UPDATE: Richard Strickland hired at Paul Pewitt

dillonpanthers

Just now, NATUREBOY98 said:

Yes several people voiced their opinion that they wanted someone who was going to be here for a long haul. This senior class will be on it’s 3rd coach in 4 years. There’s a coach on staff who’s from New Boston. His wife is from Hooks. They’re aren’t looking to go anywhere. Very family oriented. He’s a great coach and played college ball for SMU. No I didn’t hear him with my own ears but the guy who told me is standup. Several have dm’d me saying the same thing. I don’t care if he leaves after year one, just don’t act like our OC is a burden you have to bare. That’s what pizzes me off. 

I totally understand. No school wants to be treated like someone's way-in, and that kind of frequent repetitive turnaround can cripple a program. I get it. 

5 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Board listened to absolutely nobody’s request. Everyone wanted someone who would possibly stay and this guy, like you said, hasn’t held a practice yet and already talking about Henderson. 

Talking about Henderson?  Maybe I'm slow on this but why would he be talking about Henderson.  

Just now, chubbychecker said:

Talking about Henderson?  Maybe I'm slow on this but why would he be talking about Henderson.  

He was an assistant coach at Henderson when they won State.

The presumption is that he's waiting for an opportunity to return, if/when Castles leaves/is fired. 

4 hours ago, LOL said:

He was an assistant coach at Henderson when they won State.

The presumption is that he's waiting for an opportunity to return, if/when Castles leaves/is fired. 

He was DC as well after leaving for Tyler lee for  year. He then moved on to Overton. I have no Idea where your getting your info but this guy was an assistant at Carthage on the baseball team that won state. Guy likes all sports, has a heck of a weight program and a dang good coach.  Let the man coach and sorry that "your man" didn't get the job. No reason to trash just because you don't know him from Adam. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, chubbychecker said:

I meant from that coaches standpoint......

Ah okay, well, apparently *that* particular presumption is based on someone who heard or knows something directly.

Am I correct @NATUREBOY98? Someone you trust told you that Strickland was already looking ahead to Henderson, or do I have that wrong? 

12 hours ago, Slickarick said:

He was DC as well after leaving for Tyler lee for  year. He then moved on to Overton. I have no Idea where your getting your info but this guy was an assistant at Carthage on the baseball team that won state. Guy likes all sports, has a heck of a weight program and a dang good coach.  Let the man coach and sorry that "your man" didn't get the job. No reason to trash just because you don't know him from Adam. 

I'm assuming you're mixing up posts here, because I haven't mentioned either of these points...  

3 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Not mentioning any names but it’s someone well respected by all. You know me LOL. I push the envelope a little too much here. You know I’m a rabid Pewitt fan. Fanatical a little. I’ve never said one negative thing about a coach from Pewitt. Hey I’ll be the first to tell you that I hope these guys or guy that’s relayed me these things are full of 💩. I really do. Only time will tell. I hope he stays many many years. 

Gotcha...  so you're saying that Russian hackers are behind it all. Totally makes sense.   :woot: 

3 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

It’s all in the Steele dossier. He doesn’t like to get piszed on though. That’s a plus. 

Who is this PewAnon they're talking about on the Dark Web? 

@LOL Son we live in a world that has walls, and those have to be guarded by men with keyboards. Whose gonna do it you, you lieutenant @LOL? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for NatureBoy , and you curse the Mods. You have that luxury, you have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Lion70’s suspension while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence while grotesque and incomprehensible, to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you talk about parties; you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall! We use words like honor, code, loyalty, We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something, you use them as a punch line. I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a keyboard , and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a darn, what you think you are entitled to.

• LOL! 4

6 hours ago, Stoney said:

Depends on what your definition of when is.

That's classic Bill Clinton right there, Sir. You a closet Democrat, or do you proudly fly your cigar at the Biden (previously Hillary) rallies? 🤔😉😁😂

• LOL! 1

19 hours ago, Stoney said:

@LOL Son we live in a world that has walls, and those have to be guarded by men with keyboards. Whose gonna do it you, you lieutenant @LOL? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for NatureBoy , and you curse the Mods. You have that luxury, you have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Lion70’s suspension while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence while grotesque and incomprehensible, to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you talk about parties; you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall! We use words like honor, code, loyalty, We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something, you use them as a punch line. I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a keyboard , and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a darn, what you think you are entitled to.

Hey @Stoney, do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, "Duke." Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch is the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. 

Just listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive, affirmative, uh, as anything I've heard in rock.

Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. Then there's Sussudio, a great, great song. A personal favorite.

• LOL! 1

37 minutes ago, LOL said:

Hey @Stoney, do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, "Duke." Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch is the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. 

Just listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive, affirmative, uh, as anything I've heard in rock.

Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. Then there's Sussudio, a great, great song. A personal favorite.

@LOL I’m more of a Huey Lewis man myself. I mean in '87, Huey released, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself. 

• Thanks 1