Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yoe09

My 3A DI Preseason Top 20

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

This is the season I have been saying for 2 years that we would peak. This junior and senior class combined has a lot of talent. Last year was a bonus year. It has nothing to do with goggles. If I thought we were losing too much talent to do well I would say it. Season before last I thought we would fall off and I said so. This isn’t the season we fall off. We are not cupcakes. You guys can keep that role 😂 

I think y’all move Allen back to QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

What cost us the game against gv in 18 was throwing the ball.... Pick 6 did us in

False starts, holding calls, lack of a passing game, plus the wide splits the Grandview big offensive line had y’all’s D spread out  creating mismatches. IMO 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I think y’all move Allen back to QB. 

Nope. The way we finished the season they won’t touch it. The offense got better and better each week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Nope. The way we finished the season they won’t touch it. The offense got better and better each week. 

I know. We don’t want it to be better though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, player73 said:

False starts, holding calls, lack of a passing game, plus the wide splits the Grandview big offensive line had y’all’s D spread out  creating mismatches. IMO 

Grandview won by 3.... You make it sound like we got dominated which would be false.... Grandview didnt run or pass all over us.... Dont forget the 3 false starts before we even got down or set called on us and even had Grandview coaches and fans say they didnt why those were even called... It happen when we would be moving down the field.... It was a great game imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

What cost us the game against gv in 18 was throwing the ball.... Pick 6 did us in

Yes an the couple years before that losing to Teague in round 3 and 2 bc y’all couldn’t throw the ball. At least in D2 it won’t matter Paul pewitt made it to state just running the ball and y’all were better than them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Yes an the couple years before that losing to Teague in round 3 and 2 bc y’all couldn’t throw the ball. At least in D2 it won’t matter Paul pewitt made it to state just running the ball and y’all were better than them. 

Coach fannin had us running some spread last year tryin to get some transition to passing.... He will have us more balanced.... Btw i think Grandview has a 3 peat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Coach fannin had us running some spread last year tryin to get some transition to passing.... He will have us more balanced.... Btw i think Grandview has a 3 peat

They very well may do it but anyone who makes it out of Region 2 will earn it. Going to be some tough teams in Region 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Coach fannin had us running some spread last year tryin to get some transition to passing.... He will have us more balanced.... Btw i think Grandview has a 3 peat

Agreed that QB is something special. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

They very well may do it but anyone who makes it out of Region 2 will earn it. Going to be some tough teams in Region 2. 

 No doubt that region 2 will be tough and have been for the last 2 years as well especially after adding grandview but i dont think anyone from region 3 will lay down either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Agreed that QB is something special. 

No doubt im not sure if he has any offers to play at the next level

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lionpride08 said:

No doubt im not sure if he has any offers to play at the next level

If he does get any, it'll be for defense. Not offense. I believe he was named one of the top secondary in small school football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 9:11 AM, KellyLeak said:

Considering Pottsboro played G’View closer than anyone in region 3, and Pottsboro playing 2 other region 2 teams down to last play of game... I’d like to think there’s a little more to region 2 than you think. 

Umm... you're forgetting they lost to Whitney who is also in Region 2 now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JustAnotherDude said:

Umm... you're forgetting they lost to Whitney who is also in Region 2 now.

Unfortunately, you beat them when it didn't count. GV still won state. But hey what do I know. Congrats on the victory, Btw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JustAnotherDude said:

Umm... you're forgetting they lost to Whitney who is also in Region 2 now.

Let’s be honest, G’View was super unhealthy for that game and they couldn’t tackle the Wilson kid on special teams. Whitney is not a threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 6:25 PM, Yoe09 said:

1. Grandview – 7 all-district players return from a 15-1 state championship team.
2. Brock – 13 all-district players return from a state semifinalist team.
3. Gladewater – 10 all-district players return from a 10-4 state quarterfinalist team.
4. Troy – 15 all-district players return from a 12-2 state quarterfinalist team.
5. Wall – 12 all-district players return from a 12-1 regional semifinalist team.
6. Pottsboro – 6 all-district players return from a 15-1 state finalist team.
7. Hallettsville – 15 all-district players return from a 11-3 state quarterfinalist team.
8. Rockdale – 14 all-district players return from a 8-3 bi-district finalist team.
9. East Chambers – 10 all-district players return from a 10-2 area finalist team.
10. Malakoff – 5 all-district players return from a 11-2 regional semifinalist team.
11. Pilot Point – 9 all-district players return from a state quarterfinalist team.
12. Columbus – 9 all-district players return from a 12-3 state semifinalist team.
13. Dallas Madison – 12 all-district players return from a 9-3 area finalist team.
14. Jourdanton – 17 all-district players return from an area finalist team.
15. Cameron Yoe – 5 all-district players return from a 11-2 regional semifinalist team.
16. Industrial – 11 all-district players return from a 11-2 regional semifinalist team.
17. Bushland – 7 all-district players return from a 12-1 regional semifinalist team.
18. Winnsboro - 3 all-district players return from a 9-5 regional semifinalist team. 
19. Fairfield -  4 all-district players return from a 7-5 area finalist team.
20. Comfort – 13 all-district players return from a 10-3 regional semifinalist team.
21. Sabine – 7 all-district players return from a 10-2 area finalist team.
22. Crockett - 7 all-district players return from a 9-3 area finalist team. 
23. Denver City – 12 all-district players return from a 10-2 area finalist team.
24. Shallowater - 6 all-district players return from a 7-5 area finalist team. 
T25. Lorena - 4 all-district players return from a 5-5 team. 
T25. Jefferson - 5 all-district players return from a 9-3 area finalist team. 
T25. Mt. Vernon - 8 all-district players return from a 8-3 bi-district finalist team. 

Overall, solid 25. The big questions are:

1. How will the former 4A teams perform now that they're in a smaller division? i.e. Lorena, Fairfield and Caldwell etc...

2. Most important - Is there anyone out there who can knock off the Champs and their MVP QB/DB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Unfortunately, you beat them when it didn't count. GV still won state. But hey what do I know. Congrats on the victory, Btw

That lose was what we needed...honestly don't know if we win it all if we didn't lose that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, CMat79 said:

Overall, solid 25. The big questions are:

1. How will the former 4A teams perform now that they're in a smaller division? i.e. Lorena, Fairfield and Caldwell etc...

2. Most important - Is there anyone out there who can knock off the Champs and their MVP QB/DB?

2.  Very possible...GV loses a great senior class...they will have to replace a lot on defense and fill in some skill positions on offense.  Don't be surprised if they struggle out of the gate...but I think they'll figure it out by the playoffs and then who knows.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zebrafan93 said:

That lose was what we needed...honestly don't know if we win it all if we didn't lose that game.

Yes for GV it was needed but for Whitney doesn't really matter cause they didn't make it to see you guys again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious how many “ All District “ players District 10 had. Troy shows 15 returning and I think of at least 5 more that were Srs. Rockdale returns 14, how many all district Srs did they lose. That’s not counting Yoe ????  My gosh, picking these all districts teams has gotten crazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KellyLeak said:

Let’s be honest, G’View was super unhealthy for that game and they couldn’t tackle the Wilson kid on special teams. Whitney is not a threat.

I heard today that Malakoff and Whitney are playing each other this year. Is this true ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, player73 said:

Just curious how many “ All District “ players District 10 had. Troy shows 15 returning and I think of at least 5 more that were Srs. Rockdale returns 14, how many all district Srs did they lose. That’s not counting Yoe ????  My gosh, picking these all districts teams has gotten crazy. 

Rockdale does return more.  QB, RB and top WR all come back, including 7 of their top 10 tacklers.  It's a coin flip at this point. 

I will also be keeping a close eye on teams like Fairfield and Lorena.  Not so much Caldwell as they have been down since about 2009.  Fairfield is losing their QB, top 3 rushers, top 3 receivers and a host of top defensive players based on stats and games played.  Before Cameron dropped to 3A, they had not had success in the first year (current 4A DII) under Rhoades, but that team turned a corner the second half of district by beating Navasota and taking district champ Caldwell down to the wire.  That group was also fairly young. 

Now, maybe Fairfield has stud athletes coming through the system right now.  That is the one thing I don't have to factor into my decision making, and I may look into acquiring JV/fresh records moving forward if it's possible.  They certainly have a chance to make some noise. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, player73 said:

I heard today that Malakoff and Whitney are playing each other this year. Is this true ? 

No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, player73 said:

I heard today that Malakoff and Whitney are playing each other this year. Is this true ? 

 

Screenshot_20200210-135056_Facebook.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Yoe09 said:

Rockdale does return more.  QB, RB and top WR all come back, including 7 of their top 10 tacklers.  It's a coin flip at this point. 

I will also be keeping a close eye on teams like Fairfield and Lorena.  Not so much Caldwell as they have been down since about 2009.  Fairfield is losing their QB, top 3 rushers, top 3 receivers and a host of top defensive players based on stats and games played.  Before Cameron dropped to 3A, they had not had success in the first year (current 4A DII) under Rhoades, but that team turned a corner the second half of district by beating Navasota and taking district champ Caldwell down to the wire.  That group was also fairly young. 

Now, maybe Fairfield has stud athletes coming through the system right now.  That is the one thing I don't have to factor into my decision making, and I may look into acquiring JV/fresh records moving forward if it's possible.  They certainly have a chance to make some noise. 

 

 

 

From my understanding, they still do have a few athletes there, this is coming from a coach who has coached against them last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...