UPDATE: Richard Strickland hired at Paul Pewitt

dillonpanthers

17 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

And how do they and bunch more like them do that?  Local tax base aside, do you agree the state needs to change the way it funds public schools? Maybe you can help us in 2021 and come to Austin and testify before the legislature. Think about it. 

Some find way, just depends on what is important to you. Dekalb for example, is in the same district as pewitt with no industry and they pay great. Bowie pays really good for their size. It all depends on how you spend your money. A lot of schools find ways to make it happen.  

3 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

73 wasn’t the counter. I’m not putting someone’s business out there. We couldn’t match Mexia. That’s all I’m saying. 

I get that, I’m not posting anybody’s salary information either because it isn’t my business. I just want them guys compensated for what they do. They have a lot on their plates!

3 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

Stepp is right.  All he's saying is that if they don't want to keep losing good coaches like Abron or if they want to hire someone of the same quality they will have to pay better. This is a fact. Right now they will be a stepping stone to a higher paying job in a better area. If they are ok with coaching searches every few years, even as a successful program pay can stay the same. This isn't disrespectful to PP this is just reality and the reality of a lot of small schools. Coaches have to take care of their family, and to think this cycle won't repeat is stupid. 

Its also tough to hire quality or keep quality assistants at PP because of the pay, even compared to other small schools in the area. Once again if you can't pay more you can't, but that doesn't change the affect it has on applicants and coaches. 

What proof do you have that Pewitt doesn't pay its assistant coaches as good as other similar schools in the area?  Just cause you think it doesn't make it so.  Got anything besides hearsay and rumors to back that up?

2 hours ago, BEARDEDGOAT said:

Some find way, just depends on what is important to you. Dekalb for example, is in the same district as pewitt with no industry and they pay great. Bowie pays really good for their size. It all depends on how you spend your money. A lot of schools find ways to make it happen.  

If I'm not mistaken, both of those coaches have many more years of AD experience than Coach Abron and they don't pay that much more than Pewitt.  It would be reasonable to assume that an AD with 20 years experience would make more than an AD with 2 years. They probably haven't played in a state title game which definitely means something but they still have many years under their belt.

7 minutes ago, PewittPride said:

If I'm not mistaken, both of those coaches have many more years of AD experience than Coach Abron and they don't pay that much more than Pewitt.  It would be reasonable to assume that an AD with 20 years experience would make more than an AD with 2 years. They probably haven't played in a state title game which definitely means something but they still have many years under their belt.

Years of experience do not come in to play that much in regards to pay with a person in an AD role.  AD pay is just based on how each individual district wants to pay someone in that role.

1 minute ago, chubbychecker said:

Years of experience do not come in to play that much in regards to pay with a person in an AD role.  AD pay is just based on how each individual district wants to pay someone in that role.

Show me a 2 year AD in a school of 240 kids that makes 85k in East Texas. By saying this, I am not knocking Coach Abron, I am just saying that Pewitt is competitive in our market and to say otherwise is untrue.  There is way more that goes into an AD's salary than just athletics.  You pay the AD that much now the rest of admin is #### because they don't make that.  Small schools are in a tough spot.  They just have to do the best they can.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PewittPride said:

Show me a 2 year AD in a school of 240 kids that makes 85k in East Texas. By saying this, I am not knocking Coach Abron, I am just saying that Pewitt is competitive in our market and to say otherwise is untrue.  There is way more that goes into an AD's salary than just athletics.  You pay the AD that much now the rest of admin is #### because they don't make that.  Small schools are in a tough spot.  They just have to do the best they can.  

I would venture at a school that small in east texas an AD would make roughly the same at another school that's similar whether he was 2nd year or 10th year.....schools go around and find out what schools similar to theirs pay and set their AD salary competitive to the similar type schools.  

21 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

How the hell is that a step backwards? He was the OC for the nations top rushing attack. Abron never made an offensive call. I’m not saying that’s the direction they will go and Coach Kumrow probably doesn’t want the hassle. To many have disrespected him even though he’s given us 35 years of loyal service. Still #### talking even if you put an “All respect to” in there. 

I agree natureboy. Kumrow is a good man and coach.  I don’t see any backward walking if he got the job. Good luck and hope they make a great decision. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

In my view, he’s the most underrated coach around. The man has forgot more about football than most will ever know. It’s hard to keep a level head when sitting in the stands are in town when some nitwits run there mouth. He doesn’t show up on the line at Pilgrims to tell them they’re plucking feathers wrong but they wanna tell him how to coach. 

lol I wish coaches could call out people from the stands and get them on the whiteboard in the field  house so they could be put in their place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Richard Strickland hired at Paul Pewitt