• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Coach Strickland is a great coach and man.  I was told that someone put something on here about him.  I have not been on this site in many, many years.  I do not know if I have ever posted.  However,

Here is the truth of the matter...like it or not.  If you are interested in developing/continuing a successful program you either need to hire Kerry Strong from Big Sandy and get ready to start rollin

He won’t get it. Some board members got some good looking wives. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I hope you’re right. I’ve heard the opposite. I like what you have to say better. 

You probably heard someone connected to year 2 of his Overton stint.  The year after he took them 2 rounds deep in the playoffs and then had several starters quit before year 2 started.  Nashville Dosnt just hire anyone and he walked right in and took the DC job there.  Y’all made an excellent hire.  

• Stinks 1
6 minutes ago, LIONMAN said:

You probably heard someone connected to year 2 of his Overton stint.  The year after he took them 2 rounds deep in the playoffs and then had several starters quit before year 2 started.  Nashville Dosnt just hire anyone and he walked right in and took the DC job there.  Y’all made an excellent hire.  

Why did those starters quit? I heard we may have a problem with kids playing for him. Overton wasn’t mentioned though. 

14 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Why did those starters quit? I heard we may have a problem with kids playing for him. Overton wasn’t mentioned though. 

Some moved, some didn’t like competing, and some got into trouble.  I guess that’s the best way to put it.  There wasn’t structure.  He put in structure and not all kids can handle it.  Paul Pewitt will continue to do well.  

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1
7 hours ago, LIONMAN said:

Some moved, some didn’t like competing, and some got into trouble.  I guess that’s the best way to put it.  There wasn’t structure.  He put in structure and not all kids can handle it.  Paul Pewitt will continue to do well.  

He sat a star athlete that didn’t want to act right is what I heard. If that’s true good for him. Sometimes good people end up in places that just don’t fit. This guy has a long resume and at least two state championship rings as an assistant. One under Surrat in Carthage and one in Henderson.  Also has coached in a couple of FCA allstar games. Seems like a pretty solid guy. 

• Like 2
  • Stinks 1

Coach Strickland is a great coach and man.  I was told that someone put something on here about him.  I have not been on this site in many, many years.  I do not know if I have ever posted.  However, I have known Strick for many years.  If it is true that he is going to Paul Pewitt, then the Brahmas have got them one of the best men they could get to lead them.  His football knowledge and background speak for themselves.  The players and the coaches under him will love him.  He is organized, dedicated, and will work hard to build a solid all-sports program.  Ask the people of Henderson or Nashville what they think of him.  He is a disciplinarian, which is what Pewitt has always respected.  He did the right thing at Overton.  It cost him one season of a bad win-loss record.  Those are the breaks sometimes.  The Pewitt students, assistant coaches, and staff will respect him for his discipline and enthusiasm.  If he does go to Pewitt, the Brahmas should be very appreciative for him choosing them.  He could go a lot of places, but with Pewitt's tradition, I can understand him wanting to come back to East Texas.  It is a good match.    

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1
3 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Everyone thought PP needed to get a defensive guy. Looks like he is. Hopefully Kumrow will stay on. Are the 3 that applied for the job staying?

Coach Kumrow isn’t going anywhere. He will be here until Jesus calls him home. Not sure about the other 3. 

• Like 2
On 3/21/2020 at 1:44 PM, Steeler said:

Coach Strickland is a great coach and man.  I was told that someone put something on here about him.  I have not been on this site in many, many years.  I do not know if I have ever posted.  However, I have known Strick for many years.  If it is true that he is going to Paul Pewitt, then the Brahmas have got them one of the best men they could get to lead them.  His football knowledge and background speak for themselves.  The players and the coaches under him will love him.  He is organized, dedicated, and will work hard to build a solid all-sports program.  Ask the people of Henderson or Nashville what they think of him.  He is a disciplinarian, which is what Pewitt has always respected.  He did the right thing at Overton.  It cost him one season of a bad win-loss record.  Those are the breaks sometimes.  The Pewitt students, assistant coaches, and staff will respect him for his discipline and enthusiasm.  If he does go to Pewitt, the Brahmas should be very appreciative for him choosing them.  He could go a lot of places, but with Pewitt's tradition, I can understand him wanting to come back to East Texas.  It is a good match.    

congrats coach.

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Were you just saying congrats or inferring that this new poster is Coach Strickland? I hope it’s not him. Poor name choice. Go Cowboys😡lol

He used to have a different name on here. 

7 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

What’s your thoughts on this coach. Heard good things and so so things. 

He got a raw deal at Overton. Few bad apples (players and parents)..... but he can coach. Did good at Lee with what he had. Haven’t heard a bad thing about him. 

• Thumbs Down 1
6 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

He got a raw deal at Overton. Few bad apples (players and parents)..... but he can coach. Did good at Lee with what he had. Haven’t heard a bad thing about him. 

Nice to know. Thanks. I hope he has great success here. 

22 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Were you just saying congrats or inferring that this new poster is Coach Strickland? I hope it’s not him. Poor name choice. Go Cowboys😡lol

just havin a little fun.

no matter what anybody says or thinks, he is your coach. The thing to do now is give him a chance, see him in action at your school, before making any rash decisions.

1 minute ago, Purpleforever said:

no matter what anybody says or thinks, he is your coach. The thing to do now is give him a chance, see him in action at your school, before making any rash decisions.

He will have to hit the ground running. 

Pewitt will have a good senior group next year, and it will be probably be the best group he has as the HC of Pewitt IMO.

Not saying he wont have to hit the ground running, just give him a chance before you condemn him. I don't know the guy or anything about him. All I'm saying is time will reveal all. 

6 hours ago, Valhalla said:

He will have to hit the ground running. 

Pewitt will have a good senior group next year, and it will be probably be the best group he has as the HC of Pewitt IMO.

Indeed. Should fair well next season. After that there will be a two or three lull. Now teenage boys can do lots of growing in 2-3 years so there’s hope. Several talented kids in 5-7 grades. We will have another nice run once they get up there. Old gene pool dries up ever so often in these tiny schools. 

On 3/23/2020 at 6:31 PM, Eagleborn said:

How did he get a raw deal?  He had his contract extended at Overton and left on his own to return to Arkansas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL changed the title to UPDATE: Richard Strickland hired at Paul Pewitt