The Smoakhouse Forums

2 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Leave Ford alone man. He’s alright. Lol

I'm at peace with Ford, it is what it is.

8 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

"In comparison with neighboring districts, Hughes Springs ISD teachers get paid higher than the average teacher pay in Region 8 ($42,217). Daingerfield ISD pays the highest among the neighboring districts at an average of $45,499. Pewitt CISD pays the lowest among neighboring districts at an average of $43,038."  Source: Texas FOIA Salary Data

Found this on Hughes Springs website when looking for their salary schedule to compare. Guess they did my research for me. 

Stipends are either lower than other schools or not large enough to make up the difference. Source: Actual Coaches that have left. 

That’s misleading. Teachers are paid based on years of experience. A teacher with 15 years makes more than a teacher with 5 years. If HS and Dfield have averages higher than PP then it’s because they have teachers with more years of experience on average. Average pay is not a valid way to evaluate how schools pay. Look at the salary schedule. There’s not 1000 difference between them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can twist it and blame everyone and everybody,  but Coach decided to leave. He had to do what was right for him. He knew what we were coming in. Damn good 2 years. Thank you Coach!

• Like 1

Good luck on y'all finding  coach, may he be good and stay awhile.

11 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Who the hell is Coach Abrams Muley? Lol. 

Well hell.  Just saw this morning.  Abron, Abrams, honest Abe.  Who gives a 💩.  No loyalty.  But Money speaks I guess. Hope yallfind a good one NB.

• Stinks 3

12 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Dementia is a very bad thing. I'm sorry you deal with that, Muley. You're a day late and a dollar short on this one, lol. 😂

There's already a thread on this. 😉

It's those damn yellow pills brah.  Was busy all day.  Dang gal didnt show.  Got any Bengay?

• Haha 2
  • Stinks 1

7 hours ago, MuleSlicks said:

Well hell.  Just saw this morning.  Abron, Abrams, honest Abe.  Who gives a 💩.  No loyalty.  But Money speaks I guess. Hope yallfind a good one NB.

No loyalty??  Really?

8 hours ago, MuleSlicks said:

Lol at no loyalty. If you are at a smaller school and do well, what do you expect when a bigger school comes calling.

LOYALTY there is  no more loyal person at Paul Pewitt than Reggie Kumrow  so leaving a school for more money and higher classification isn't wrong.

He has stayed there because of his loyalty and love for the school.  A school board talks about loyalty but only works one way because when

they decide its time for you to go they won't hestitate to pull the trigger.  Coach Abron tried to make it work did everything an AD could possibly do

to improve all sports and took the football team to the ultimate game at Jerryworld  and another team came calling it happens good luck to

him.

• Thanks 3

21 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Lol at no loyalty. If you are at a smaller school and do well, what do you expect when a bigger school comes calling.

Not to mention, the door swings both ways, there is no loyalty especially in the small school environment.  Admin and school boards will turn on you in a heartbeat when the right community BIG TIMER decides to pull their weight the moment you do something they don't like.

Truth hurts.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 2/25/2020 at 8:29 PM, BuckNut said:

I say give Anbron 6 months and he will wish he was back at Pewitt.  Pewitt is a great little school and community.  He might find that a couple of thousand dollars ain’t worth it at Mexia.

I hope your wrong, but Mexia is Mexia. So Mexia  vs PP . I would choose Pewitt. Of course an extra 20-30 thousand can change a lot of minds about a lot of things.

1 hour ago, TheShadowKnows said:

I hope your wrong, but Mexia is Mexia. So Mexia  vs PP . I would choose Pewitt. Of course an extra 20-30 thousand can change a lot of minds about a lot of things.

I would guess he will be there 3 years max and moving on. Especially if they do well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheShadowKnows said:

Doesn't Mexia have all new football facilities as well?

19 hours ago, PewittPride said:

That’s misleading. Teachers are paid based on years of experience. A teacher with 15 years makes more than a teacher with 5 years. If HS and Dfield have averages higher than PP then it’s because they have teachers with more years of experience on average. Average pay is not a valid way to evaluate how schools pay. Look at the salary schedule. There’s not 1000 difference between them.

Salaries increase per year at a different rate. A school that pays worse than others at step 3 may pay better than others at step 6. If not an average then what do we look at? Salary Schedule?  What year? I hit on this argument in another post. To make your argument valid PP would have to be younger than every other school in the area by a good margin to bring the average so far down. If true why can't Pewitt hire or keep experienced teachers? Probably the same reason coaches leave. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Be funny if playa put his hat in the ring..ten miles from where he won three ships.. lol. 

40 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Be funny if playa put his hat in the ring..ten miles from where he won three ships.. lol. 

Wives will certainly be given more attention by their husbands if Coach Backdoorman got the job. 

• Haha 3

On 2/25/2020 at 2:14 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

First year teachers make 32,500 at DeKalb. They make 34,160 at Pewitt. 

Wow, I see why I never coached in ET. That’s terrible when you consider in the suburbs of DFW you start at 60-70:for 1st year teachers. And the cost of living isn’t hat much different. A $200k home in East Texas has the same principle and interest as a $200k home in say Hurst.

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Wives will certainly be given more attention by their husbands if Coach Backdoorman got the job. 

Heard he may be interested 👀

• Stinks 1

13 hours ago, randomuser said:

Wow, I see why I never coached in ET. That’s terrible when you consider in the suburbs of DFW you start at 60-70:for 1st year teachers. And the cost of living isn’t hat much different. A $200k home in East Texas has the same principle and interest as a $200k home in say Hurst.

Know a couple guys that made that change. Their wives were in education as well, basically add another income to the house just off raises. Everyone preached "cost of living" to them. It doesn't cost 40k more a year to live in DFW. Most of your services are cheaper because of competition. I feel like the gap is getting bigger. So tough for rural schools to compete. So tough for coaches to say no to the money. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

Know a couple guys that made that change. Their wives were in education as well, basically add another income to the house just off raises. Everyone preached "cost of living" to them. It doesn't cost 40k more a year to live in DFW. Most of your services are cheaper because of competition. I feel like the gap is getting bigger. So tough for rural schools to compete. So tough for coaches to say no to the money. 

Exactly 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trump2020 said:

NB sure is quiet these days...

Opened this thread up to talk about possible candidates and it turned into a pay scale thread lol.