Rockdale open

lionpride08

That's the problem with a majority of the school boards now a days.  They vote with their emotions and over look the obvious.  That coordinator maybe the easiest and emotionally popular with the board but may not be the best choice for the program and the community.   It's pretty obvious what winning and going deep in the playoffs means to a school and a town.  

Sometimes the choice by the board by bringing in someone from the outside is very benifical and that choice could change the history of a program.   Remember Toby York and Rick Rhoades for example.  

Miller did great things in Rockdale.  His 6-9 record versus Cameron is great considering the series history.  And of course he won the state title in 2017.  I felt he was deserving of that Cy Fair job.  

2006: Cameron Yoe 50 Rockdale 12
2007: Rockdale 43 Cameron Yoe 21
2008: Cameron Yoe 41 Rockdale 28
2009: Rockdale 41 Cameron Yoe 21
2010: Cameron Yoe 35 Rockdale 13
2011: Rockdale 11 Cameron Yoe 10
2012: Cameron Yoe 34 Rockdlae 0
2013: Cameron Yoe 51 Rockdale 33
2014: Rockdale 34 Cameron Yoe 27 - Cameron Yoe 44 Rockdale 25 (state quarterfinals)
2015: Cameron Yoe 27 Rockdale 6
2016: Rockdale 80 Cameron Yoe 54
2017: Rockdale 63 Cameron Yoe 34
2018: Cameorn Yoe 33 Rockdale 14
2019: Cameron Yoe 31 Rockdale 3

2 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Miller did great things in Rockdale.  His 6-9 record versus Cameron is great considering the series history.  And of course he won the state title in 2017.  I felt he was deserving of that Cy Fair job.  

2006: Cameron Yoe 50 Rockdale 12
2007: Rockdale 43 Cameron Yoe 21
2008: Cameron Yoe 41 Rockdale 28
2009: Rockdale 41 Cameron Yoe 21
2010: Cameron Yoe 35 Rockdale 13
2011: Rockdale 11 Cameron Yoe 10
2012: Cameron Yoe 34 Rockdlae 0
2013: Cameron Yoe 51 Rockdale 33
2014: Rockdale 34 Cameron Yoe 27 - Cameron Yoe 44 Rockdale 25 (state quarterfinals)
2015: Cameron Yoe 27 Rockdale 6
2016: Rockdale 80 Cameron Yoe 54
2017: Rockdale 63 Cameron Yoe 34
2018: Cameorn Yoe 33 Rockdale 14
2019: Cameron Yoe 31 Rockdale 3

Pretty Impressive!

2014 was a year to remember. I believe the 2 best teams played in the Quarter Finals that season.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 8:46 AM, yoenation79 said:

That's the problem with a majority of the school boards now a days.  They vote with their emotions and over look the obvious.  That coordinator maybe the easiest and emotionally popular with the board but may not be the best choice for the program and the community.   It's pretty obvious what winning and going deep in the playoffs means to a school and a town.  

Sometimes the choice by the board by bringing in someone from the outside is very benifical and that choice could change the history of a program.   Remember Toby York and Rick Rhoades for example.  

Cameron Yoe hire was the typical small town hire with the  members of the Board actually running  a publicity campaign for the eventual Coach.. Now all the Yoe  fan base states is wait to next year we have a good JV and Freshman team coming. Rockdale Tigers will do the same thing unless Rick Rhoades actually applies, then the pressure on the Board from certain members of the community  will be extreme.  I believe Jack will apply, but he does not have enough juice to get them off the DC.  Be happy Yoe fans  they will follow your board and their hiring process. 

15 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

Cameron Yoe hire was the typical small town hire with the  members of the Board actually running  a publicity campaign for the eventual Coach.. Now all the Yoe  fan base states is wait to next year we have a good JV and Freshman team coming. Rockdale Tigers will do the same thing unless Rick Rhoades actually applies, then the pressure on the Board from certain members of the community  will be extreme.  I believe Jack will apply, but he does not have enough juice to get them off the DC.  Be happy Yoe fans  they will follow your board and their hiring process. 

You're right on with your comment.  I couldn't have said it any better bulldog.  

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 12:04 PM, CMat79 said:

Pretty Impressive!

2014 was a year to remember. I believe the 2 best teams played in the Quarter Finals that season.

Close call between Rockdale and Teague IMO.  Hearing this job is getting some good (or at least interesting) applicants. 

11 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Close call between Rockdale and Teague IMO.  Hearing this job is getting some good (or at least interesting) applicants. 

Coach Rhodes was quoted saying once we got by Teague, he knew they could go all the way. It was Teague’s only loss of the year. All three had good teams no doubt. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 11:13 AM, Yoe09 said:

I would think Rockdale HC would be a very coveted position in the 3A and under world of football. They have a good tradition and pipeline of talent there.

So, I went straight to... the horse's cousin's mouth, so to speak, and asked Rockdale people what rumors they're hearing. 

Apparently, Rhoades for sure (Jack, I'm told) and some coach from DeSoto seem to be the two candidates they are most certain of... 

1 hour ago, 88YoePride said:

So, I went straight to... the horse's cousin's mouth, so to speak, and asked Rockdale people what rumors they're hearing. 

Apparently, Rhoades for sure (Jack's, I'm told) and some coach from DeSoto seem to be the two candidates they are most certain of... 

Lol sounds good hope it is rhoades 

On 3/6/2020 at 10:40 PM, player73 said:

Coach Rhodes was quoted saying once we got by Teague, he knew they could go all the way. It was Teague’s only loss of the year. All three had good teams no doubt. 

If Teague didn't lose their all-state RB that year, then they would have beat Yoe and been the state champs.

20 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Apparently, Rhoades for sure (Jack's, I'm told) and some coach from DeSoto seem to be the two candidates they are most certain of... 

So its son not father? From earlier posts, I thought you were speaking of dad. 

5 hours ago, CMat79 said:

It was daddy Rhoades.   There was interest from dad.  Money can be an issue.  

Jack his son became the wildcard.  This coming from another Yoe poster on this thread. 

We should be learning who has this job soon. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 8:03 PM, RagnarLothbrok said:

If Teague didn't lose their all-state RB that year, then they would have beat Yoe and been the state champs.

It was hard to replace a 2,000 yard rusher as well as an excellent receiver coming out of the backfield. 

19 hours ago, CMat79 said:

Yeah, as was stated, think Rick was... involved to some degree. No one said anything to me about money, but I wouldn't be surprised at all that that was an issue. I would bet Rick suggested Jack, or suggested the job to Jack... 

Anyone have an idea who the DeSoto coach might be?