NFL Legend Franco Harris: Traitors Like Kaepernick Would Have Been Beaten by Teammates In My Era

On 2/7/2020 at 6:33 AM, WestHardinfan1 said:

I think Franco cuts to the heart of the issue...  Kaepernick's gesture was all about Kaepernick's brand. It added nothing to civic dialogue and has done nothing to ameliorate the issues. 

It was purely a marketing ploy, and it has paid off well for him and him alone. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AKA said:

I think Franco cuts to the heart of the issue...  Kaepernick's gesture was all about Kaepernick's brand. It added nothing to civic dialogue and has done nothing to ameliorate the issues. 

It was purely a marketing ploy, and it has paid off well for him and him alone. 

He got his 15 minutes of fame.  But as for the whole thing paying off for him...Well, he's still in the soup line isn't he?  Unless someone brings it up in  a "remember when" conversation, he and his action are an afterthought.   This was no Rosa Parks equal rights stand-off.  It was a look-at-me moment in time that will sit in the annals of sports trivia somewhere between "Who was the Ravens QB when they won the Super Bowl in 2001" and   "Who played center for the Bengals this year".   

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MUSTANGMANIA said:

He got his 15 minutes of fame.  But as for the whole thing paying off for him...Well, he's still in the soup line isn't he?  Unless someone brings it up in  a "remember when" conversation, he and his action are an afterthought.   This was no Rosa Parks equal rights stand-off.  It was a look-at-me moment in time that will sit in the annals of sports trivia somewhere between "Who was the Ravens QB when they won the Super Bowl in 2001" and   "Who played center for the Bengals this year".   

True...  but thanks to corporate virtue-signaling, he's also got a fat paycheck from Nike, a bevy of "prestigious" honors, and an unnamed financial settlement from the NFL itself. 

Granted, he'll never play in the NFL again, but there's no denying he's got an enviable severance package. 

• Like 1