Dave Campbell's toughest districts for 2020 realignment

dillonpanthers

I wont post them all you'll have to subscribe to see that.  but some interesting East Texas notes. 

5AD1- district 7 (Longview, JT, HP, etc) Ranked 2nd hardest out of 16 districts. 

5AD2 - district 9 (THigh, Marshall, etc) ranked 6th out of 16 districts. 

4AD1-  district 9 (Kilgore, Chapel Hill, etc) ranked 7 out of 16 districts. 

4AD2 - district 8 (Gilmer, PG, etc) ranked 1 out of 16

district 10 (Carthage, Jasper, etc.) Ranked 2 out of 16

District 7 (Van, Bullard, etc) ranked 8 out of 16

3AD1-  district 6 (Atlanta, Jefferson, etc) ranked 3 out of 16

3AD2 District 10 (Daingerfield, Pewitt, etc) ranked 5 out of 16

District 11 (Elysian Fields, Waskom, etc) ranked 6 out of 16

Thoughts? 

• Like 1

I thought in Division 1 that district 7-4A (Argyle, Paris, Melissa, Kaufman, Terrell, Ranchview, and Anna) and district 9-4A (Kilgore, Henderson, Lindale, Chapel Hill, Athens, Palestine, and Mabank) would rank higher. 

Thought they would both be ranked in the top 5 districts honestly

They have East Bernard's district 14-3A DII as the 2nd toughest district in the state.  EB is the only team in that district that had a winning record last year.  Maybe I'm missing something but that district kind of stood out to me as not that strong overall.

23 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

They have East Bernard's district 14-3A DII as the 2nd toughest district in the state.  EB is the only team in that district that had a winning record last year.  Maybe I'm missing something but that district kind of stood out to me as not that strong overall.

Yeah give me Franklin Lexington Rogers Clifton over East Bernard district

1 hour ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I thought in Division 1 that district 7-4A (Argyle, Paris, Melissa, Kaufman, Terrell, Ranchview, and Anna) and district 9-4A (Kilgore, Henderson, Lindale, Chapel Hill, Athens, Palestine, and Mabank) would rank higher. 

Thought they would both be ranked in the top 5 districts honestly

I thought the Argyle, Melissa district ranked 8 of 16. That surprised me too. 

6 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Yeah give me Franklin Lexington Rogers Clifton over East Bernard district

That is the district that was ranked #1.  I can see that.  I just don't see the other being #2.  I haven't really studied it so I'm sure there is something I'm missing.

4 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

That is the district that was ranked #1.  I can see that.  I just don't see the other being #2.  I haven't really studied it so I'm sure there is something I'm missing.

To be honest im not sure why they would be #2 either East Bernard is losing alot of seniors from what I hear and tidehaven is the next best team in the district and im not sure what they have coming back

27 minutes ago, randomuser said:

Without a doubt the hardest district in the state is District 11 6A:

Cedar Hill

Desoto

Duncanville

Mansfield

Mansfield Lake Ridge

Waco

Waco Midway

Waxahachie

It #### to be Waco and Waxahachie. The other 5 are STOUT!!!

They were ranked #2. The North Shore district was #1

55 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

I thought the Argyle, Melissa district ranked 8 of 16. That surprised me too. 

I think it did rank 8, but it is district 7-4A

My bad, poor choice of words.

I just thought that both of those districts look tough on paper. Maybe DCTF knows something about those teams we do not lol

6 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I think it did rank 8, but it is district 7-4A

My bad, poor choice of words.

I just thought that both of those districts look tough on paper. Maybe DCTF knows something about those teams we do not lol

True. Lol. I have no idea what some of those teams have coming back 

6 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

True. Lol. I have no idea what some of those teams have coming back 

Not sure about Argyle, but Melissa loses alot of production. A QB already on campus at Colorado and an RB headed to SFA. I think they return most of their OL/DL, but I could be mistaken.

Guest Tiger03lb
39 minutes ago, frozeng03 said:

Just curious, what 2 districts are ahead of 6 -3A D1?

District 11

District 12

District 6

District 15

District 5

District 7

In order from 1st to 6th

Pretty funny order they got going there. Dist 11 has 2 teams that made it past 1st round. Dist 12 is mostly from region 4 and also had 2 teams that played each other for regional final of region 4. Dist 6 is tougher than 11 and 12, but 5, 7, and 8 are tougher than all 3. After all, 1 team out of dist 6 made it past the 2nd round and over half the district didn’t make the playoffs. 

17 minutes ago, KellyLeak said:

Pretty funny order they got going there. Dist 11 has 2 teams that made it past 1st round. Dist 12 is mostly from region 4 and also had 2 teams that played each other for regional final of region 4. Dist 6 is tougher than 11 and 12, but 5, 7, and 8 are tougher than all 3. After all, 1 team out of dist 6 made it past the 2nd round and over half the district didn’t make the playoffs. 

I dont know about that dist 11 has Troy region final and they bring back the house cameron went 3 rounds rockdale will be much better 2 4a drop downs which over the past 2 years and this next year region 2 has had 4 or 5 4a drop downs.... Dist 11 will not be a push over

2 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I dont know about that dist 11 has Troy region final and they bring back the house cameron went 3 rounds rockdale will be much better 2 4a drop downs which over the past 2 years and this next year region 2 has had 4 or 5 4a drop downs.... Dist 11 will not be a push over

They won’t be a pushover in region 3, but will get destroyed in the state title game. Region 2 or Brock will win the title this year. Done deal.

1 minute ago, KellyLeak said:

They won’t be a pushover in region 3, but will get destroyed in the state title game. Region 2 or Brock will win the title this year. Done deal.

Idk about that been hearing the past two years how region 2 was better then region 3 but that hasn't been the case... Its still Grandview then the field

18 hours ago, randomuser said:

Without a doubt the hardest district in the state is District 11 6A:

Cedar Hill

Desoto

Duncanville

Mansfield

Mansfield Lake Ridge

Waco

Waco Midway

Waxahachie

It #### to be Waco and Waxahachie. The other 5 are STOUT!!!

Agreed. That is unbelievably tough!!!!! 

Guest Tiger03lb
57 minutes ago, KellyLeak said:

54 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Idk about that been hearing the past two years how region 2 was better then region 3 but that hasn't been the case... Its still Grandview then the field

Both have been a powerhouse the past couple of years, with 3 taking the title those years. But with the addition of GV, Fairfield, and Teague, along with the existing teams makes for a damn hard region. There is no clear favorite in region 2, imo. It's up for grabs. 

Now before I get slammed with Teague. They'll be on their way back up, they went through a couple of down years, which most teams do or can have. 

36 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Both have been a powerhouse the past couple of years, with 3 taking the title those years. But with the addition of GV, Fairfield, and Teague, along with the existing teams makes for a damn hard region. There is no clear favorite in region 2, imo. It's up for grabs. 

Now before I get slammed with Teague. They'll be on their way back up, they went through a couple of down years, which most teams do or can have. 

Yeah I agree Teague should be better its been 2 years since they went to the region final and should now have an experience team

Shocked ours is as high as it is tbh.

Feels a lot like 11-6A the last two years, with two (maybe three depending on things) really good teams with the rest of the pack muddled, and one or two realllllly bad teams.

4 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Shocked ours is as high as it is tbh.

Feels a lot like 11-6A the last two years, with two (maybe three depending on things) really good teams with the rest of the pack muddled, and one or two realllllly bad teams.

Not shocked, 2 Recent State Champs, the second highest scoring team in 5A last Season, and a team that is a perennial state contending team almost every year, Sherman and west won’t be too shabby either. It’s possible.