The Republican Party Is Now A Cult

BarryLaverty

And courage is not a strong suit, in the cult of personality that it now exists as...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/gop-presidential-hopeful-slams-republican-senators-absolute-chickenst-050201920.html

GOP presidential hopeful slams Republican senators: 'Absolute chickens**t'

Yahoo Entertainment

'Bachelor' Peter Weber sends drama queens home: 'Enough is enough'

Former GOP congressman and current presidential candidate Joe Walsh joined Hardball With Chris Matthews Wednesday night where he railed against Senate Republicans following the acquittal of President Trump in the impeachment trial earlier in the day. Trump was acquitted on Article I: Abuse of Power by a vote of 52-48, with Mitt Romney (R-Ut.) being the only Republican to vote to convict. The vote on Article II: Obstruction of Congress was a strict party-line vote.

“Most of the American people understand that we didn’t have a trial, we didn’t have a fair trial,” Walsh said, adding, “But most every single Senate Republican today outside of Mitt Romney was an absolute chicken s**t.”

Since the trial, several Republicans have said Trump’s behavior that led to the impeachment was shameful and inappropriate, but were unwilling to vote to convict, and Walsh believes he knows why.

“They’re scared to death, Chris, of his voters. They don’t want to lose his voters,” Walsh said. “They know what Trump did was wrong, and for them to come out today and say it was inappropriate, Chris, they didn’t have the courage to say that a month or two ago.”

Walsh, who was a vocal supporter of Trump in 2016, also said he’s been speaking with Republican voters in Iowa and New Hampshire, two states that did not cancel the Republican Primary, and now has a grim view of his party as a whole.

“My party is a cult, I mean that. It’s not a political party,” Walsh said. “Six or seven years ago, you and I are talking about issues, and we’re debating and fighting issues. Now it’s all about where you are on Trump, and if you don’t kiss this guy’s feet every single day, you’re in real trouble politically.”

But Walsh heaped praise on Romney for being the only Republican senator to split with his party and vote to convict Trump. In an emotional speech, Romney invoked his religion and his conscience to explain his vote to convict. With his vote, Romney became the first senator ever to vote to convict a president of his own party.

“Mitt Romney … how often in American history do we see a politician actually do the principled thing and put country first?,” Walsh asked. “It’s an amazing thing.”

If you want a growing economy, low unemployment, low inflation, soaring stock market, law and order at the border, religious freedom, common sense government, strong military and hate that the dimwits are generating then I will join this cult because it is MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. 

For the stay-in-office-at-all-cost representatives and senators, fear is the motivator. They are afraid that Mr. Trump might give them a nickname like “Low Energy Jeb” and “Lyin’ Ted,” or that he might tweet about their disloyalty. Or — worst of all — that he might come to their state to campaign against them in the Republican primary. They worry:

“Will the hosts on Fox attack me?”

“Will the mouthpieces on talk radio go after me?”

“Will the Twitter trolls turn their followers against me?”

My colleagues know they all just might. There’s an old Russian proverb: The tallest blade of grass is the first cut by the scythe. In private, many of my colleagues agree that the president is reckless and unfit. They admit his lies. And they acknowledge what he did was wrong. They know this president has done things Richard Nixon never did. And they know that more damning evidence is likely to come out.

• Stinks 1

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  We don't go around with stupid hats on our head, dressed up as vaginas, or masking ourselves at protests.  We don't demand special safe spaces because we can't handle the reality of life.  Demanding the Constitution to be changed to remove people's rights and freedoms.  Wanting everything free or reparations for past atrocities.  If being a Patriot to the United States of America is being in a cult, then I'm a proud member.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1