The Smoakhouse Forums

District 10 AA D1

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calm your self . Huntington beat SVille, I sure don’t see em beating Joaquin or SA

I knew it when the district was released in February. I’ve just been being a good sport for the last 8 months. 

Ok so Garrison played Crockett tough, SA got roughed up by Winnsboro, WH got blown out again, and Timpson, Joaquin and Shelbyville all got blowout wins. I think it’s safe to say that Timpson is for re

Posted Images

Timpson wins the district title in convincing fashion. Joaquin is second with work to do to make a playoff run. Shelbyville is third provided they beat West Hardin this week. Garrison is fourth unless Shelbyville loses. 

The district 9 standings will be set in stone after this week. They currently sit 1. Hawkins 2. Beckville 3. Carlisle 4. Frankston 5. Linden-Kildare 6. Union Grove 7. Big Sandy. This week has LK at Carlisle, Hawkins at Union Grove, and Beckville at Frankston. Hawkins is locked in at #1, but upsets by LK and or Frankston would turn the seeds on their ear. Remember, it’s still #2020, so I’m not going to explore those scenarios now. I’m sure the Ram staff will be at Arrowhead Stadium Friday night, provided they can get tickets. 

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

Just came across Twitter

West Hardin has forfeited to Shelbyville. This was a game postponed to the final week. West Hardin did not have enough players

Link please. 

I didn't get to see WH play this year .... but saw several snapshots from the Garrison game.  Their linemen look huge .... Garrison looked like a Jr High team size wise against them .....

30 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I didn't get to see WH play this year .... but saw several snapshots from the Garrison game.  Their linemen look huge .... Garrison looked like a Jr High team size wise against them .....

They do have some big boys. They could definitely help themselves by visiting the weight room. Not sure the slot-t is the best offense for them. They don’t seem to have the quickness for it. But good kids that played hard and respected the game while fighting a losing battle. 

2 hours ago, Ramfanforever said:

Does anyone know where and who we will play

With District 9 still having a full slate of games this week. It’s probably best to wait until they get their playoff representatives nailed down before we start speculating on who plays who as well as where and when. We will post Playoff game information when it’s released by the schools. 

6 hours ago, Ramfanforever said:

I asked because I wasn't sure when it would be posted

Saturday. Anything posted before then is speculation unless it comes directly from a participating school. 

On 11/1/2020 at 9:29 PM, BlahBlah said:

Just came across Twitter

West Hardin has forfeited to Shelbyville. This was a game postponed to the final week. West Hardin did not have enough players

Other than that, I don't blame them for forfeiting this game, WH is not competitive at all, the only game they won is the only game they have scored pts in, in the others, they got out scored by a average of 47 to zero per game.

• 2 months later...

Looks like we’re gonna have a 5 team district for 2021. 

Per Greg Tepper of Dave Campbell's Texas Football, West Hardin has informed the District 10-2A DI DEC that it will not compete in UIL football in 2021 and will play an outlaw schedule.

This drops District 10-2A DI to a five-team district: Garrison, Timpson, San Augustine, Joaquin and Shelbyville.

On 1/12/2021 at 8:34 PM, trueblue82 said:

Looks like we’re gonna have a 5 team district for 2021. 

Per Greg Tepper of Dave Campbell's Texas Football, West Hardin has informed the District 10-2A DI DEC that it will not compete in UIL football in 2021 and will play an outlaw schedule.

This drops District 10-2A DI to a five-team district: Garrison, Timpson, San Augustine, Joaquin and Shelbyville.

Damn, I was looking forward to Kolmes and Hagar buying me a steak dinner before the Garrison vs WH game when I drove down that way this year ....