The Smoakhouse Forums

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Opened this thread up to talk about possible candidates and it turned into a pay scale thread lol. 

It's always about the money today.  You hearing any names yet? Saw it was posted not too long ago. I'm sure there were some biting at the bit to put in for it.

1 hour ago, Trump2020 said:

It's always about the money today.  You hearing any names yet? Saw it was posted not too long ago. I'm sure there were some biting at the bit to put in for it.

Not sure. Some inside guys are applying I think. I’m sure quite a few will. I don’t want to go the young route again. This group of Juniors will be on their 3rd Head Coach in their 4 years of high school. Not good. 

3 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Not sure. Some inside guys are applying I think. I’m sure quite a few will. I don’t want to go the young route again. This group of Juniors will be on their 3rd Head Coach in their 4 years of high school. Not good. 

They need to agree on one inside guy. Usually doesn't end well when more than one current guy applies.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

They need to agree on one inside guy. Usually doesn't end well when more than one current guy applies.  

I don’t think they’ll agree for one to apply and the others sit it out. Maybe they can draw straws. 

59 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Natureboy, heard any names floating around?

Hadn’t heard

I have a real good coaching friend in ET and he said Bowman is going after the Pewitt job hard. Says he’s ALL IN, PEWITT OR BUST mentality. I have no clue as this being true as it is hearsay as far as I know. But, my buddy has been correct on a few of the ET changes and announcements thus far this year.

15 hours ago, randomuser said:

I have a real good coaching friend in ET and he said Bowman is going after the Pewitt job hard. Says he’s ALL IN, PEWITT OR BUST mentality. I have no clue as this being true as it is hearsay as far as I know. But, my buddy has been correct on a few of the ET changes and announcements thus far this year.

He won’t get it. Some board members got some good looking wives. 

• Haha 8

Will whoever gets this job stay slot t? My suggestion would be to continue letting Kumrow control the offense 

25 minutes ago, rickypoteet4 said:

Will whoever gets this job stay slot t? My suggestion would be to continue letting Kumrow control the offense 

Coach Kumrow isn’t going anywhere. He will be here for his 36th season. 

• Like 1

Here is the truth of the matter...like it or not.  If you are interested in developing/continuing a successful program you either need to hire Kerry Strong from Big Sandy and get ready to start rolling in a hurry or you need to hire a black coach (I know you just had one).  There is a shortage of black coaches at every level and it is nothing short of a travesty.

• Like 2
  • Stinks 7

To those that put the poop emoji...how sad is it that I suggest that someone hire a black coach and you guys scoff at it???  Racism...it's a bad thing.

• Like 1
  • Stinks 6

58 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

To those that put the poop emoji...how sad is it that I suggest that someone hire a black coach and you guys scoff at it???  Racism...it's a bad thing.

I didn't "poop emoji" your post... but I would be willing to bet that most people put that reaction over the simple fact that you said Kerry Strong, just like you do on every post. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, lacesout214 said:

I didn't "poop emoji" your post... but I would be willing to bet that most people put that reaction over the simple fact that you said Kerry Strong, just like you do on every post. 

I havent been on here for a full 24 hours yet???

• Haha 1
  • Stinks 3

1 hour ago, bamaboy said:

I havent been on here for a full 24 hours yet???

Folks are in their feelings a lot more nowadays that your previous stint. 

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Folks are in their feelings a lot more nowadays that your previous stint. 

Why is that?

• Stinks 3

21 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

Why is that?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BEARDEDGOAT said:

Never have truer words been spoken..

• Like 1

From information I get the Supt is knew to district and more than likely the school board with be

the determining factor in choosing the candidates.  The best candidate there is Coach Kumrow,

someone posted these seniors have had 3 coaches in their time in high school and need someone

willing to devote time there.  Well they had that in Reggie who has been there for a long time

and was devoted to the school and the kids there.

1 hour ago, TINDERBOX said:

From information I get the Supt is knew to district and more than likely the school board with be

the determining factor in choosing the candidates.  The best candidate there is Coach Kumrow,

someone posted these seniors have had 3 coaches in their time in high school and need someone

willing to devote time there.  Well they had that in Reggie who has been there for a long time

and was devoted to the school and the kids there.

Coach Kumrow doesn’t want the headache of being the AD. He just hopes who gets it won’t try and implement an offense that doesn’t work for us. You’re right. He has been the one constant role model they’ve had in their lives. 3 head coaches in 4 years is ridiculous. 

52 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Coach Kumrow doesn’t want the headache of being the AD. He just hopes who gets it won’t try and implement an offense that doesn’t work for us. You’re right. He has been the one constant role model they’ve had in their lives. 3 head coaches in 4 years is ridiculous. 

Their pay is ridiculous, coincidence??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

If Kumrow doesn't want it then I guess York is the inside guy. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, randomuser said:

Their pay is ridiculous, coincidence??

That wasn’t a knock on the last two coaches. We had 3 coaches in 24 seasons before Gentry. Our AD pay is right there with other schools in our district and more than our neighbor to the south. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1