2020 2A Region 3 Softball

LLIONPRIDE

Softball season is upon us. Let's hear some thoughts on teams to watch. Lovelady tasted success for the first time last year with a run to the regional finals before losing to an outstanding West Sabine squad. WS returns alot of last years team so until proven otherwise, I think they have to be a favorite to repeat as Region 3 champs. Lovelady returns all but 1 starter and adds some really stout freshman. We will start 3,  possibly 4 freshman on this years team so we will again be very young. I think other top teams to watch this year will be Grapeland, Leon, Woden, Beckville, Harleton, Joaquin along with a few surprise teams. Good luck to all the teams and hope to see you guys somewhere along the way. GO LIONS!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Joaquin went 5-1 in the Carthage tournament last weekend. They were scheduled for the Nacogdoches tournament this weekend but had to pull out of it due to a tragedy involving a fellow student. I think LL, Woden and WS are probably the top teams in the region. Got a lot of ball to play before we get to the playoffs though. Good luck to everyone. 

Lovelady went 4-0-2 in the Hudson tournament and 5-0 in the Nac tournament. Have only given up 8 runs in 12 games. Defense and pitching have been very solid, just need to keep getting better at the plate. Still a lot of work to be done if we want to compete in this region!!! District starts this week. One step at a time!