UPDATE: Richard Strickland hired at Paul Pewitt

dillonpanthers

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Big Offensive Linemen.

And lots of them!  I will go out on a  limb and say they will have the best offensive and defensive lines in all of 3a. They lost their qb and best rb/linebacker I believe.  But I think they had 5 backs with over 1,000 yards.  Don't think they were all seniors.

5 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

And lots of them!  I will go out on a  limb and say they will have the best offensive and defensive lines in all of 3a. They lost their qb and best rb/linebacker I believe.  But I think they had 5 backs with over 1,000 yards.  Don't think they were all seniors.

I think they are losing their best DL. Who was also one of the RBs.

Should never have removed Reggie in the first place, supt at the time wanted to control everything so made the change.  Best years in Pewitt history have been in Wing T or Slot T and Reggie was big part of the success.  

Good luck to Coach Abron at Mexia he definitely is a great man and great person who will build a good program just as he did at Pewitt.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TINDERBOX said:

Should never have removed Reggie in the first place, supt at the time wanted to control everything

so made the change.  Best years in Pewitt history have been in Wing T or Slot T and Reggie was

big part of the success.  

I think there is a new superintendent.  So maybe they would be more willing to let Kumrow run things 

4 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

The biggest thing Pewitt can do to increase the quality of candidate is increase the pay some.....they weren't exactly breaking the bank with the last staff

Most smaller schools are in this predicament. It's tough for the small schools to pay coaches a higher salary. 

8 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I'm not saying pay 100k...but I mean 85k would be a decent start

Very few 3A guys make that, 3A D2 even less.   I do agree with your statement though, they should up the rate.

A good welder makes more that the average 3A HC/AD makes . 75K is about the going rate.   A good Welder doesnt have to put in 100 hours a week from August-November.  Then they as AD's they are EXPECTED  by the community to be at every  Girls and Boys Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball game. I had a 3A D2 AD show me where parents were raising hell he wasnt at a JV football road game the day before he was coaching to get in the playoffs.

A different coach at the same level was telling me how the school board was roasting him for not being at JR High Girls basketball games.

It really is unreal in the smaller towns, how everyone wants to do your job for you and in the smaller towns it is worse.  at 5a-6a Schools, people have to much to do and there are too many people at games for people to waste time to see if the AD/HFC coach is in attendance. 

Add to the fact that these guys are on 11 month contracts, meaning the month of JULY is their off month. They are not getting paid for that month.

BUT, you would think that most people would know that in JULY there is no way for a football coach to take off.  You have summer workout programs going full force, most every school has a football camp for they young kids in JULY and you are getting ready for the first day of fall practice the first of August.

So, all the hours from August-Nov, expected to be at every sporting event the rest of the school year which is 4 nites a week, then work for free the month of JULY because you just cant take that month off....Yea, they need a raise.  If it were me, I would have just learned to weld.

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

How the hell is that a step backwards? He was the OC for the nations top rushing attack. Abron never made an offensive call. I’m not saying that’s the direction they will go and Coach Kumrow probably doesn’t want the hassle. To many have disrespected him even though he’s given us 35 years of loyal service. Still #### talking even if you put an “All respect to” in there. 

Tell em how ya really feel kuzzo 

• Stinks 1

31 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

We offered what we could. You been through here? Not exactly Highland Park. How old are you? Turn that hat around. 

1) Yes I've been through Omaha/Naples and I know 73k for an AD isn't going to cut it...

2) 40

3) When you sign my paychecks you can tell me how to dress, until then your opinion is literally irrelevant WOOO! 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 3
  • Stinks 3

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Richard Strickland hired at Paul Pewitt