Paris North Lamar

texas2019

24 minutes ago, texas2019 said:

Paris North Lamar may be opening up soon. Don’t know much about the school. Does the school draw a lot of interest from good candidates?? What is their situation like schedule wise?

Probably looking at 5th or 6th in their district in 2020.  They got out of the boiling water (Argyle) but fell into the fire (Pleasant Grove).

with Paris becoming a good team for football all of a sudden...in a town that splits...it's easy to "move" across town (using relatives address, etc).

thinking on a similar, as Pleasant Grove has gotten good, it only takes a handful of T-High Tigers to "move" in a large town to continue solidifying a team...

and talking about moving from a tough district to a killer district (not just PG, but a Gilmer Buckeye team that is rising again, Liberty-Eylau should get it going, too much Texarkana talent not to, Spring Hill is improving and can be an offensive power).

• Like 1

Have heard the same as well, depends if the Supt gets backed by the board in this decision. Article was just posted they are trying to pass another bond, have had one fail in recent years. $5 million would be allocated to turfing all facilities and upgrades, the rest to build new buildings. The new supt is an awesome person and wants the best for the district unlike ones they've hired in the past who didn't have a feel for the people or district. Current AD may not be a bad guy but is not a great communicator, got the job due to being a graduate of NL more than anything. NL has also lost some of their best athletes to Paris which is never a good look, regardless if they could play at Paris or not.

Football was competitive but new district is stupid hard, other sports aren't far removed from having some success. Baseball was in Regional Semis '16 (ran into Argyle), Softball is always good, volleyball was going 2-3 rounds deep, both basketball programs were winning playoff games all of this was mostly prior to new AD because all of the head coaches of these sports are no longer the head coaches. 

Always thought it was weird Paris had two high schools...but I guess back in the day North Lamar was actually out in the country where now Paris has grown and North Lamar is basically in the city....I've heard the facilities are not great and they cant get a bond passed....its been a tough gig and with Paris on the other side of town having success and newer facilities it's probably quite difficult for North Lamar to be competitive in football....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

I remember not long ago NL was wanting to consolidate with Paris when they had some bad financial trouble. Town said no. Kind of like Palestine, they need 1 high school 

Well technically they have 3 schools and I don't believe Chisum has any want or desire to consolidate either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brasstacks72 said:

Have heard the same as well, depends if the Supt gets backed by the board in this decision. Article was just posted they are trying to pass another bond, have had one fail in recent years. $5 million would be allocated to turfing all facilities and upgrades, the rest to build new buildings. The new supt is an awesome person and wants the best for the district unlike ones they've hired in the past who didn't have a feel for the people or district. Current AD may not be a bad guy but is not a great communicator, got the job due to being a graduate of NL more than anything. NL has also lost some of their best athletes to Paris which is never a good look, regardless if they could play at Paris or not.

Football was competitive but new district is stupid hard, other sports aren't far removed from having some success. Baseball was in Regional Semis '16 (ran into Argyle), Softball is always good, volleyball was going 2-3 rounds deep, both basketball programs were winning playoff games all of this was mostly prior to new AD because all of the head coaches of these sports are no longer the head coaches. 

spot on breakdown...if the bond can get passed that would help the kids tremendously..did not realize they were looking at another vote 

There's actually 4 ISDs in Lamar County: 4A Paris, 4A North Lamar, 3A Prairiland, 3A Chisum.  Chisum recently took in Roxton ISD.   There hasn't been any recent consolidation talk among those four districts that I'm aware of, but NL could definitely benefit from a bond issue.  Not many schools left with a natural turf field, and R.L. Maddox Stadium is a quagmire when it rains.

1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

I dont have a problem with several county schools. But to have 2 right inside of the main part of Paris doesn't make sense to me. 

Update: Paris newspaper reports today that NLISD took no action on Emeyabbi's contract at their Monday meeting.

Maybe this map will help those not familiar with Lamar County.  Geographically, very little of NL's district resides within Paris city limits (basically, the red circle which denotes Loop 286).  A half-century ago, Paris ISD had the opportunity to annex NL but chose not to take on the enormous busing obligations that much territory would require.  As a result, Paris ISD is severely land-locked and has endured many years of financial strain.  While the past decade or so has been kind in matters of proportional state funding, the political winds can change in an instant. 

Note: This is an old map.  As previously mentioned, Roxton and Chisum have now merged.

pr.NLISD-district-map-4x4.gif

25 minutes ago, Parisian said:

Update: Paris newspaper reports today that NLISD took no action on Emeyabbi's contract at their Monday meeting.

Maybe this map will help those not familiar with Lamar County.  Geographically, very little of NL's district resides within Paris city limits (basically, the red circle which denotes Loop 286).  A half-century ago, Paris ISD had the opportunity to annex NL but chose not to take on the enormous busing obligations that much territory would require.  As a result, Paris ISD is severely land-locked and has endured many years of financial strain.  While the past decade or so has been kind in matters of proportional state funding, the political winds can change in an instant. 

Note: This is an old map.  As previously mentioned, Roxton and Chisum have now merged.

pr.NLISD-district-map-4x4.gif

Thanks. It is also interesting to me that NL boundaries are that big and their enrollment has decreased so much. 

21 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I didnt realize NL boundries were that large....I just know the HS and stadium if memory serves are right off the loop behind the Chilis and the hospital....thats technically Paris city limits right?? 

I believe that all NLISD facilities (administrative, HS, MS, elementary, stadium) are within Paris city limits with the exception of one elementary located in Powderly (about 10 miles north).

38 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I didnt realize NL boundries were that large....I just know the HS and stadium if memory serves are right off the loop behind the Chilis and the hospital....thats technically Paris city limits right?? 

I believe by land area NL is one of the largest in the state. This creates a problem with athletics as well, some kids that maybe could help don't participate due to having to ride the bus because they live 35-40 mins away, down back roads and up by the river. The fact that the voters won't help out the school with a bond, IMO, doesn't give them a whole lot of room to complain when things look run down or aren't competitive with surrounding facilities. Consolidation won't happen either, an example of that is that quite a few kids/families at Chisum have left NL for better facilities and an opportunity for their kids to compete in athletics at a more suitable level. 

14 minutes ago, Parisian said:

Another update: Emeyabbi has been placed on administrative leave as reported just now by The Paris News (note: The Paris News access is normally by subscription, but they appear to have made this article free)

http://theparisnews.com/article_8a947646-4e8a-11ea-899c-f7f26dc7a419.html#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Wow. Why would be all of a sudden be on admin leave? 

15 hours ago, texas2019 said:

Don’t see much appeal to the job if the football team has no chance, and all other sports are irrelevant except for softball. 

I thought they usually had a decent volleyball team?

softball is always good, and their baseball team is no slouch right now.