Winnsboro Lady Raiders vs. Woodville Lady Eagles

chevyman

3 hours ago, chevyman said:

The Lady Raiders punched their ticket back to the state tournament for the first time in 9 years and will face Woodville on thursday at 3 pm. Exciting times in Raiderland. Looking forward to a great game.

This is the 2nd year in a row for woodville to make it to the state tournament... Good luck to both teams

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MFFL2011 said:

What does Winnsboro have returning next year?

Losing 2 seniors. One of those is a starter. Both are outstanding players. Will be missed but there are a lot of younger girls ready to step in. 2 freshman logging substantial minutes this year. 1 freshman starting who is a stud. 1 sophomore starter. 2 sophomores logging big minutes. 2 junior starters who are key players. Undefeated 7th grade class this year and a solid 8th grade team. Future is bright.

3 hours ago, ShaneFalco16 said:

Big Red Fan is smiling and probably complaining about Pinnell. 

Definitely......I hate that I have to go for the local team and cheer on Woodville for that very reason......but Go Eagles......

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Good luck Lady Raiders & Coach Cochran vs Woodville today at 4pm.

*4pm eastern

Also of note, Coach Cochran won state with Liberty Eylau 10 years ago so him and his team will be recognized this weekend for that accomplishment. How cool is it that he is back now with us and has another opportunity to win it again. 

• Like 2

Glad to see the Lady Raiders get there & I love seeing district 13-3A going for the 3-peat with 3 different teams.  Hard to root for Winnsboro during the regular season but definitely not hard to root for y'all in the playoffs!!  Good Luck!! 

3rd quarter has been a bugaboo most of the season and it struck once again. Woodville came out a different team and showed off their athleticism advantage in the second half. The lady raiders also shot 4-27 in the final 2 quarters that lead to their demise. We also got out rebounded by a pretty large margin as well so that didn't help. Nonetheless, the town is so proud of this team and what they accomplished this season. We all look forward to next year and the next several years as we have an abundance of youthful and talented players coming up. I personally believe we will be back next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chevyman said:

3rd quarter has been a bugaboo most of the season and it struck once again. Woodville came out a different team and showed off their athleticism advantage in the second half. The lady raiders also shot 4-27 in the final 2 quarters that lead to their demise. We also got out rebounded by a pretty large margin as well so that didn't help. Nonetheless, the town is so proud of this team and what they accomplished this season. We all look forward to next year and the next several years as we have an abundance of youthful and talented players coming up. I personally believe we will be back next year.

Franklin lost to woodville by 10 in the region final.... First quarter is what killed us at one time it was 21 to 5. Got to bring your A game for 4 quarters against good teams