East Texas Football Games

texas2019

17 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I'm glad they are playing again, but I don't know if I would consider that a "great" match up.

Gladewater has not won that game in like 20 years.

If you’ve ever been to one of these games you would understand. The atmosphere is something else. Not to mention how hard both sides play. Win or lose it is a great game for anyone to watch. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

If you’ve ever been to one of these games you would understand. The atmosphere is something else. Not to mention how hard both sides play. Win or lose it is a great game for anyone to watch. 

I agree. When these two teams play, it's extra special. With both teams returning a solid core from last year, I think this will be a very competitive game. Gilmer's offense will be fine, curious as to what the defense will be like since their DC retired. Anyone heard any candidates for that job?

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I'm glad they are playing again, but I don't know if I would consider that a "great" match up.

Gladewater has not won that game in like 20 years.

You can just go through the last handful of games and every one of them have been a heck of a game. (Two come to mind that were absolute classics in the last 10 years) Honestly think this is going to be the best shot GW has at getting over the hump. There will be a ton of talent on the field from both teams. And as others have mentioned. If you have not personally been to one then it’s hard to explain. There is absolutely no love loss between the two but there is respect. The atmosphere is always electric. 

Not to mention that after all those years of winning Gilmer leads the head to head by a slight margin. Just shows how Gladewater has dominated the match up in the past. 

I think the playoff game at Lobo speaks for itself. Two small schools setting the attendance record. 

49 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I agree. When these two teams play, it's extra special. With both teams returning a solid core from last year, I think this will be a very competitive game. Gilmer's offense will be fine, curious as to what the defense will be like since their DC retired. Anyone heard any candidates for that job?

Probably coach Edwards so think they will be fine but heard their best dlineman tore his acl playing basketball 

38 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

You can just go through the last handful of games and every one of them have been a heck of a game. (Two come to mind that were absolute classics in the last 10 years) Honestly think this is going to be the best shot GW has at getting over the hump. There will be a ton of talent on the field from both teams. And as others have mentioned. If you have not personally been to one then it’s hard to explain. There is absolutely no love loss between the two but there is respect. The atmosphere is always electric. 

Not to mention that after all those years of winning Gilmer leads the head to head by a slight margin. Just shows how Gladewater has dominated the match up in the past. 

I think the playoff game at Lobo speaks for itself. Two small schools setting the attendance record. 

Speaking of getting over the hump, wouldn’t it be sweet to beat them at their place?