Plymouth Rock Vandalized with Graffitti.

CarthDawg77

6 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

If they hate that the Pilgrims came to colonize America for religious freedom then they should move back to Europe.  I can almost guarantee that this was not someone of Native American descent.  

Just for their religion though. They weren’t exactly tolerant of others. 

• Stinks 1

8 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I can just imagine what brain dead professor spewd this into your head. Good luck with your hating of America. 

First amendment says Freedom of Religion, not Freedom of Only the Christian Religion.  Whatcha gonna do?  Haters gonna hate.

9 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I can just imagine what brain dead professor spewd this into your head. Good luck with your hating of America. 

Has nothing to do with hate. It’s all about established fact. I know facts are hard for conservatives to comprehend.  That’s the difference between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives are like the parents who spoil their child and think that they can do no wrong. Liberals are those who realize that their kids can do wrong and call them out in it but still love them at the same time. 

1 hour ago, PepeSilvia said:

Has nothing to do with hate. It’s all about established fact. I know facts are hard for conservatives to comprehend.  That’s the difference between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives are like the parents who spoil their child and think that they can do no wrong. Liberals are those who realize that their kids can do wrong and call them out in it but still love them at the same time. 

😂😂😂🐂💩...

18 hours ago, PepeSilvia said:

Just for their religion though. They weren’t exactly tolerant of others. 

They didn't bother anyone, they kept to themselves much like the Amish.  I can understand why they would be skeptical of others after their persecution in England and then the Netherlands.  They had no idea where they were, and there was not a large Native American presence where they settled.  It wasn't until Samoset came into their village to welcome them, and they learned of the epidemic that had wiped out many of those that had lived in the area before them.  They were then introduced to Chief Massasoit, and came to a peace treaty with him.  They had no wars with the Natives nor did they want to.  It wasn't until other British immigrants arrived who were not associated with the Pilgrims when trouble and wars began to brew.  To blame this today on the Puritans/Pilgrims is a grave injustice to their legacy.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Our country has a long history of being intolerant to others' religions, and those at Plymouth were certainly no exception.

To be a Catholic or a Jew or a Mormon even was to be persona non grata all the way until the second half of the 20th century when it came to basic civil involvement. 

Show proof how they were intolerant to others, since they kept to themselves.  They did not harm anyone, but they were persecuted.  It appears to me that they are being persecuted in the modern day simply to want to practice their faith.  Did they demand others that didn't accept their teachings to obey it as the Muslims will and do in their native lands ? NO !   Did they attack the Native Tribes that lived in their new home ? NO !  They wanted to live in peace and harmony, yet you revisionists of history desire to paint them as savages and conquerors which they were not of that ilk.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Our country has a long history of being intolerant to others' religions, and those at Plymouth were certainly no exception.

To be a Catholic or a Jew or a Mormon even was to be persona non grata all the way until the second half of the 20th century when it came to basic civil involvement. 

I'm an member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I do not know of one member that is bitter about that.  Members of my faith were killed in all areas of the country, because of our beliefs.  What did we do, we  removed ourselves from those that were intolerant of our beliefs or who did not understand our beliefs.  What you may or may not know is there was a colony set up in East Texas.  While this is a very long read my Grandfather's store is mentioned in the first chapter of this thesis.  https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=6184&context=etd .  I have read it, and I can attest that what was written in it are true based on first hand accounts from those that lived in that area.  I would say that I was related to at least 70% through some way or another either through marriage or by birth to many of them today. I know one person on here that lives in the Harmony area, that I have a feeling we might have relatives who are related to each of us through marriage, but not by blood, except for their children.  

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

They didn't bother anyone, they kept to themselves much like the Amish.  I can understand why they would be skeptical of others after their persecution in England and then the Netherlands.  They had no idea where they were, and there was not a large Native American presence where they settled.  It wasn't until Samoset came into their village to welcome them, and they learned of the epidemic that had wiped out many of those that had lived in the area before them.  They were then introduced to Chief Massasoit, and came to a peace treaty with him.  They had no wars with the Natives nor did they want to.  It wasn't until other British immigrants arrived who were not associated with the Pilgrims when trouble and wars began to brew.  To blame this today on the Puritans/Pilgrims is a grave injustice to their legacy.  

Tell that to the Quakers. 

13 hours ago, PepeSilvia said:

Yea facts is exactly what I’m referring to.  Maybe we just interpret the facts differently or apply a different level of context to the facts. 

6 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Show proof how they were intolerant to others, since they kept to themselves.  They did not harm anyone, but they were persecuted.  It appears to me that they are being persecuted in the modern day simply to want to practice their faith.  Did they demand others that didn't accept their teachings to obey it as the Muslims will and do in their native lands ? NO !   Did they attack the Native Tribes that lived in their new home ? NO !  They wanted to live in peace and harmony, yet you revisionists of history desire to paint them as savages and conquerors which they were not of that ilk.  

Exactly, Dave. There IS no tolerance among the Left. They Must have things Their Way or not at all.

20 hours ago, PepeSilvia said:

Tell that to the Quakers. 

The Quakers weren't persecuted by the Puritans only by others that had come to the Massachusetts Colony.  My first grandfather that came to America was a Quaker from Prussia at that time, and came across on the British Ship Janet that was captained by William Penn.  William Penn himself almost converted to being a Puritan, but didn't.  My great great great great Grandfather did convert to being a Methodist, and moved from Pennsylvania to Knoxville, TN.  in the late 1700's after serving in the Revolutionary War.  Yes, I have proof of that, and can provide it with online sources if you don't believe me.  I'm glad my Momma did genealogy work, because I know my families history in the United States and in other countries as well.  She also did work on her side of the family, and has co-authored two books on my paternal and fraternal family.