Girls Regional Quarterfinals scores

lionpride08

10 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I predict MPCH will hit the century mark for the 3rd straight game in the playoffs, 4th on the season.

Very likely, and then will coast into the Regional Final. I don't see Edgewood/Howe beating them. If all the chips happened to fall into place, all signs point to round 3 between Winnsboro and MPCH. With that said, tonights game with Daingerfield will not be easy and then if Mineola wins their game that will be quite the battle in the Regional Semis. Lots to sort out this week. Looking forward to it.

3 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

MP Chapel Hill is just on a different level than most teams in this region. 

First time we played them we lost 79-73 and they made basically everything they threw up. The second time we lost 58-47 with them outscoring us by 11 in the 3rd quarter to make the difference. They play us very well and their familiarity with us over the last few years has created quite the rivalry. Would love the chance to get another shot at them this year.

22 minutes ago, chevyman said:

First time we played them we lost 79-73 and they made basically everything they threw up. The second time we lost 58-47 with them outscoring us by 11 in the 3rd quarter to make the difference. They play us very well and their familiarity with us over the last few years has created quite the rivalry. Would love the chance to get another shot at them this year.

Yeah I gotta admit when I was looking at the brackets I just assumed y’all won district and we would face you guys in the 2nd round. I had no clue MP Chapel Hill was as good as they are until my niece told me they won state last year. 

1 hour ago, Bclove05 said:

Yeah I gotta admit when I was looking at the brackets I just assumed y’all won district and we would face you guys in the 2nd round. I had no clue MP Chapel Hill was as good as they are until my niece told me they won state last year. 

Yes they are very solid. We have had some really good games with them over the last few years with them getting the best of us more often than not. They have good players and have that championship mentality as well. Will take a extremely well played game to beat them in my opinion.

She has signed with SFA. People rave about her offense when it’s her defense that is a thing of beauty. 

last night’s game was a definite trap game. Prairiland is a good team that would have won any district in our area. Our district is very strong. Winnsboro is very underrated. Each of the previous two games were as tough as our State game last year. Mineola and Edgewood are good as well. Mt. Vernon, Daingerfield, and Bells are good too. For someone to say this region is weak is not paying attention. 

4 minutes ago, GoBigBlue said:

She has signed with SFA. People rave about her offense when it’s her defense that is a thing of beauty. 

last night’s game was a definite trap game. Prairiland is a good team that would have won any district in our area. Our district is very strong. Winnsboro is very underrated. Each of the previous two games were as tough as our State game last year. Mineola and Edgewood are good as well. Mt. Vernon, Daingerfield, and Bells are good too. For someone to say this region is weak is not paying attention. 

There are 4 good teams in the region. CH, Winny, Mineola, and Edgewood. That is my opinion. That could change depending on what Min and EW do tonight but I personally see both of them winning. You guys scored over 100 points in the first two games and very likely had a bad game last night to only have that margin against a 4th place team. Regardless if EW or Howe wins tonight, I say CH wins by 20-30. That is also my opinion. We can agree to disagree. 

18 minutes ago, chevyman said:

There are 4 good teams in the region. CH, Winny, Mineola, and Edgewood. That is my opinion. That could change depending on what Min and EW do tonight but I personally see both of them winning. You guys scored over 100 points in the first two games and very likely had a bad game last night to only have that margin against a 4th place team. Regardless if EW or Howe wins tonight, I say CH wins by 20-30. That is also my opinion. We can agree to disagree. 

Honestly, yes I agree that CH's game last night was a little off, some shots definitely weren't falling but 2 of the 3 losses Prairiland had to CH this year were by 15 & 17 points.  No we were not at the level of a CH, MV, or Winny over the last 4 years but District 13-3A is one hell of a district for girls basketball and in my opinion Prairiland would have finished top 2 in any other district in this Region all 4 years.  Prairiland finished 4th 3 of those years and beat #1 seeds twice including 3 rounds deep this year, the only problem was we had to face CH last night.

CH makes it hard for a team to defend them by how they can spread the floor then attack the basket.  They are definitely the team to beat in this region and should be as the reigning State Champs.  I agree they'll win their Regional Semi but it'll be by at least 40 because #5 will step on the gas and not let up.

13 minutes ago, PatsFan said:

Honestly, yes I agree that CH's game last night was a little off, some shots definitely weren't falling but 2 of the 3 losses Prairiland had to CH this year were by 15 & 17 points.  No we were not at the level of a CH, MV, or Winny over the last 4 years but District 13-3A is one hell of a district for girls basketball and in my opinion Prairiland would have finished top 2 in any other district in this Region all 4 years.  Prairiland finished 4th 3 of those years and beat #1 seeds twice including 3 rounds deep this year, the only problem was we had to face CH last night.

CH makes it hard for a team to defend them by how they can spread the floor then attack the basket.  They are definitely the team to beat in this region and should be as the reigning State Champs.  I agree they'll win their Regional Semi but it'll be by at least 40 because #5 will step on the gas and not let up.

I agree about our district being one of the toughest for the last several years. I also agree that CH is the team to beat and will be until someone knocks them off. They have had our number the last 4 meetings and if we are fortunate enough to get a 5th meeting, then it will take a very well played game to beat them. As of now we are focused on Mineola/Bells for Friday night.

11 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I agree about our district being one of the toughest for the last several years. I also agree that CH is the team to beat and will be until someone knocks them off. They have had our number the last 4 meetings and if we are fortunate enough to get a 5th meeting, then it will take a very well played game to beat them. As of now we are focused on Mineola/Bells for Friday night.

I hope y'all get that shot at them too!