Franklin new A.D. head football coach

lionpride08

Fannin is goin to be a great head coach... He was running franklin out of the spread last year some and they looked good at times just tryin to get used to running in the spread but also run the slot t... He could make franklin a very dangerous team with putting some spread in the play book

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Fannin is goin to be a great head coach... He was running franklin out of the spread last year some and they looked good at times just tryin to get used to running in the spread but also run the slot t... He could make franklin a very dangerous team with putting some spread in the play book

I agree with you. 

19 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

I really don't understand what Franklin gets out of the spread. Seems like a slippery slope to being average. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 2:23 PM, lionpride08 said:

How does one put speed in the playbook? 

Do certian plays or systems make kids faster?

1 hour ago, TheShadowKnows said:

How does one put speed in the playbook? 

Do certian plays or systems make kids faster?

This will be one of the fastest teams franklin has ever fielded this next year.... Franklin would do well in d1 had they not dropped as well.... Fielded a very young team last year

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

And still run the ball out of the spread?

That might run it some but ran 4 or 5 wide passing the ball... Had some success with it last year but it was just the first year we tried to run some spread passing wise... Only goin to get better the more we pass it

12 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

That might run it some but ran 4 or 5 wide passing the ball... Had some success with it last year but it was just the first year we tried to run some spread passing wise... Only goin to get better the more we pass it

I would just be nervous about it. I've seen some teams change to that identity and getting better was not the outcome. To get better at that you have to take time from getting better at what has made you good. 

Pewitt went spread for a little bit then went back to 100% slot t. Hughes Springs went spread because the community wanted it and immediately regretted it. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

I would just be nervous about it. I've seen some teams change to that identity and getting better was not the outcome. To get better at that you have to take time from getting better at what has made you good. 

Pewitt went spread for a little bit then went back to 100% slot t. Hughes Springs went spread because the community wanted it and immediately regretted it. 

I dont think we will run it much maybe 15% of the time. It would be good for 3rd and longs or against teams with a good run defense to keep them honest

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...