The Smoakhouse Forums

3 hours ago, Ttownhornet said:

All respect to Kumrow but i think it would be a step backwards 

How the hell is that a step backwards? He was the OC for the nations top rushing attack. Abron never made an offensive call. I’m not saying that’s the direction they will go and Coach Kumrow probably doesn’t want the hassle. To many have disrespected him even though he’s given us 35 years of loyal service. Still #### talking even if you put an “All respect to” in there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, MattStepp said:

The biggest thing Pewitt can do to increase the quality of candidate is increase the pay some.....they weren't exactly breaking the bank with the last staff

We offered what we could. You been through here? Not exactly Highland Park. How old are you? Turn that hat around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

How the hell is that a step backwards? He was the OC for the nations top rushing attack. Abron never made an offensive call. I’m not saying that’s the direction they will go and Coach Kumrow probably doesn’t want the hassle. To many have disrespected him even though he’s given us 35 years of loyal service. Still #### talking even if you put an “All respect to” in there. 

Tell em how ya really feel kuzzo 

• Stinks 2

31 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

We offered what we could. You been through here? Not exactly Highland Park. How old are you? Turn that hat around. 

1) Yes I've been through Omaha/Naples and I know 73k for an AD isn't going to cut it...

2) 40

3) When you sign my paychecks you can tell me how to dress, until then your opinion is literally irrelevant WOOO! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Stinks 4

6 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

2 Things:

1.  Justin Gibson not leaving PG

2.  New Supt has no idea about football and should probably seek advice from RK or just let him run it!

I wouldn’t say the new Sup is clueless and i also think she wouldn’t interfere with the AD/HC decision to make the best choices for the team, even if its dropping their historic offense for another.  

30 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

1) Yes I've been through Omaha/Naples and I know 73k for an AD isn't going to cut it...

2) 40

3) When you sign my paychecks you can tell me how to dress, until then your opinion is literally irrelevant WOOO! 

73? That wasn’t the counter. We can’t match what Mexia gave. He’s worth his weight in gold to me but the tax base isn’t there. If you’ve been through here you’d have known that. Yeah 40 is to damn old to wear your hat backwards. Your opinion and your magazine’s opinion isn’t relevant either. Picking us 4th? Real damn good experts. Btw Triston told me you was but hurt thinking you didn’t get the scoop. My little NB gifs throw you off? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

73? That wasn’t the counter. We can’t match what Mexia gave. He’s worth his weight in gold to me but the tax base isn’t there. If you’ve been through here you’d have known that. Yeah 40 is to damn old to wear your hat backwards. Your opinion and your magazine’s opinion isn’t relevant either. Picking us 4th? Real damn good experts. Btw Triston told me you was but hurt thinking you didn’t get the scoop. My little NB gifs throw you off? 

Clearly the money comment struck a nerve....73k is what Coach Abron made last year...I am well aware of the money situation....of course Pewitt can't match what Mexia made..the point was to increase the odds of attracting a quality candidate Pewitt needs to pay more..The other stuff you are rambling about is silly and not even worth my energy...I have a beach in Jamaica to enjoy...

• Like 2
  • Stinks 3

1 minute ago, MattStepp said:

Clearly the money comment struck a nerve....73k is what Coach Abron made last year...I am well aware of the money situation....of course Pewitt can't match what Mexia made..the point was to increase the odds of attracting a quality candidate Pewitt needs to pay more..The other stuff you are rambling about is silly and not even worth my energy...I have a beach in Jamaica to enjoy...

We offered as much as we could. You want us to take money away from teachers? Football is great. Trust me I live and breath Pewitt football, but there is only so much to go around 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

It’s 9:15. What the hell are you on Smoaky for? Go chase some stray and score some Jamaican grass man. 

• Haha 1
  • Stinks 1

1 minute ago, OPC said:

We offered as much as we could. You want us to take money away from teachers? Football is great. Trust me I live and breath Pewitt football, but there is only so much to go around 

He’s got a beach to enjoy Coach. Don’t bother him. Maybe that’s why his picks are off. To much rum. It happens. 

• Haha 2
  • Stinks 1

7 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

2 Things:

1.  Justin Gibson not leaving PG

2.  New Supt has no idea about football and should probably seek advice from RK or just let him run it!

New Superintendent had nothing to do with this. Coach Abron will tell you this himself. 

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

2) 40

Unfortunately, smart people like you do not understand that it is HS football fans like us that do sign your pay checks. Need to have a little thicker skin there. I just cancelled my Dave Campbell sub. of a LOOOOOOOONG time.  I may just be one, but you won't get another .0000000000000000000000000000000000001 from me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Stinks 2

13 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

He’s got a beach to enjoy Coach. Don’t bother him. Maybe that’s why his picks are off. To much rum. It happens. 

Stepp needs to be more prudent in his remarks. 

• Stinks 2

7 minutes ago, OPC said:

Stepp needs to be more prudent in his remarks. I will debate him publicly if he so chooses. 

Ahhh he’s a high roller. Living high on the hog. I seen his pic and I was like damn. Fred Durst off Limp Bizkit really let himself go. 

• Haha 1
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, soldier1 said:

I wouldn’t say the new Sup is clueless and i also think she wouldn’t interfere with the AD/HC decision to make the best choices for the team, even if its dropping their historic offense for another.  

They tried moving from their "antiquated" system for three years under Gentry, huge mistake. One of the best movies Abron made was allowing Kumrow to bring the slot-t back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, MattStepp said:

2) 40

We take up parts of 3 counties and are damn proud of our school and our community. We did all we could to keep Coach. We just dont have the revenue to pay big money for coaches.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OPC said:

Some schools lay off teachers to afford coaches. 

10 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I still wear my hat backwards from time to time. I'm only 39 tho so I'm good till September. Right?

• Stinks 2

9 hours ago, Cowboyz4life said:

Unfortunately, smart people like you do not understand that it is HS football fans like us that do sign your pay checks. Need to have a little thicker skin there. I just cancelled my Dave Campbell sub. of a LOOOOOOOONG time.  I may just be one, but you won't get another .0000000000000000000000000000000000001 from me.

I have bought the summer big edition off the rack for nearly 40 years.  I have bought my last one. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EastTxFinest said:

I still wear my hat backwards from time to time. I'm only 39 tho so I'm good till September. Right?

This isn't the 1960's.  It's acceptable to wear a hat backward at any age.  Talk pay, talk facilities, talk anything you want, this was a no brainer move for Coach A.  Congratulations to him.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chubbychecker said:

This isn't the 1960's.  It's acceptable to wear a hat backward at any age.  Talk pay, talk facilities, talk anything you want, this was a no brainer move for Coach A.  Congratulations to him.  

They better not wear their hat backwards in Mexia at school events if they play for him. He’s a man of discipline. How you carry yourself on and off the court/field is extremely important to him. I agree. It’s a no brainer. He will be in that 5A/6A before he’s done. 

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

They better not wear their hat backwards in Mexia at school events if they play for him. He’s a man of discipline. How you carry yourself on and off the court/field is extremely important to him. I agree. It’s a no brainer. He will be in that 5A/6A before he’s done. 

I would imagine he's got his eyes on SS

9 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Some schools lay off teachers to afford coaches. 

Hmmm, wonder who that could be. Lol

11 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Ahhh he’s a high roller. Living high on the hog. I seen his pic and I was like damn. Fred Durst off Limp Bizkit really let himself go. 

This argument is pretty stupid. Dude just stated a legit opinion and gets personally and professionally attacked for it. What a joke!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Stinks 2