MVP QB/DB?

2.  Very possible...GV loses a great senior class...they will have to replace a lot on defense and fill in some skill positions on offense.  Don't be surprised if they struggle out of the gate...but I think they'll figure it out by the playoffs and then who knows.

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, Zebrafan93 said:

That lose was what we needed...honestly don't know if we win it all if we didn't lose that game.

Yes for GV it was needed but for Whitney doesn't really matter cause they didn't make it to see you guys again

Just curious how many “ All District “ players District 10 had. Troy shows 15 returning and I think of at least 5 more that were Srs. Rockdale returns 14, how many all district Srs did they lose. That’s not counting Yoe ????  My gosh, picking these all districts teams has gotten crazy. 

1 hour ago, KellyLeak said:

Let’s be honest, G’View was super unhealthy for that game and they couldn’t tackle the Wilson kid on special teams. Whitney is not a threat.

I heard today that Malakoff and Whitney are playing each other this year. Is this true ? 

36 minutes ago, player73 said:

Just curious how many “ All District “ players District 10 had. Troy shows 15 returning and I think of at least 5 more that were Srs. Rockdale returns 14, how many all district Srs did they lose. That’s not counting Yoe ????  My gosh, picking these all districts teams has gotten crazy. 

Rockdale does return more.  QB, RB and top WR all come back, including 7 of their top 10 tacklers.  It's a coin flip at this point. 

I will also be keeping a close eye on teams like Fairfield and Lorena.  Not so much Caldwell as they have been down since about 2009.  Fairfield is losing their QB, top 3 rushers, top 3 receivers and a host of top defensive players based on stats and games played.  Before Cameron dropped to 3A, they had not had success in the first year (current 4A DII) under Rhoades, but that team turned a corner the second half of district by beating Navasota and taking district champ Caldwell down to the wire.  That group was also fairly young. 

Now, maybe Fairfield has stud athletes coming through the system right now.  That is the one thing I don't have to factor into my decision making, and I may look into acquiring JV/fresh records moving forward if it's possible.  They certainly have a chance to make some noise. 

Guest Tiger03lb
29 minutes ago, Yoe09 said:

Rockdale does return more.  QB, RB and top WR all come back, including 7 of their top 10 tacklers.  It's a coin flip at this point. 

I will also be keeping a close eye on teams like Fairfield and Lorena.  Not so much Caldwell as they have been down since about 2009.  Fairfield is losing their QB, top 3 rushers, top 3 receivers and a host of top defensive players based on stats and games played.  Before Cameron dropped to 3A, they had not had success in the first year (current 4A DII) under Rhoades, but that team turned a corner the second half of district by beating Navasota and taking district champ Caldwell down to the wire.  That group was also fairly young. 

Now, maybe Fairfield has stud athletes coming through the system right now.  That is the one thing I don't have to factor into my decision making, and I may look into acquiring JV/fresh records moving forward if it's possible.  They certainly have a chance to make some noise. 

From my understanding, they still do have a few athletes there, this is coming from a coach who has coached against them last year.