UIL denies eligibility for athletes: Gilmer and El Paso

Eagleborn

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Most know who the ones involved in ET are. Don’t be surprised if more comes to light in that situation. 

I expect another transfer in the near future to ensure the young man gets to play varsity in 2020.  Private school or out of state.  That will be 4 high schools in 3 years.  I don’t think returning to the previous school will be an option.

2 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I expect another transfer in the near future to ensure the young man gets to play varsity in 2020.  Private school or out of state.  That will be 4 high schools in 3 years.  I don’t think returning to the previous school will be an option.

The two brothers that got denied has only been to 1 HS

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

The two brothers that got denied has only been to 1 HS

You sure about that Sportsguru?  Maybe one in Plano area in 2018, one in Longview area in 2019, now Gilmer in 2020?  That’s 3 already.  If the family opts to transfer again so the incoming Jr can play varsity in 2020 that would be 4 high schools in 3 years.

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

You sure about that Sportsguru?  Maybe one in Plano area in 2018, one in Longview area in 2019, now Gilmer in 2020?  That’s 3 already.  If the family opts to transfer again so the incoming Jr can play varsity in 2020 that would be 4 high schools in 3 years.

The soph and freshman have only been at Spring Hill prior to Gilmer. 

The senior though . . . 

12 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

So your saying the Senior was enrolled in Plano private school in 2018 while the younger two brothers were already in Spring Hill?

"If" I remember correctly, the current Senior moved into SH from I thought Mount Vernon, played some JV basketball, but then went back to Mount Vernon, and then moved back to Spring Hill while sitting out some time until he was eligible to play Varsity basketball as a Junior. He was fine to play all Varsity sports (football, but didn't really want to play basketball) as a current Senior before moving to Gilmer. The current Sophomore, which is really what all this is about, moved to SH before Freshman year, playing Varsity basketball, and then Varsity football this year before moving to Gilmer over the Christmas break. I "believe" this is pretty accurate.

1 hour ago, SHillBuckeye said:

"If" I remember correctly, the current Senior moved into SH from I thought Mount Vernon, played some JV basketball, but then went back to Mount Vernon, and then moved back to Spring Hill while sitting out some time until he was eligible to play Varsity basketball as a Junior. He was fine to play all Varsity sports (football, but didn't really want to play basketball) as a current Senior before moving to Gilmer. The current Sophomore, which is really what all this is about, moved to SH before Freshman year, playing Varsity basketball, and then Varsity football this year before moving to Gilmer over the Christmas break. I "believe" this is pretty accurate.

The current Sophmore recruiting profile shows he played football as a 9th grader at a private school in Plano.  Is that wrong?

21 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I don't know if that is an option, but we would love to have him back at SH. It's not the kids....it's the parent(s)*.

* Dad

• Like 1