Girls Regional Quarterfinals scores

lionpride08

8 hours ago, TheShadowKnows said:

Minneola is legit! Gibson has some of that Buddy Hawkins mojo to him

Dean had 33 of 49 points. She is incredible. We will have our hands full with her and obviously to say that Gibson is familiar with the Lady Raiders and Cochran would be a huge understatement. That will play a big role in this game. Should be very exciting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chevyman said:

Dean had 33 of 49 points. She is incredible. We will have our hands full with her and obviously to say that Gibson is familiar with the Lady Raiders and Cochran would be a huge understatement. That will play a big role in this game. Should be very exciting.

She has a nice shot. I don’t think the rest of her game translates to the next level. Bells did a good job of containing her after it was too late. They needed to make someone else beat them. I see Winnsboro doing that. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GoBigBlue said:

She has a nice shot. I don’t think the rest of her game translates to the next level. Bells did a good job of containing her after it was too late. They needed to make someone else beat them. I see Winnsboro doing that. 

I look at it a couple of different ways. Do you try to totally shut her down and put too much emphasis on her therefore leading someone else to have a big game? Or do you concede that she is going to get her points and you don't allow the other players to have a big night? Will be some interesting strategy on both sides. They will have to determine how they want to guard us as well.

13 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I look at it a couple of different ways. Do you try to totally shut her down and put too much emphasis on her therefore leading someone else to have a big game? Or do you concede that she is going to get her points and you don't allow the other players to have a big night? Will be some interesting strategy on both sides. They will have to determine how they want to guard us as well.

How did y'all treat CH's #5?  Did y'all go all out to stop her and someone else stepped up or did y'all concede her points and hold the other girls?

9 minutes ago, PatsFan said:

How did y'all treat CH's #5?  Did y'all go all out to stop her and someone else stepped up or did y'all concede her points and hold the other girls?

Honestly I don't recall her having just a BIG scoring night in either game. She had good stats im sure in both but nothing compared to the 54 she had the other night which is just absurd. When we played at CH, we shadowed Garrett and there were several other girls that had big games from 3. To be frank, most everything they threw up that night went in. The game in Winny, I don't believe we shadowed anyone it was just more of a defensive struggle with the 3rd quarter being the difference in the game. Also our stud freshman didn't score a point until that 3rd quarter but the game was still tied at half. One thing CH does is play us very hard and they are extremely effective with their defense. Our pressure doesn't get to them as much as some other teams as well so that gives them a slight edge. One thing CH has is toughness and a championship mentality. Obviously we could love the ability to play them again but we will be in for a big challenge with the Jackets before we can even think about the Lady Devils

13 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Honestly I don't recall her having just a BIG scoring night in either game. She had good stats im sure in both but nothing compared to the 54 she had the other night which is just absurd. When we played at CH, we shadowed Garrett and there were several other girls that had big games from 3. To be frank, most everything they threw up that night went in. The game in Winny, I don't believe we shadowed anyone it was just more of a defensive struggle with the 3rd quarter being the difference in the game. Also our stud freshman didn't score a point until that 3rd quarter but the game was still tied at half. One thing CH does is play us very hard and they are extremely effective with their defense. Our pressure doesn't get to them as much as some other teams as well so that gives them a slight edge. One thing CH has is toughness and a championship mentality. Obviously we could love the ability to play them again but we will be in for a big challenge with the Jackets before we can even think about the Lady Devils

Last week against us almost every shot they took they made. Sabine had some turnovers which gave them easy buckets but we weren't a terrible team by any means.

1 minute ago, Bclove05 said:

Last week against us almost every shot they took they made. Sabine had some turnovers which gave them easy buckets but we weren't a terrible team by any means.

They do shoot very well there is no question about that. Honestly, if they shoot that high percentage that they are capable of I just see them being very difficult to be beat

51 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I was just thinking about from the perspective of shutting down the Mineola stud.  Is the freshman you're talking about the 6' Post?

12 minutes ago, PatsFan said:

I was just thinking about from the perspective of shutting down the Mineola stud.  Is the freshman you're talking about the 6' Post?

I personally would just play and let her get her points relatively speaking but I know we will show more attention to her and see if any adjustments need to be made. Yes that is correct. She has been outstanding all year.

30 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

So can anyone give me that regional tournament schedule with Winny on one side and CH on the other?  Date/times/location? And when is regional final game,where?

thanks is in advance

Prosper High School Fri Feb 28th.  Winnsboro plays @ 6pm & MPCH plays 7:30pm.  Winners will play @ 1pm Sat.

• Thanks 1