Coronavirus American Connection

BarryLaverty

An ex-student of mine is quarantined on a cruise ship for the next two weeks, with 61 confirmed cases on the ship, although he and his wife are cleared. They are making the best of the situation, although they are on water restriction, will have no laundry done, and they are largely in a police state. He asked an interesting question, and I will say from my knowledge of him, he is not a political person.

Never thought I’d be in this situation - day 2 of 14 quarantine days on the diamond princess ship. Infrequent fluff updates that give no information as to our progress of getting off the ship, quarantined to our rooms and being told to boil water, out of stock of sundries, and just generally no information. Dozens of people are on each floor guarding the halls to make sure no one leaves. What I would love to know is why we keep learning all of the new news off of news articles instead of Princess Cruises? When called, they state that they’re “investigating the situation” with no new news, even though the Japanese health ministry has released statements with photos from the dozen helicopters, news crews, and people in hazmat suits.

To top it all off, we noticed that our British and Australian friends are having government involvement with Japanese authorities, but where is the American government?

It sounds like a very stressful situation, but nothing they can do. After two weeks they will be let go. It seems to be a no win situation unless you don't catch the virus.

I wonder just what kind of involvement is happening between British and Australia governments with the Japanese.

I think he was saying that they were a presence of some kind, to at least advocate for them, according to what they were being told by those who are British or Australian. I would think we could send someone there to at least touch base from an embassy. It was a little unclear, admittedly. 

My girlfriend from China is here now (and has been for a while) and she cannot get home. They've extended the time off for workers and students in the  university

where she works. It will probably be at least end of March before she can go home. We've got a suitcase full of mask and gloves to take whenever she can.

30 minutes ago, mellon said:

My girlfriend from China is here now (and has been for a while) and she cannot get home. They've extended the time off for workers and students in the  university

where she works. It will probably be at least end of March before she can go home. We've got a suitcase full of mask and gloves to take whenever she can.

Once she does make it back to China, dont let her return over here..... JK

• Stinks 1