SNOWFLAKES: White choir sings black spirituals, and all hell breaks loose Todd Starnes covers triggering of college student over 'American songs' concert

RETIREDFAN1

I'm getting tired of hearing about cultural appropriation.  We're all human beings, and we're going to do things in dress, fashion, and other things that we appreciate about other people.  The other day I read a story about the Woodstock concert of 1969 where it would be condemned by their children/grandchildren that are saying  it's wrong today.  The article was about fashion at today's Coachella and   SXSW about designed fashion for festival attendees.  Back then the Hippie Generation was about self expression, and being who you wanted to be.  Today it's back to conforming to how the left wants you to be rather than how the establishment desires you to be.  Oddly enough the Establishment then was the Democrats, and they are trying assert their same influence on children and young adults today to make them conform to their outlook for society, except for the LGBTQ and Muslime communities.  While the article I read was about fashion, that's how I interpreted it, because I saw the juxtaposition of today vs. yesteryear. The indoctrinated young adults and children simply don't see it.  I suppose in a way, that I'm part hippy, in that I believe in just being yourself.  We shouldn't be told what music we like, how our clothes look, how our hair looks  or how we speak.  I can understand when it comes to treating all people equally, and dressing in an appropriate way at certain events like church, weddings, funerals, and other important events.  I think that is a sign of respect.