The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bluetopper

Long Distance Games in Pre District

I know 6A teams at times go across the state and sometimes even to another part of the country to play a pre district game. But I don’t think the lower classifications ever do it, do they?
I’d love to see my Paris Wildcats play Brownwood or Stephenville. It’s not all that far. About the same distance on the other side of the metroplex. 

No thanks. 

Thursday nights are brutal enough with relatively short commutes.

On 2/22/2020 at 3:17 PM, bluetopper said:

I know 6A teams at times go across the state and sometimes even to another part of the country to play a pre district game. But I don’t think the lower classifications ever do it, do they?
I’d love to see my Paris Wildcats play Brownwood or Stephenville. It’s not all that far. About the same distance on the other side of the metroplex. 

Well your Paris Wildcats are going out of state to play their first game at Arkansas High (Texarkana)!!

Shazam...didn't know that. Haven't seen the schedule. Thanks.

On 2/22/2020 at 3:17 PM, bluetopper said:

We’ve been as far south as Deweyville, and we have Clarksville on the schedule this year, which is pretty far north. The farthest west I remember going for a non-district game is Cayuga. All of those are 2 hours and change. That’s far enough for me. 

Teague and Lago Vista are playing the next two years in a home and home series.Its game 2 on the schedule and a  Two and half hour drive. 

1 hour ago, player73 said:

Teague and Lago Vista are playing the next two years in a home and home series.Its game 2 on the schedule and a  Two and half hour drive. 

That how it was for franklin and diboll in district.... 2 1/2 drive for a district game.... Im sure Thursday's were terrible

Few years back we had Newton and Hardin Jefferson on the schedule. Those were pretty good trips. 

11 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

We’ve been as far south as Deweyville, and we have Clarksville on the schedule this year, which is pretty far north. The farthest west I remember going for a non-district game is Cayuga. All of those are 2 hours and change. That’s far enough for me. 

West Hardin is further away from ya'll than Deweyville......lol...about 45 minutes farther......which year do ya'll  come down??? 

Mart vs Refugio last two years ... 5 hr trip one way.

Few years ago Hughes Springs met Hamshire-Fannett halfway in Center and Lufkin to play. This next season Pewitt makes the trip out to Celina with a new coach

59 minutes ago, Hawks2021 said:

Look at PG's pre-district schedule.  Should rack up some frequent flyer miles! 😂😂

Y'all will play Silsbee at a neutral spot though right?

1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

Y'all will play Silsbee at a neutral spot though right?

Heard it will be played in Nacodoches!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

West Hardin is further away from ya'll than Deweyville......lol...about 45 minutes farther......which year do ya'll  come down??? 

I don’t know yet. It doesn’t matter for y’all. You get 5 long trips in 2 years. 

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2020 at 8:59 PM, trueblue82 said:

North, south and west but no Texas schools east for y’all to play? Lol

truckers be jumping then scales on Friday night because the Texas and Louisiana police are at the ball games! 

6 hours ago, TheShadowKnows said:

North, south and west but no Texas schools east for y’all to play? Lol

truckers be jumping then scales on Friday night because the Texas and Louisiana police are at the ball games! 

Law don’t go round here. 

• Like 1