The Smoakhouse Forums

3 minutes ago, SvilleMonkeyMan said:

MONKE smart MONKE make own internet

You know I noticed , every one calls it Sville instead of Shelbyville . And I figured out why , the S doesn’t stand for Shelby , it stands for shamble. Shambleville . The whole town has been in shambles since . Huntington came in and made easy work out of em. 

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calm your self . Huntington beat SVille, I sure don’t see em beating Joaquin or SA

I knew it when the district was released in February. I’ve just been being a good sport for the last 8 months. 

Ok so Garrison played Crockett tough, SA got roughed up by Winnsboro, WH got blown out again, and Timpson, Joaquin and Shelbyville all got blowout wins. I think it’s safe to say that Timpson is for re

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

He is a very good player . I am taking nothing away from him , but its a one man show there in sville

One man show? Coleman? Cartwright? Davis? The whole defensive line? The big boys up front on offense? I'd argue that it's much more than a one man show down here. There is undoubtedly talent at every position. 

Ok here we are heading into week 10 and the playoff picture is finally starting to take shape. 

1. tie Timpson (9-0, 4-0) Joaquin (8-0, 4-0) will play Friday night at Timpson. Winner is district champs and gets the coveted #1 playoff seed, loser gets the 2 slot. Joaquin has finished 2nd in their district the last 4 years in a row. This is the 5th consecutive time they will have played for the district title on the road. 

It gets kinda sticky here, due to Shelbyville and West Hardin still having to make up their game. 

3. Garrison (3-5, 1-3) will host West Hardin Friday night. 

4. Shelbyville (2-5, 1-3) will travel to San Augustine Friday. 

5. San Augustine (3-5, 1-3) will host Shelbyville 

6. West Hardin (1-6, 0-3) travels to Garrison. The Oilers are so overmatched at this point I’m not going to consider the possibility of them winning this game or their week 11 make-up date with Shelbyville. They are, for all intents and purposes, eliminated from playoff contention. 

So we have 3 teams playing for the final two playoff spots. Shelbyville defeated Garrison by 19, Garrison beat  SA by 17. If the district rules are for a points tiebreaker with a 21 point cap, the SA/ Shelbyville game Friday could be really interesting. If it’s a 17 point cap, what happens if SA wins by 18? A lot to be figured out there. Looking at potential playoff matchups with the district 9 teams, I see some potential games that look like favorable matchups for district 10. We’ll dig into those a little deeper next week when we have our four playoff teams set in stone, so to speak. Playoff wins are big for a program, so look for these three coaches to pull out all the stops this week. 

5 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Ok here we are heading into week 10 and the playoff picture is finally starting to take shape. 

1. tie Timpson (9-0, 4-0) Joaquin (8-0, 4-0) will play Friday night at Timpson. Winner is district champs and gets the coveted #1 playoff seed, loser gets the 2 slot. Joaquin has finished 2nd in their district the last 4 years in a row. This is the 5th consecutive time they will have played for the district title on the road. 

It gets kinda sticky here, due to Shelbyville and West Hardin still having to make up their game. 

3. Garrison (3-5, 1-3) will host West Hardin Friday night. 

4. Shelbyville (2-5, 1-3) will travel to San Augustine Friday. 

5. San Augustine (3-5, 1-3) will host Shelbyville 

6. West Hardin (1-6, 0-3) travels to Garrison. The Oilers are so overmatched at this point I’m not going to consider the possibility of them winning this game or their week 11 make-up date with Shelbyville. They are, for all intents and purposes, eliminated from playoff contention. 

So we have 3 teams playing for the final two playoff spots. Shelbyville defeated Garrison by 19, Garrison beat  SA by 17. If the district rules are for a points tiebreaker with a 21 point cap, the SA/ Shelbyville game Friday could be really interesting. If it’s a 17 point cap, what happens if SA wins by 18? A lot to be figured out there. Looking at potential playoff matchups with the district 9 teams, I see some potential games that look like favorable matchups for district 10. We’ll dig into those a little deeper next week when we have our four playoff teams set in stone, so to speak. Playoff wins are big for a program, so look for these three coaches to pull out all the stops this week. 

There are 5 pretty decent teams in this district ... with a lot of young talent .... quite possibly the toughest 2A district in the state ....

On 2/23/2020 at 7:46 PM, GTown12 said:

Joaquin could possibly end up #3 or #4 but Timpson could be easily be pretty good next yr that’s why I had them at #3. But Joaquin will not be #1 or #2 I’m confident in that prediction.

This will never get old 😂 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

6. West Hardin (1-6, 0-3) ...The Oilers .....are, for all intents and purposes, eliminated from playoff contention. 

Took you THIS long to figure that out.....lol

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Took you THIS long to figure that out.....lol

I knew it when the district was released in February. I’ve just been being a good sport for the last 8 months. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 10/24/2020 at 5:12 PM, EdgarAllenPwn said:

This will never get old 😂 

G town clown taking all the L’s this year 

42 minutes ago, grinder said:

how is dist 9 looking

Ask the Timpson guys. They have this game won and are looking ahead. Already showing off the t-shirts. We still trying to figure out a way to win this one. 

1DEA186F-053E-45FE-9852-C7751D0D1E64.jpeg

6 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Ask the Timpson guys. They have this game won and are looking ahead. Already showing off the t-shirts. We still trying to figure out a way to win this one. 

1DEA186F-053E-45FE-9852-C7751D0D1E64.jpeg

Yeah, I can’t say that I agree with this but on the website they made a note that it could be changed to “PLAYOFFS” if need be lol I guess it’s good hype?? 

Just now, Bear9T1 said:

Yeah, I can’t say that I agree with this but on the website they made a note that it could be changed to “PLAYOFFS” if need be lol I guess it’s good hype?? 

I’m cool with it. If you can do it and back it up, more power to you. It looks to me like a good way to wind up with egg on your face. Just take the playoff t-shirt orders. It’s not like anyone is gonna look at it next week and say they don’t want it. I’ve got a closet full of Ram playoff hoodies. 

14 hours ago, grinder said:

how is dist 9 looking

1. Hawkins

2. Beckville

3. Carlisle

4. Frankston

If it ended today. Big game between Frankston and LK this week with playoff implications. Beckville has Big Sandy, who are WAY down this year and have had big time COVID issues, and Carlisle has Grove. 1-3 seeds should stay the same. 

1 hour ago, CDubya936 said:

1. Hawkins

2. Beckville

3. Carlisle

4. Frankston

If it ended today. Big game between Frankston and LK this week with playoff implications. Beckville has Big Sandy, who are WAY down this year and have had big time COVID issues, and Carlisle has Grove. 1-3 seeds should stay the same. 

thank you

• Like 1