2020 NCAA Baseball

3 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas started their season with a 7-4 win over Rice last night. It wasn’t a perfect game but Texas hit 3 HR (2 by freshmen) and the bullpen worked 3 solid innings. 

Whoa. Nice. Rice isn't what they used to be, but it's always a solid win to beat them. 

A&M beat Miami-OH pretty bad last night 17-1. Hard to take much from the game or on the new pitching coach. Miami-OH is pretty weak on pitching and defense. That said, they did return most of their position players from their team last year who went something like 37-19. 

6 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Whoa. Nice. Rice isn't what they used to be, but it's always a solid win to beat them. 

A&M beat Miami-OH pretty bad last night 17-1. Hard to take much from the game or on the new pitching coach. Miami-OH is pretty weak on pitching and defense. That said, they did return most of their position players from their team last year who went something like 37-19. 

Rice is a good squad for this Texas to open with. They need to win a series against a lower level team that will compete to win their conference. 

Sounds like the Aggies will have a great offense. 

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Rice is a good squad for this Texas to open with. They need to win a series against a lower level team that will compete to win their conference. 

Sounds like the Aggies will have a great offense. 

I don’t know if A&Ms offense will be great but they should be better than last years. If anything at least more aggressive. 

Texas gets the sweep of Rice 5-4. Rice had a single and 2 run bomb in the 9th off of FR reliever Merryman, who was trying to earn a 2inning save. SR Donny Diaz cane on to get his 2nd save of the weekend. 

Nice season opening sweep for Texas. Two mid-week games this week for the home openers vs UTSA and vs Lamar. Boise St will come in on Friday. 

13 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Hard to be much worse than last year's offense. 

Yea that’s true. It was hard to watch. I don’t think there’s anything more frustrating than having elite pitching then losing games 2-1 while leaving around 10 in scoring position throughout the game. Which happened often for A&M last year. 

17 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

It’s an SEC thing I think. Vandy and SCar have similar uniforms. 

I've actually always been a fan of pinstripe uniforms (despite hating the Yankees)...BUT these are bad...as are the Vandy ones. I actually think what I don't like on A&M or Vandy's is they are a dark version. It just looks awkward. And I'm not a traditionalist in thinking that pure white or gray is the best...I love the dark or bright colored uni's best always. Would prefer teams always wear their colored uni's (just have uni's in two of your team colors, so if main team color is the same you can vary).