Things that will help a small town be a graveyard for coaches

TheShadowKnows

IDK what #6 has to do with anything.  

Anyway...One thing you cant allow to happen is to have a schoolboard member pressure an AD to play the board members kid.   I've seen this first hand.  The coach stood his ground and the board was split on whether to keep him or not.  We fought and kept him, but he decided to leave because he didn't feel supported.  

Also, there seems to be a mindset of some kids and parents that their child should get to play just because of seniority.  No kidding.  I've heard kids and say that they will wait until their senior year to play, so they can start.  Who teaches a child that.  Kids that put in the time and get better should play.  No matter the classification.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The QUICKEST thing that will kill an Athletic Program are Sups and School Board Members who do no respect the Chain of Command.  Little Johnny;s 7th grade football coach busts his for acting like a little jerk in the classroom and Mommy calls the Sup or School Board and instead of them telling her to call the Coach himself or call the HC they listen to her complaints.  #Loservilleforever

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 12:30 PM, BillyClydePuckett said:

The QUICKEST thing that will kill an Athletic Program are Sups and School Board Members who do no respect the Chain of Command.  Little Johnny;s 7th grade football coach busts his for acting like a little jerk in the classroom and Mommy calls the Sup or School Board and instead of them telling her to call the Coach himself or call the HC they listen to her complaints.  #Loservilleforever

Lol at the thought of complaining to my parents about any of my coaches (or any of my teachers, for that matter).  :D 

If I would've gone home crying that the teacher paddled me, or the coach yelled at me, my old man would've told me it probably wasn't half of what I deserved. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LOL said:

Lol at the thought of complaining to my parents about any of my coaches (or any of my teachers, for that matter).  :D 

If I would've gone home crying that the teacher paddled me, or the coach yelled at me, my old man would've told me it probably wasn't half of what I deserved. 

... And then he would have provided the "missing" half at home!

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

On 4/9/2020 at 8:01 PM, RoughnedOdorsRightHook said:

im just getting into this thread but didnt west hardin screw over the hfc and the baseball coach who got WH to the playoffs for like the first time in 30 yrs?

Had NOTHING to do with OAP.....