UPDATE: Richard Strickland hired at Paul Pewitt

dillonpanthers

21 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Lol at no loyalty. If you are at a smaller school and do well, what do you expect when a bigger school comes calling.

Not to mention, the door swings both ways, there is no loyalty especially in the small school environment.  Admin and school boards will turn on you in a heartbeat when the right community BIG TIMER decides to pull their weight the moment you do something they don't like.

Truth hurts.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2020 at 8:29 PM, BuckNut said:

I say give Anbron 6 months and he will wish he was back at Pewitt.  Pewitt is a great little school and community.  He might find that a couple of thousand dollars ain’t worth it at Mexia.

I hope your wrong, but Mexia is Mexia. So Mexia  vs PP . I would choose Pewitt. Of course an extra 20-30 thousand can change a lot of minds about a lot of things.

19 hours ago, PewittPride said:

That’s misleading. Teachers are paid based on years of experience. A teacher with 15 years makes more than a teacher with 5 years. If HS and Dfield have averages higher than PP then it’s because they have teachers with more years of experience on average. Average pay is not a valid way to evaluate how schools pay. Look at the salary schedule. There’s not 1000 difference between them.

Salaries increase per year at a different rate. A school that pays worse than others at step 3 may pay better than others at step 6. If not an average then what do we look at? Salary Schedule?  What year? I hit on this argument in another post. To make your argument valid PP would have to be younger than every other school in the area by a good margin to bring the average so far down. If true why can't Pewitt hire or keep experienced teachers? Probably the same reason coaches leave. 

On 2/25/2020 at 2:14 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

First year teachers make 32,500 at DeKalb. They make 34,160 at Pewitt. 

Wow, I see why I never coached in ET. That’s terrible when you consider in the suburbs of DFW you start at 60-70:for 1st year teachers. And the cost of living isn’t hat much different. A $200k home in East Texas has the same principle and interest as a $200k home in say Hurst.

13 hours ago, randomuser said:

Wow, I see why I never coached in ET. That’s terrible when you consider in the suburbs of DFW you start at 60-70:for 1st year teachers. And the cost of living isn’t hat much different. A $200k home in East Texas has the same principle and interest as a $200k home in say Hurst.

Know a couple guys that made that change. Their wives were in education as well, basically add another income to the house just off raises. Everyone preached "cost of living" to them. It doesn't cost 40k more a year to live in DFW. Most of your services are cheaper because of competition. I feel like the gap is getting bigger. So tough for rural schools to compete. So tough for coaches to say no to the money. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

Know a couple guys that made that change. Their wives were in education as well, basically add another income to the house just off raises. Everyone preached "cost of living" to them. It doesn't cost 40k more a year to live in DFW. Most of your services are cheaper because of competition. I feel like the gap is getting bigger. So tough for rural schools to compete. So tough for coaches to say no to the money. 

Exactly 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Opened this thread up to talk about possible candidates and it turned into a pay scale thread lol. 

It's always about the money today.  You hearing any names yet? Saw it was posted not too long ago. I'm sure there were some biting at the bit to put in for it.

3 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Not sure. Some inside guys are applying I think. I’m sure quite a few will. I don’t want to go the young route again. This group of Juniors will be on their 3rd Head Coach in their 4 years of high school. Not good. 

They need to agree on one inside guy. Usually doesn't end well when more than one current guy applies.  

• Thanks 1

I have a real good coaching friend in ET and he said Bowman is going after the Pewitt job hard. Says he’s ALL IN, PEWITT OR BUST mentality. I have no clue as this being true as it is hearsay as far as I know. But, my buddy has been correct on a few of the ET changes and announcements thus far this year.

Here is the truth of the matter...like it or not.  If you are interested in developing/continuing a successful program you either need to hire Kerry Strong from Big Sandy and get ready to start rolling in a hurry or you need to hire a black coach (I know you just had one).  There is a shortage of black coaches at every level and it is nothing short of a travesty.

• Like 2
  • Stinks 5

58 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

To those that put the poop emoji...how sad is it that I suggest that someone hire a black coach and you guys scoff at it???  Racism...it's a bad thing.

I didn't "poop emoji" your post... but I would be willing to bet that most people put that reaction over the simple fact that you said Kerry Strong, just like you do on every post. 

39 minutes ago, lacesout214 said:

I didn't "poop emoji" your post... but I would be willing to bet that most people put that reaction over the simple fact that you said Kerry Strong, just like you do on every post. 

I havent been on here for a full 24 hours yet???

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Richard Strickland hired at Paul Pewitt