UPDATE: Richard Strickland hired at Paul Pewitt

dillonpanthers

From information I get the Supt is knew to district and more than likely the school board with be

the determining factor in choosing the candidates.  The best candidate there is Coach Kumrow,

someone posted these seniors have had 3 coaches in their time in high school and need someone

willing to devote time there.  Well they had that in Reggie who has been there for a long time

and was devoted to the school and the kids there.

52 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Coach Kumrow doesn’t want the headache of being the AD. He just hopes who gets it won’t try and implement an offense that doesn’t work for us. You’re right. He has been the one constant role model they’ve had in their lives. 3 head coaches in 4 years is ridiculous. 

Their pay is ridiculous, coincidence??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Coach Kumrow doesn’t want the headache of being the AD. He just hopes who gets it won’t try and implement an offense that doesn’t work for us. You’re right. He has been the one constant role model they’ve had in their lives. 3 head coaches in 4 years is ridiculous. 

If Kumrow doesn't want it then I guess York is the inside guy. 

• LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

45 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

York is a real good dude. He has coached at some pretty elite schools in the past. Kumrow has said he has a handle on the Slot T. I don’t know, but have been told, it’s a lot more complicated than it looks. Milby and Dorsey are the other two assistants that put in for it. 

Thanks. I don't know them. Do either have head coaching experience?

29 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Neither did Gentry or Abron either though, but when you have a guy like Coach Kumrow to let the new guys fall back on his experiences and knowledge, it’s not that big of a deal. He’s an asset for sure. 

Yeah. Admin usually has a feeling for who can handle it at who cant. Was more just surprised the other 2 were if they are not currently coordinators. You don't see a lot of position coaches getting head coaching jobs. So thought maybe they had been previously or something 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 1:05 PM, bamaboy said:

Here is the truth of the matter...like it or not.  If you are interested in developing/continuing a successful program you either need to hire Kerry Strong from Big Sandy and get ready to start rolling in a hurry or you need to hire a black coach (I know you just had one).  There is a shortage of black coaches at every level and it is nothing short of a travesty.

What about the DC at New Diana? Young, energetic black coach.

• Thanks 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Richard Strickland hired at Paul Pewitt