2020 NCAA Baseball

Texas used a 4 run 5th inning to beat SHSU 4-1 last night at The Disch. Texas pitcher Hansen gave up an unearned run in the 1inning after allowing 4 of the first 5 batters to reach base. He would settle in to retire the next 12 and get the win. 

Texas will head to Houston for the Shriners classic and face their toughest competition thus far with LSU Friday, Arkansas Saturday, and Missouri Sunday. 

17 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas used a 4 run 5th inning to beat SHSU 4-1 last night at The Disch. Texas pitcher Hansen gave up an unearned run in the 1inning after allowing 4 of the first 5 batters to reach base. He would settle in to retire the next 12 and get the win. 

Texas will head to Houston for the Shriners classic and face their toughest competition thus far with LSU Friday, Arkansas Saturday, and Missouri Sunday. 

Big throw from the left fielder to gun down a runner at the plate to save Hansen in the first. Anything less than a perfect throw and Sam leads 2-0 and is still batting in the top of the first. Good win for Texas, not such a bad loss for Sam. 

Gonna learn a lot about Texas this weekend...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Big throw from the left fielder to gun down a runner at the plate to save Hansen in the first. Anything less than a perfect throw and Sam leads 2-0 and is still batting in the top of the first. Good win for Texas, not such a bad loss for Sam. 

Gonna learn a lot about Texas this weekend...

I actually missed the first inning because I was at my daughters practice. That was probably Texas best win so far. Sam has a really solid club with some good arms and a really nice top of the order. 

3 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

I actually missed the first inning because I was at my daughters practice. That was probably Texas best win so far. Sam has a really solid club with some good arms and a really nice top of the order. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Yeah they got a free one on that obvious missed call. Need a bounce back win today vs a very good Arkansas team. 

They got the call right on the field. Not sure what they were looking at to overturn it. Runner was out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Texas beat #6 Arkansas last night 8-7.  Was up 8-0 and nearly let Arkansas come back and win.

Great atmosphere last night. Didn’t leave the park until after midnight. Home plate umpire was very inconsistent last night. Arkansas can hit, props to Ty Madden for holding them down the first 5 innings. Texas hit well even after the 6 run second inning just couldn’t find holes. 

Need to finish with a W today vs Missouri and you gotta feel really good about the weekend. 

Sloppy loss for Texas to end the weekend. In a 9-8 loss to Missouri the Longhorns committed 5 errors and really struggled to get outs from the bullpen. 

Texas can be a really good team but the bullpen has to get better and the lineup needs some depth. The bottom of the batting order has struggled no matter who it is. 

A&M played awful all weekend. Bats were nonexistent, tons of walks allowed and errors. Going 0-3 on the weekend and playing poorly against really the first decent group of teams of the season was not fun to watch. 

Texas takes the series from Cal St Fullerton. Game 1 went 6-1 to the Horns after Texas hit a 2run HR and 3 doubles in the 7th inning. Game 2 just ended with a 4-3 decision in which the Longhorn bullpen pitched 5 scoreless innings. 

Texas will play for their 3rd consecutive weekend series sweeps tomorrow at the 1:30. 

Texas indeed completes the sweep of Cal St Fullerton with an 8-4 win today. 

Bullpen really responded this weekend with 14 scoreless innings and only 2 walks. The bottom of the lineup had a big weekend as well.
Abilene Christian comes to Austin on Wednesday and an interesting series with a New Mexico team with a 12-3 record in this early season. 

I was listening to the College Sports Station this morning on XM Radio and this and some other decisions that the NCAA made took the schools and AD’s by surprise. From what I gather it sounds like some of this may be reconsidered depending on how this initial quarantine works out.

• Like 1