UIL denies eligibility for athletes: Gilmer and El Paso

Eagleborn

23 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Naw they don’t have a kid that’s fastest in the district but he is fast and was a key receiver. He is a Soph and heard they were moving to the Dallas area 

Haha, gotcha. I just remember SH posters claiming that back at the beginning of football season. Man, that will hurt SH to lose him too

6 minutes ago, CreateMyAccount said:

The dad is crazy for his kids. If I heard right, the sophomore plans to sit out his junior year instead of going to a private school because he has plenty of footage from this year.

Yes and with the camps this yr and all the coaches coming through in the spring 

12 hours ago, CreateMyAccount said:

The dad is crazy for his kids. If I heard right, the sophomore plans to sit out his junior year instead of going to a private school because he has plenty of footage from this year.

Honestly, in this situation, that is what I would do. He already has a couple of offers, including one from Jeff Traylor at UTSA. There will be more. He could play this year on the JV squad, correct?

6 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Honestly, in this situation, that is what I would do. He already has a couple of offers, including one from Jeff Traylor at UTSA. There will be more. He could play this year on the JV squad, correct?

Disagree.  I don’t think UTSA and FIU are their dream offers.  And I don’t think missing a year of high school competition is in the best interest of the athlete.  My two cents.

17 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Disagree.  I don’t think UTSA and FIU are their dream offers.  And I don’t think missing a year of high school competition is in the best interest of the athlete.  My two cents.

I’m sure it won’t be his only offers, and what do u suggest. Him going back to Spring Hill? Or go to a private school 

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I’m sure it won’t be his only offers, and what do u suggest. Him going back to Spring Hill? Or go to a private school 

Either is better than sitting out a year.  I don’t see any upside to that option.  Under the circumstances, can the dad make peace with SH admin etc.?  That’s the cleanest path.  If not I’d be researching the private school options in Tyler or Dallas, as well as Shreveport.

2 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Either is better than sitting out a year.  I don’t see any upside to that option.  Under the circumstances, can the dad make peace with SH admin etc.?  That’s the cleanest path.  If not I’d be researching the private school options in Tyler or Dallas, as well as Shreveport.

I think he will be fine playing JV rather than move again. He will learn the system and be eligible come basketball season also he will pick up some more offers this spring and summer watch 

33 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I think he will be fine playing JV rather than move again. He will learn the system and be eligible come basketball season also he will pick up some more offers this spring and summer watch 

I’m sure he will pick up more offers this Spring & Summer.  But playing  Bux JV on Thurs night won’t get him more exposure & better opportunities though.  I guess we will see soon enough.

On 2/13/2020 at 2:42 PM, SHillBuckeye said:

I don't know if that is an option, but we would love to have him back at SH. It's not the kids....it's the parent(s)*.

* Dad

It is an option. I know of some other schools where the kid went back to after losing the apeal.

• 1 month later...