Sotomayor - Meltdown or Breakdown

Hagar

How many times have I heard someone on the right make a casual reassurance that whatever political case in front of the Court would go Trump's way? There is ZERO doubt that those appointed are in the bag for the GOP, with no relation to legal precedent, with the the exception of the Chief. Why act wounded and just so shocked by her remarks?!?? 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 2

24 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

How many times have I heard someone on the right make a casual reassurance that whatever political case in front of the Court would go Trump's way? There is ZERO doubt that those appointed are in the bag for the GOP, with no relation to legal precedent, with the the exception of the Chief. Why act wounded and just so shocked by her remarks?!?? 

Is that anything like thinking that the Obama appointees would go his way in court cases?

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Is that anything like thinking that the Obama appointees would go his way in court cases?

I think that Supreme Court justices are absolutely chosen for their core values and principles, so sure, those whom the POTUS feels aligns with his values are going to vote a certain way most of the time, although independent thought should be held in esteem.  Questions should be asked about court decisions: should the Court get involved in certain cases? Is legal precedent being observed? Is there a clear and compelling argument made for decisions that are made? 

I think that under Trump there is absolutely a widening partisan divide, and that should be a real concern for all of us, as the very concept of partisanship, not legal principles and core values, essentially stains the process, and that can go both ways. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1
  • Stinks 2

6 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Do you ever just make yourself nauseous from your unending hyperbole???? You don't do much for my digestion, for sure. 

I will take justices who base their rulings on the Constitution any day over a bunch of wacked out wenches who rule based on foreign court rulings, their twisted "feelings" about the law and their own wisdom and life experiences they think entitle them to make new laws from the bench ....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

You missed the point, as usual.  What gives any SCOTUS member the right to denigrate the other members?   Totally unprofessional, and beneath contempt.   Oh wait, she’s a liberal.  It’s okay for her to whine and complain about the others not agreeing with her.  The other justices should get her some freaking Play-Doh.  Her actions confirm she’s not qualified to be on the Court.  It’s the highest Court in the land.  Members should act with a modicum of decorum.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Said the Trump defender to the nth degree...

The SCOTUS rules on the Law, based on the Constitution.  Presidents don’t need decorum, they need to lead.   Do you think Grant had decorum?   Teddy Roosevelt said, “speak softly and carry a big stick”.  LBJ cussed so much it would embarrass a retired sailor.  Kennedy and Clinton boinked anything in a skirt.  It doesn’t take behavior in good taste to lead, but we should expect it from the SCOTUS.

Btw, nice diversion.  You realized how wrong Sotomayor was, so you threw out Trump.   Not working Barry, you need to go back to your Democratic Handbook for a comeback, or listen to CNN.  😂🤣😂🤣😂

• Thanks 2

Poor Barry, his hatred is so bad for this president he will back anything a liberal will say, and of course the MSM gives him his talking points, because once a parrot always a parrot. Hate, Hate, Hate, that all barry has these days. What get me is that barry is backing a liberal judge that wants to take his tax money and fund non-citizens. This is the liberal thought process, we give them things they will vote our way and we will control the entire nation. Barry wants to allow immigrants to come here and live off the American taxpayer, because I guess we don't send enough money to these countries, we don't have our own citizens that need help, and because he wants their vote, and free stuff gets more votes. Poor Parrot. SMH. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Poor Barry, his hatred is so bad for this president he will back anything a liberal will say, and of course the MSM gives him his talking points, because once a parrot always a parrot. Hate, Hate, Hate, that all barry has these days. What get me is that barry is backing a liberal judge that wants to take his tax money and fund non-citizens. This is the liberal thought process, we give them things they will vote our way and we will control the entire nation. Barry wants to allow immigrants to come here and live off the American taxpayer, because I guess we don't send enough money to these countries, we don't have our own citizens that need help, and because he wants their vote, and free stuff gets more votes. Poor Parrot. SMH. 

Poor, poor Danny hates immigrants so badly and is so inherently stingy that he is willing to give up the very ideas that made this country great, which was to embrace 'huddled masses' from around the world. I would be willing to bet that everyone of us on here had an ancestor who didn't come here wealthy or from privilege, but who fled poverty and starvation, war and bloodshed, and religious persecution and murder. If we don't allow anyone from those background circumstances anymore, we can prop up the terrified white people in this country and claim patriotism and even hide behind nationalism. It will save a buck and keep us in power for a while longer. Very sad! Almost tragic. SMH. 

2 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Poor, poor Danny hates immigrants so badly and is so inherently stingy that he is willing to give up the very ideas that made this country great, which was to embrace 'huddled masses' from around the world. I would be willing to bet that everyone of us on here had an ancestor who didn't come here wealthy or from privilege, but who fled poverty and starvation, war and bloodshed, and religious persecution and murder. If we don't allow anyone from those background circumstances anymore, we can prop up the terrified white people in this country and claim patriotism and even hide behind nationalism. It will save a buck and keep us in power for a while longer. Very sad! Almost tragic. SMH. 

I am going to call you a LIAR on this one. I don't hate immigrants, I hate the fact that those of us who actually work are paying for immigrants to come here and sit on their rear ends, without jobs, taking government funds. What made this country great is that people could build themselves a life, not be given one. You think that we should just give them a better life off the backs of others. You are always bringing race into this, which shows your true colors, you arguments are very weak, so like the rest of the democrats, you just cry racists. My ancestors came here, worked their rear ends off and made a better life. Times weren't always great, but I was brought up, like my father, like his father, that taking government handouts was bad. You are a very sad person barry. Always with the divisive racists calls. Figures, a parrot does just like the MSM, knows one thing, RACIST. I figure you are  bigger racists than I will ever be. 

7 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

And, what THAT post from you, Danny, had to do with original post, is somewhat beyond me. 🙄

She is whining that the federal government can use "public charge" for immigration. You are backing her, which means that you are backing unlimited, unemployed, immigration. I don't care who comes to this country, as long as they are legal and work and don't expect the US government to pay for their homes, food, or lifestyle. 

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

And, bigger question: why does the GOP hate women so much? They should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, not legislating or serving on the bench, doing up the laundry, making sure the MAGA wear is fresh and clean? 🤔

Amen brother! This is something I can get behind. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

7 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I am going to call you a LIAR on this one. I don't hate immigrants, I hate the fact that those of us who actually work are paying for immigrants to come here and sit on their rear ends, without jobs, taking government funds. What made this country great is that people could build themselves a life, not be given one. You think that we should just give them a better life off the backs of others. You are always bringing race into this, which shows your true colors, you arguments are very weak, so like the rest of the democrats, you just cry racists. My ancestors came here, worked their rear ends off and made a better life. Times weren't always great, but I was brought up, like my father, like his father, that taking government handouts was bad. You are a very sad person barry. Always with the divisive racists calls. Figures, a parrot does just like the MSM, knows one thing, RACIST. I figure you are  bigger racists than I will ever be. 

Was really just 'parroting' your posts, as you decided to go whole hog on hyperbole and smearing me in a very self righteous and unneeded snarky manner, but then you double down on how awful immigrants are???? I don't believe I brought race into it, either, by the way, but that projection on your part seems kinda telling. Got you to sputtering, really. 

And, bigger question: why does the GOP hate women so much? They should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, not legislating or serving on the bench, doing up the laundry, making sure the MAGA wear is fresh and clean? 🤔

49 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Amen brother! This is something I can get behind. 

:rofl:

Poor, poor Danny hates immigrants so badly 

If this isn't bringing race into it, I don't know what is. Sorry excuse for someone who is suppose to be a teacher. Trying to get out of your insinuations, figures, liberal parrot!!!!!!

5 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Hate women?   Just because Obama put an incompetent, whining, Constitution hating woman on the SCOTUS, and Republicans aren’t happy doesn’t mean we hate women.  What’s sad is that you’re willing to support her stupid #### just because she is a woman.  I can guarantee you Nikki Haley would make a better President than any current Democratic Candidate.

I could turn that back at ya, why do Dems hate minorities so much?   All current Dem candidates are white.  In Feb 2016, here’s a pic of the Repub candidates, which includes two Hispanics and one Black.

DCA5674D-EB66-491C-BDE1-9EE8CE1D4D64.jpeg

• Like 1