How Public Schools Indoctrinate Kids Without Almost Anyone Noticing Teaching the value of free thought matters now more than ever. Unfortunately, most American public schools take the opposite approach.

RETIREDFAN1

Gonna have to call :BS: on this article. 

I know that some conspiracy theory believers think this is really happening in America's public K-12 schools, and there may be individual teachers that try to teach this ####. But most teachers are there to help the kids, I don't know a single teacher that does it for the money. And most teachers DON'T have time to indoctrinate anyone, because they are having to do to much paperwork for every 504 and SE kid in the world. Because nervous breathing now is a disadvantage. So putting up articles like this, well that is just pure and simple :BS:.  All this is trying to do is divide our nation even more. And some think that the Democrats are the only ones trying to divide the nation. SMFH. 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

3 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I know that some conspiracy theory believers think this is really happening in America's public K-12 schools, and there may be individual teachers that try to teach this ####. But most teachers are there to help the kids, I don't know a single teacher that does it for the money. And most teachers DON'T have time to indoctrinate anyone, because they are having to do to much paperwork for every 504 and SE kid in the world. Because nervous breathing now is a disadvantage. So putting up articles like this, well that is just pure and simple :BS:.  All this is trying to do is divide our nation even more. And some think that the Democrats are the only ones trying to divide the nation. SMFH. 

there are 49 OTHER states...........your trying to make a judgment in favor of EVERY teacher in all the other states based on what is going on in Texas is ridiculous at best.........

2 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

there are 49 OTHER states...........your trying to make a judgment in favor of EVERY teacher in all the other states based on what is going on in Texas is ridiculous at best.........

I think there is a lot of truth to the article .... I have a good bit of experience training/teaching  "young people" right after their high school days during my military career .... a lot of those youngsters right out of high school had been indoctrinated with a lot of :BS:, especially those from urban areas .... I do believe there are a lot of educators out there pushing their biases to the ones they are teaching ... some subtlety and some overtly ....

9 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I think there is a lot of truth to the article .... I have a good bit of experience training/teaching  "young people" right after their high school days during my military career .... a lot of those youngsters right out of high school had been indoctrinated with a lot of :BS:, especially those from urban areas .... I do believe there are a lot of educators out there pushing their biases to the ones they are teaching ... some subtlety and some overtly ....

Exactly......we don't see it that much in rural Texas so we can't come on here and say that it does not exist and that the article is BS........in fact, here at West Hardin there's only 1 liberal teacher in our entire school.......

19 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Yes there are 49 other states, and I have taught in several of them. All states have some stupid testing that takes up most of their time, and most states don't pay well. And to top it off, reading comprehension seems to lack with some of you, Considering I put it in the second sentence. But don't read all the words, just the ones that make you think you are right. SMFH. 

And for any of you have have been teachers, you know what I am talking about. Those of you never in the business have been listening to Hannity way to much. 

25 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

there may be individual teachers that try to teach this ####. 

2 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Yes there are 49 other states, and I have taught in several of them. All states have some stupid testing that takes up most of their time, and most states don't pay well. And to top it off, reading comprehension seems to lack with some of you, Considering I put it in the second sentence. But don't read all the words, just the ones that make you think you are right. SMFH. 

And for any of you have have been teachers, you know what I am talking about. Those of you never in the business have been listening to Hannity way to much. 

:sleep:

1 minute ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Wrong....as  you are some of the time........I hit my 80 THIS year and am retiring from teaching........:rofl:

I hit my 80 last year on March 2, which is Texas Independence day. 

I am going to continue this year and next--getting 25 years in Texas, plus this year and next year will raise my 2 lowest years by over 5K per year. It'll be a hefty raise to may average for my retirement. Then it's off to find another job. Because college for 2 kids doesn't pay with retirement. Especially that $168 bucks I had to shell out this last semester. Daughter got some good scholarships. LOL. 

• Like 1

Just now, DannyZuco said:

I hit my 80 last year on March 2, which is Texas Independence day. 

I am going to continue this year and next--getting 25 years in Texas, plus this year and next year will raise my 2 lowest years by over 5K per year. It'll be a hefty raise to may average for my retirement. Then it's off to find another job. Because college for 2 kids doesn't pay with retirement. Especially that $168 bucks I had to shell out this last semester. Daughter got some good scholarships. LOL. 

Good deal......I told myself I wasn't going one year longer than I had to go......lol.......I'm outta here in June.......