Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GoodOleBoy73

Commerce Open

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, rickypoteet4 said:

This is quiet 

Been told that the AD already knows the list of guys he wants to interview and has reached out to them to see if they are interested I do not know any names though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if they have the capital to pursue such an endeavor but if Kerry Strong would be my choice.  Why you ask?  Simply because I would want to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any in-house candidates? Seems like they have been improved overall the last few years since Farrell got there. Maybe they would want to keep it rolling with someone already on staff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Any in-house candidates? Seems like they have been improved overall the last few years since Farrell got there. Maybe they would want to keep it rolling with someone already on staff?

the ones he reached out to i was told are outside candidates, that doesn't mean that it wont be an inside hire. I was just told he reached out to some area assistant coaches he has close ties with. No names or schools though just that he knows who he would like to bring in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, supermaroon said:

Been told that the AD already knows the list of guys he wants to interview and has reached out to them to see if they are interested I do not know any names though.

I am sure that will be a cluster! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The AD is as good as they come and was part of the football program when they were winning championships.  He knows what it takes to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Win1Soon said:

The AD is as good as they come and was part of the football program when they were winning championships.  He knows what it takes to win.

He is a good man, but he has also been a part of this program as an AD when they were far from winning any championships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bulldogbacker78 said:

He is a good man, but he has also been a part of this program as an AD when they were far from winning any championships. 

In my opinion, they should try and retain the guys they have now. They have sort of righted the ship and got Commerce back on the right path. The only way to keep those guys around would be to promote from within. But, I'm not really close to the situation. That is definitely just based on records and what I have heard about the guys there. Anyone know if there would even be an in-house candidate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the best of my memory, and I went to ETSU in the mid to late 80’s, the only time Commerce has won any ball games is Lineweaver’s tenure and Cron won state but wasn’t there long. Other than that I don’t think they’ve ever won. Am I missing some successful years?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, randomuser said:

To the best of my memory, and I went to ETSU in the mid to late 80’s, the only time Commerce has won any ball games is Lineweaver’s tenure and Cron won state but wasn’t there long. Other than that I don’t think they’ve ever won. Am I missing some successful years?

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, randomuser said:

To the best of my memory, and I went to ETSU in the mid to late 80’s, the only time Commerce has won any ball games is Lineweaver’s tenure and Cron won state but wasn’t there long. Other than that I don’t think they’ve ever won. Am I missing some successful years?

I just know that a few years ago, they started 0-6. Then they turned things around and made it to the 3rd round of the playoffs. Turnarounds like that don't happen often. Those guys obviously got the kids to buy in and it eventually clicked. 

I think promoting the DC was the right move. McSheffrey seems like a good dude. I have heard positive things about him from people that I respect. I hope it works out for him and more importantly for those kids!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...