Daytona 500

HearEmaGrowlin

19 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I just watched the wreck on m phone; It was an awful crash. I pray Newman will be fine.🙏✝️

That’s one of the worst ones I’ve seen. Upside down and hit on the drivers side. Hearing Newman’s in serious but non life threatening condition. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

That’s one of the worst ones I’ve seen. Upside down and hit on the drivers side. Hearing Newman’s in serious but non life threatening condition. 

The “upside down on fire” finish was pretty cool the first time we saw it in like 2014 with Clint Bowyer. It’s getting a little ridiculous now. How many Daytona and Talladega races have ended with a car taking flight and either bouncing off the catch fence or getting pounded by the cars behind him? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

The “upside down on fire” finish was pretty cool the first time we saw it in like 2014 with Clint Bowyer. It’s getting a little ridiculous now. How many Daytona and Talladega races have ended with a car taking flight and either bouncing off the catch fence or getting pounded by the cars behind him? 

In 2004, I went down to Turn 1 & stood by the fence as the field went by at 200+ MPH... the Roar was deafening, accompanied by about a 30 mph gust of wind immediately afterward; Awesome expierience!😎

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

16 laps to go when they had “the big one?” How many after that, especially when they went to the green/white finish? You can’t take all the risk out of racing but NASCAR could do something about that imho. Hamlin still woulda won a few laps sooner and more than likely a few less wrecks happen.

2 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

In 2004, I went down to Turn 1 & stood by the fence as the field went by at 200+ MPH... the Roar was deafening, accompanied by about a 30 mph gust of wind immediately afterward; Awesome expierience!😎

Never wanted to go to Jerryworld and see the Cowboys play but I’ve got seeing a NASCAR race on the bucket list.

27 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Never wanted to go to Jerryworld and see the Cowboys play but I’ve got seeing a NASCAR race on the bucket list.

I absolutely enjoyed MOST of that Talledega trip; Parking in someone’s front yard for $30 bucks and WALKING THREE MILES to the track Definitely Wasn’t one of the better parts of the trip!😳🙄 That place is like the Tomato Bowl... Not Nearly enough parking!