The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aledo

Offseason Questions

1. If you could relive one season, which year and which team?

2. Which stadium have you not been to that is on your bucket list?

3. What is your favorite place to go eat on away games and where is it?

4. Are you a fan of inflatable tunnels? 

5. Which team has the best mascot? 

6. What team do you like to follow the most other than your own?

7. If you could change 1 rule in txhsfb, what would it be?

8. If your school played an out of state team, which state would you want to play?

9. Do you like spring ball or should teams just have the extra time in the fall?

10. Do you like the rule that district champions get to host a playoff game?

11. Should semifinal games rotate regions every year (ex: 1vs3, 2v4) ? 

12. Which team has the best uniform?

1. If you could relive one season, which year and which team? Joaquin 2012 cuz I’d like another shot at Bosqueville. 

2. Which stadium have you not been to that is on your bucket list? A T&T

3. What is your favorite place to go eat on away games and where is it? Jucy’s Burgers In Marshall 

4. Are you a fan of inflatable tunnels? Meh

5. Which team has the best mascot? Joaquin 

6. What team do you like to follow the most other than your own? Carthage 

7. If you could change 1 rule in txhsfb, what would it be? I like it pretty good the way it is 

8. If your school played an out of state team, which state would you want to play? Louisiana cuz I want to play Logansport again. 

9. Do you like spring ball or should teams just have the extra time in the fall? Meh

10. Do you like the rule that district champions get to host a playoff game? Yes but expand it to all classes

11. Should semifinal games rotate regions every year (ex: 1vs3, 2v4) ?  Yes

12. Which team has the best uniform? Joaquin 

• Like 1

1. If you could relive one season, which year and which team? 09 Joaquin season 

2. Which stadium have you not been to that is on your bucket list? Allen 

3. What is your favorite place to go eat on away games and where is it? Waffle House 

4. Are you a fan of inflatable tunnels? Yeah 🤷🏼‍♂️

Progreso red ants
6. What team do you like to follow the most other than your own? Every East Texas team 
7. If you could change 1 rule in txhsfb, what would it be? Fine the way it is 
8. If your school played an out of state team, which state would you want to play?
All the teams I want to see Joaquin play are in the state of Texas 
9. Do you like spring ball or should teams just have the extra time in the fall?
🤷🏼‍♂️
No 
Yes 
12. Which team has the best uniform? Lufkin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2020 at 5:14 PM, Aledo said:

1.)  1983 Daingerfield. 
 2.)  The Puncherdome in Mason. 
 3.)  Dairy Queen. I respect reliability and consistency. 
 4.)  Meh...  not so much, but the kids like 'em. 
 5.)  TIE: Vandegrift Vipers or New Braunfels Unicorns. 
 6.)  Spring Hill (and to a lesser degree Pine Tree). I've got a lot of family involved in their programs. 
 7.)  Remove "D-I" and "D-II," just add more A's. Go all the way up to 9A if you have to. 
 8.)  Any hotshot bigtime California program, or the IMG Academy. Would love to take 'em down a peg or two. 
 9.)  Prefer spring football. I think it gives coaches a lot more things to see and prepare for summer. 
10.)  I think it's the best change UIL has ever made and, frankly, it should've been the rule from the get-go. 
11.)  Meh, no strong opinion on this. Wouldn't oppose it if it happened, but wouldn't advocate for it. 
12.)  Vandegrift Vipers. Those black and chrome unis are TIGHT. 

• Like 1

1. If you could relive one season, which year and which team? - 1983 Daingerfield for sure.  Would love to see that defense.

2. Which stadium have you not been to that is on your bucket list? - Ratliff Stadium in Odessa

3. What is your favorite place to go eat on away games and where is it? - Just give me Whataburger and I'm happy

4. Are you a fan of inflatable tunnels? - No real issue with them, although I still like it when the cheerleaders make a paper banner talking smack.

5. Which team has the best mascot? - Frost Polar Bears

6. What team do you like to follow the most other than your own? - Carthage, Lufkin

7. If you could change 1 rule in txhsfb, what would it be? - None that I can think of off the top of my head.

8. If your school played an out of state team, which state would you want to play? - Definitely Florida

9. Do you like spring ball or should teams just have the extra time in the fall? - Personally I like the extra time and scrimmage in the fall.

10. Do you like the rule that district champions get to host a playoff game? - Love it, wish they would expand it to all classifications

11. Should semifinal games rotate regions every year (ex: 1vs3, 2v4) ?  - Never thought of this before, not a bad idea but I can see where travel would be a concern.

12. Which team has the best uniform? - Give me the classics, Odessa Permian, Longivew, Plano.

• Like 1

1. If you could relive one season, which year and which team? My senior season

2. Which stadium have you not been to that is on your bucket list? Puncher Dome

3. What is your favorite place to go eat on away games and where is it? Press box usually but if not the nearest Mexican food joint

4. Are you a fan of inflatable tunnels? Yes

5. Which team has the best mascot? Winter Blizzards

6. What team do you like to follow the most other than your own? Carthage

7. If you could change 1 rule in txhsfb, what would it be? Split all classes

8. If your school played an out of state team, which state would you want to play? Alaska..... road trip

9. Do you like spring ball or should teams just have the extra time in the fall? Doesn’t matter to me

10. Do you like the rule that district champions get to host a playoff game? Needs to be in all classes then I’d like it

11. Should semifinal games rotate regions every year (ex: 1vs3, 2v4) ? Switch it up every year

12. Which team has the best uniform? Anything with white bottoms and tops and lids

• Like 1

1. If you could relive one season, which year and which team? 2000 Rusk Eagles - I would love to have one more year on the field.

2. Which stadium have you not been to that is on your bucket list? I have not been to a Longview game at their place, would love to see it.

3. What is your favorite place to go eat on away games and where is it?  Always loved when we were close to Palestine for Little Mexico.

4. Are you a fan of inflatable tunnels? Only if it is a good one!

5. Which team has the best mascot? I'll go with any live mascot, not sure who all has one.

6. What team do you like to follow the most other than your own? Rusk

7. If you could change 1 rule in txhsfb, what would it be? I would want the NFL down by contact rule.  I can't tell you how many guys just fall down and kill a play.

8. If your school played an out of state team, which state would you want to play? We have played Florida and California, so give me Georgia next.

9. Do you like spring ball or should teams just have the extra time in the fall? I wish we could go in the spring, but not enough kids

10. Do you like the rule that district champions get to host a playoff game? Yes, makes those first round games intense

11. Should semifinal games rotate regions every year (ex: 1vs3, 2v4) ? I don't know if they should rotate, but how about we seed them at that point?

12. Which team has the best uniform?  I like a classic look, give me Carthage all whites.

• Like 1

Newtons last year with the old ball coach

The Star in Frisco 

Snyder Tx has a place with the best chicken fried chicken. Wish I knew more has Wagon in the name? 

I don’t care 

Grandview Zebras!

Whomever is having a good run that year

Just enforce lineman downfield on the RPO’s

Hawaii 

Spring ball is better then baseball 

Yes! Reward winning! 

Yes 

Substance over style 

1. That's tough. It would be either the 2005 or 2007 seasons for Celina. Both good years. Both two of the best teams the Bobcats have ever had.

2. Would love to see the Puncherdome, or Mexia's stadium, which is similar, but newer.

3. Fond memories of eating at Mary's in Strawn with my dad while road tripping out to Abilene to see the Bobcats play.

4. Sure, but I like that Celina still uses run-through signs.

5. Gobblers, Zebras, Sandcrabs, Punchers, Blizzards. Lots of good ones, to be honest.

6. Pretty much everyone in whatever division Celina is in. Apart from that, I still keep up with Pilot Point, just because of so many fun, fun years of them being our rivals, and Gunter because they're just up the road.

7. Having lived and watched football in a few other states, mainly Oklahoma, Arkansas and now Missouri, I can tell you Texas is still doing it right. Still lightyears ahead of everyone else.

8. STATE? Probably any of the Gulf Coast states. But out-of-state TEAM would be Webb City, Missouri. They win A LOT up here and folks think they could easily hang with the big boys in Texas. They would be a 5A DII team, but they'd get run out of the stadium by the top 15-20 Texas 3A teams.

9. Extra time in the fall.

10. That's a nice incentive, I guess. But I always loved playoff road trips, and they're never far in the first round anyway, so I don't mind playing at the neutral site.

11. That would be fun.

12. Grandview's Zebra look is pretty cool. But give me Celina's all whites. So clean.

1. If you could relive one season, which year and which team? 2013 Gladewater Bears. They weren't supposed to make the playoffs but they did. They weren't picked to win a playoff game but went 4 rounds.

2. Which stadium have you not been to that is on your bucket list? Football-The Star. Any venue- Boston Garden

3. What is your favorite place to go eat on away games and where is it? The Rabbit Patch in Atlanta

4. Are you a fan of inflatable tunnels? Sure

5. Which team has the best mascot? Gladewater Bears

6. What team do you like to follow the most other than your own? Port Neches Groves (My grandsons are in the band there). 

7. If you could change 1 rule in txhsfb, what would it be? Just wish they would enforce the ones they already have.

Hawaii-road trip
9. Do you like spring ball or should teams just have the extra time in the fall? Spring Ball

10. Do you like the rule that district champions get to host a playoff game? Yes, but in all classifications

11. Should semifinal games rotate regions every year (ex: 1vs3, 2v4) ? Yes

12. Which team has the best uniform? Gladewater of course